lgps members protection period for ill health retirement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4578 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi!!! been a while but finaly heard from pension regulator for lgps, hubby has been put on tier 1!!! new doc said he unfit for work till normal retirement, and certain things were done wrong, its being backdated to his leaving date, hours spent on computer finally feels like time well spent, pension advisors for ombudsmen should do the same as they said they did nothing wrong!! duh!! employers are using the complexity of these rules. anyone thinking of giving up... don't! study, post for help, ask union, get in touch with pension place directly, tell everyone! eventually someone will listen, it will just take a while.

HONEYBEE, thanks for all your hard work, and long posts :], and scouse geeser!!

oh!! and new goverment saying 'we're in this together', why havn't councellor and mp members of lgps been given new rules, aka money saving tactics , if the workers have to find another job when they can't do their own, why can't they!! :!:

• 1 year later...

Just book marking this thread asfound interesting. I too had to claim LGP, following dismissal from my workplace dude to the amount of time I had taken off work for ill health was one of the reasons cited by my employers at a employment tribunal. (which I lost no suprise realy as was defending my self against barrister and mayor of town). following on from that I claimed IIDB which I was awarded at 25% (now 30%) Followed up by early retirement pension from ESCC (LGP) that took two years to progress forms delayed lost ect, Inteference by my former employers(did see a copy of a letter where they closed with a comment along the lines that they would not agree to award of a pension as I had cost the firm a lot of money) never the less I eventualy was awarded it, but were complications after I was dismissed I obtained part time work again I was entered into the LGP scheme yet when My pension was awarded the part time job was not taken into the calculations yet it was the same scheme and that pension was seperated from the calculations. As the examining Dr would not agree to awarding it for the part time Job as he thought I could still do the job.

All this was over 12 years ago and have not worked since, in 2013 I will be 60 so I should be entitled to claim that pension....My question will be should I claim backdated payments for the entire life of the pension I have been recieving along with the enhancements I should have been entitled to under the then 1997/8 LGP scheme regulations. Which should have meant on re-entering the scheme part time earning/time should have been added to previous service, as well as added years to be used in calculations..this was not done at the time

My question will be should I claim backdated payments for the entire life of the pension I have been recieving along with the enhancements I should have been entitled to under the then 1997/8 LGP scheme regulations.

Hello there. I hope you're not asking us, you'll be lucky if anyone knows. :eek: [eek]

Hopefully someone in the pensions department will be able to help you. Give them plenty of notice in case it gets complicated.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum