Hanne vs Abbey

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5323 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My first posting on ANY chatroom ever..

I started my claims process end of July by sending off a few letters as per instructions in the FAQs. Received £110 as a refund -gesture of goodwill from Abbey - how sweet-

Since then not much from their side so filed the claim online today..now just waiting for (14 )/28 days to pass as it seems nobody's getting full refunds nowadays until the AQ stage( right?).

Wanted to ask if anyone has received phonecalls from Abbey since starting to harass them for refunds? I received a call today ( but I wasn't in) and have been asked to call them on 0800 404 6601 tomorrow morning after 8am.

I won't bother to call but it would be interesting to know if anyone else has received calls and if yes, what do they want to chat about? weather?

Hanne ;)

Hanne, if they want to talk to you then let them call you and dont forget you are not obliged to give out any information whatsoever over the phone, in fact, can you be sure that it actually is them? in any event, if they call you i would suggest that you say that you will only deal with them via letter as your account is now the subject of a lgeal case and leave it at that, if they get stroppy you can terminate the call :-)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Thanks Lula,

I phoned the number this morning - it was to do with Abbey but not my current account with them ( I also have Abbey credit card so it was to do with setting up a new direct debit for that..)

Thanks again.

Hanne ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Update for people who are in the same stage with their claim ( MCOL - court stage)

Filed MCOL claim on the 25th

- issued 30th

- deemed served 3rd September

- acknowledged by Abbey 7th September

Abbey have till 1st October to enter defence..

Abbey have made 2 'final' goodwill gesture payments last month - one for £110 - one for £200 direct to the account..

So nothing too exciting to report for now..

Hanne ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Further update for those interested/ at same stage as me - it is going 'as planned' -

MCOL today displays 'Defence' ( rather than acknowledged)...Abbey had till 1st October to defend.

Also, emailed DLA Piper ( Charlotte Thubron) who replied that there was an offer on the post for me.

Haven't received it yet but assume this is the 50% offer from Abbey. Waiting to receive AQ now and for the case to be transferred to local court.

Not much else to report - have started printing out my bundle of papers for the court just in case etc.

Hanne ;)

• 2 weeks later...

More updates - received the 50% offer from DLA first week of October - replied on the 9th October ( this monday) rejecting the offer.

DLA Piper replied via email ( I have Charlotte Thubron) on the same day now offering 60%.

I have just now replied to her rejecting this offer also and asking for the full amount before AQ deadline of 17th October.

I am interested to see if she replies, I have not had any communication from them regarding the solicitors change ( yet I guess).

I am not expecting more offers before AQ deadline but you never know...

Hanne ;)