Chalkitup

Chalkitup v Barclaycard

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3277 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Returned card to BC in 2006 ...... cut into four ...... attached to my charity DMP notification.

Shame, if they still have it, they can use this in court as your signature will be on the back of it, so regardless of any agreement, T&C's, statements, etc, they hold the trump card, you try and dispute to the Judge that you have ever entered into an agreement with them, then they pull out your card cut into four pieces, job done...

Still doesn't mean there off the hook though!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hello BB,

Right .... I hear what you say ........but there is no signed agreement.

However at the present time no legal action has been started (mainly I suppose because of my financial situation that they jolly well know about and that I rent where I live) ..... ..... plus I have no spare cash to pay them and as said above they have sent me no docs plus are adding interest.

So I will start some complaints to FOS / ICO ......... but what should my stance be with BC ...... as it has been ..... i.e. The Truth ..... Just tell them no cash / CCCS stopped my DMP as they know and received no agreements etc.

Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

Sorry it's been a while very busy at the moment, and don't have too much spare time, but as for the card and no agreement, unfortunately, that card with your signature on IS all the judge needs to see, there was a CAGger last year I think or the year before, who had a similar problem, and when the bank pulled out the card with his signature on, that was it game over judgment for the plaintiff!

With BC, you just have to argue the toss with him, pretty much as soon as you put up a defence he tends to drop the case.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hello BB,

Right ...... all understood re the signature.

When I put BC on this thread I meant Barclaycard ...... not B Carter!!! He is on three of my other threads but I have seen him (or at least Fredrickson International) off on two of those now. They have returned the accounts to OC.

Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

so...if they don't have a signed card and no signed agreement? Unenforceable?

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

If they don't have a signed agreement unenforceable, BUT if they can produce the card in court with the signature on it, then depending on the DJ lottery, that might be all he needs to see to agree with the plaintiff, as was proved last year unfortunately.