style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3956 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just had a prepayment electricity meter installed via warrant.

As I have a debt, they have placed this debt no the machine and set the weekly repayments to £20.

I have called them and asked them to reduce it but say they can only do this if i am in receipt of benefits, which i am not, nor am i working.

My partner is working but on Min Wage, our annual income as a family of 4 is around £9000 per year.

The electricity and gas are in my name and my name alone.

As they are unable to reduce the weekly payment, and we cant afford this as we have a Commital Warrant for Coucil tax at £100 per month, can the following be done :--

We will be unable to pay £20 via the meter, so I will have to go live back with my mother (she lives on the next street) and tell S&S that I am moving,

Will this debt follow me to my mothers, allowing my partner to put the electricity in her name with no debt on the meter, or will she become liable and it stays on.

Please don't think I am trying to pull a dodgy one, because I am not, I am quite prepaired to legitamately move to my mothers and sleep and live there, because we cannot keep this house going with that huge debt.

Please can anybody advise on this matter.

The meter currently has £2.88 left on it, and we dont get any money till Next thursday, we are able to borrow £10 from family only, and this will undoubtably be eaten up with Debt repayment and services charges, leaving us in the same situation come Sunday/Monday.