This vilification of the sick and disabled has to stop. Please sign and post this around

loan_ranger
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5056 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

http://www.petitiononline.com/12buckle/petition.html

To: Government Minister for Health,UK Parliament For those of us who are genuinely sick and disabled the new government reforms will make us an easy target to save the country thousands of pounds.

We believe that the constant vilification of sick and disabled claimants as work shy scroungers by the press has a great deal to do with increasing levels of harassment. We also believe that the DWP and successive government ministers and MPs have knowingly or recklessly fed stories and quotes to the press about claimants, which have drastically increased the levels of press hostility in recent years.

Amongst the example of what constitutes harassment, the EHRC include:

derogatory, demeaning or humiliating remarks

offensive or patronising language

insults

threats and intimidation

We need all sick and disabled claimants and their carers to sign this petition and help us to place the blame for the increasing hatred and harassment of disabled people where much of it belongs – at the doors of the DWP and its ministers.

Edited by loan_ranger
added text

I'm not a qualified welfare rights adviser, but I'm planning on becoming one. I'm no substitute for more competent advice from trained CAB and welfare rights workers - [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/127741-benefits-advice.html"]see this post[/URL] by Joa, great advice and links! I've been running a Crisis Loan campaign and help since Jan 2007 . See my annotations c/o "theyworkforyou". I'm also currently interested by the recent DWP Medical Services reform and the effect this is having on valid claims, seriously - someone needs to be keeping a suicide count.

signed.

Also I'm gona post a link to this petition on my forums :)

Good on ya m8, there were 176 signed when I did mine.

Regards,

Paul.

I'm not a qualified welfare rights adviser, but I'm planning on becoming one. I'm no substitute for more competent advice from trained CAB and welfare rights workers - [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/127741-benefits-advice.html"]see this post[/URL] by Joa, great advice and links! I've been running a Crisis Loan campaign and help since Jan 2007 . See my annotations c/o "theyworkforyou". I'm also currently interested by the recent DWP Medical Services reform and the effect this is having on valid claims, seriously - someone needs to be keeping a suicide count.

Sorry, won't be signing.

Not that I don't agree with the feeling, far from it!

No, the problem is that petitions achieve jack and I don't like wasting my time. :-(

Be real: the vilification campaign IS run by govt after govt, it is just propaganda so that when they squeeze us, instead of being booed for the horrible, horrible bastrds that they are, they'll get applauded by the average daily mail or sum reader as firm and fair and no-nonsense.

Of COURSE the campaign isn't going to stop after a petition, no matter how many signature you get! :-(

IMO, it will take a lot more, namely someone with enough knowledge to take on the DWP/ATOS to task under the DDA. Call me nuts, but it seems to me that the people who are currently being the most discriminatory and the least compliant towards the disabled are the very institutions which are supposed to make the "reasoanble adjustment" disabled people require.

Taking a specific: The fact that ATOS questionnaire are the same for all is in itself discrimnatory since it doesn't make reasonable adjustments for specific disabilities, and this results for example in autistic people failing where they might not should have the questionnaire been adapted to their needs.

Think on that. :-|

Nice one just going to sign it now.

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Whilst online petitions may not necessarily change the world, if the cause is true and dear to the heart then it's always worth 15 seconds of my time! ;)

Good OP

Rae

Whilst online petitions may not necessarily change the world, if the cause is true and dear to the heart then it's always worth 15 seconds of my time! ;)

Good OP

Rae

yes,i agree,whilst it may not do any good it certainly wont do any harm,we have to keep trying and not give in,

as rae would say up the revolution !!

An online petition is anything but "up the revolution". :-|

I suspect that this is why there is an online petition site, to give the disgruntled an outlet for their anger thinking that they are registering and making a mark, and thus stop the majority from thinking further and actually doing something. :-(

By all means, sign away, who am I to stop anyone? ;-) All I'm saying is please don't just sign and then just sit back and wait for "them" to take notice. They already know how wrong this is, they just don't give a flying toss about it.

I'm in favour of much more direct action myself, as people might have noticed. As far as I am concerned, every child who gets statemented becasue I have helped, every IB claimant who gets their benefit reinstated, every disabled person who gets that little more empowered so that they know how to fight un unjust sytem which only wants to become even more so, THAT is worth a thousand petitions. :-)

An online petition is anything but "up the revolution". :-|
Lol. That was quite good Bookworm! :) [Or, as I often say, it was a cheap shot - but that's all I can afford. :p]

What amused me about your initial post was this assertion:

No, the problem is that petitions achieve jack and I don't like wasting my time. :Cry:
As it took no time at all to complete.

The rest of your post and subsequent riposte I agreed with. My apologies if you thought I was making a personal dig, nothing could be further from the truth.

I don't think any of us just sign this sort of petition and sit back thinking 'Hurrah! That's a bloody nose to the DWP! Pip! Pip!' Quite contraire.

However, for me at least, I work slow. Painfully so. It can take me a month or two to reply to my MP. It can take me six months to figure out what direct action I want to take. It can take infinity to mobilise the mobility impaired. So do feel free to aid us in any constructive way you feel able to do so.

Can we consider you a recruit?

Up the revolution... ;)

Much love

Rae

Edited by RaeUK

I didn't take it as any dig, Rae, now I am going to have to go back and find the supposed insult and get offended!!! :razz:

sorry, the "wasting my time" wasn't referring to the actual time it takes to do it, but to the end result. And sadly, if my experience of people is anything to go by, a LOT of people think that signing a petition is sufficient, assuage their conscience by signing and feel so much better for it. Funnily enough, probably not the disabled so much because they know the real issues, but the able-bodied... Anyway...

A recruit? For what? The revolution? Honey, I am French, my middle name is Revolution! :-D

There are 2 sentences which I use on a daily basis: 1 - "There are people on whose toes you need to step until THEY apologise", and 2 - "First against the wall come the revolution". Need I say more? :-D

Thankyou Bookworm for putting my mind at rest. It is so easy to get the wrong end of the stick or to make a simple misunderstanding when text is the sole form of communication! :)

As for revolution, my surname is French. I want to revolt. But more often I just go round in circles... :p

Best wishes

Rae

To: Government Minister for Health,UK Parliament For those of us who are genuinely sick and disabled the new government reforms will make us an easy target to save the country thousands of pounds.

We believe that the constant vilification of sick and disabled claimants as work shy scroungers by the press has a great deal to do with increasing levels of harassment. We also believe that the DWP and successive government ministers and MPs have knowingly or recklessly fed stories and quotes to the press about claimants, which have drastically increased the levels of press hostility in recent years.

insults

threats and intimidation

We need all sick and disabled claimants and their carers to sign this petition and help us to place the blame for the increasing hatred and harassment of disabled people where much of it belongs – at the doors of the DWP and its ministers.

I want to/need to sign the petition but I am an Ex-pat living in Spain. Can´t Ex-pats be included in the petition or other Ex-pats living in an EEU country? There are a lot of us here.

:mad:

insults

threats and intimidation

Signed :)

I'm selfish impatient and a little insecure, i make mistakes, i'm outta control, and at times a little hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best!!-Marilyn Monroe