Welcome Credit Agreement - Manipulated?!?

drob
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3989 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi slick132

I will send a letter as suggested today and see what Lowell's response is. Thank you so much for your help so far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Update

Lowell have no responded and have told me that both credit agreements are held at Welcome Finance and are available for inspection. They have given me 30 days to respond before starting collection activity.

As the original default notice is invalid how does this come in to play regarding the agreement or am I best keeping the invalid default quiet in case it goes to court?

Why can they just not copy them to you ? Or are you wanting to see the originals? In which case they can ask you to inspect at the Welcome office :(

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Keep the dodgy default notice as a back up plan :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Keep the dodgy default notice as a back up plan :)

Thank you for your reply & I will keep the dodgy default notice as a back up plan...

I have an original copy of the agreement which included PPI before I cancelled it.

Once I cancelled the PPI Welcome issued a new account number and new agreement which I had allegedly signed. Welcome denied that they had never issued a new agreement and told me that they didn't need to even though I had cancelled the PPI. However, despite Welcome claiming that they had never issued a new agreement I have 2x photocopies of a new agreement with the PPI removed, signed by myself. I believe that my signature has been tampered with and copied & pasted from the old agreement.

At the end of the day I did take a loan out with Welcome, however I have dug me heals in and disputed the agreement and charges since 2010

Hi Drob,

Are you able to visit their office to inspect and photograph the documents, or are you too far away to do this.

Otherwise, WSecome Finance have offices here - http://www.wfs.co.uk/contact-us

Tell Lowell that you require that the original doc'ts be sent to an office near you so you can attend and photograph the originals for professional inspection.

:wink:

Edited by slick132

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Drob,

Are you able to visit their office to inspect and photograph the documents, or are you too far away to do this.

Otherwise, WSecome Finance have offices here - http://www.wfs.co.uk/contact-us

Tell Lowell that you require that the original doc'ts be sent to an office near you so you attend and photograph the originals for professional inspection.

:wink:

Hi slick132

My nearest Welcome Office is Nottingham 119 miles away so it's a bit of an inconvenience to travel that far...

What annoys me is that Lowell have purchased my account from Welcome, but every time I write to Lowell they then have to contact Welcome. I'm just fed up of going round in circles.

Ok, so unless you're prepared to travel to see the doc'ts, you will need to take another approach.

You could simply call their bluff saying you doubt the authenticity of one of the documents and would Lowells therefore have proper copies taken of each document and send them to you for inspection. If they fail to agree, it may be that they too are suspicious about the the two documents and this may deter them from taking the case to court.

:-D

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Ok, so unless you're prepared to travel to see the doc'ts, you will need to take another approach.

You could simply call their bluff saying you doubt the authenticity of one of the documents and would Lowells therefore have proper copies taken of each document and send them to you for inspection. If they fail to agree, it may be that they too are suspicious about the the two documents and this may deter them from taking the case to court.

:-D

Hi slick132

Thank you for your reply...

Another reason for not being able to travel over 100 miles to Nottingham is that I have recently had spinal surgery and i'm currently unable to drive and I'm off work so i will try the approach you have suggested.

At the end of the day I took the loan out, however I refuse to pay any additional fees & penalty charges, they have cobbled together a second agreement which one minute they say they never sent and now they have a photocopy and the default notice issued is invalid.

Do you think I should make an offer to repay the original loan amount minus what I have already repaid & minus additional fees, intereset & penalty charges and see what Lowell come back with?

I think Lowell have just given a basic reply to your question and said, "Yes, the doc'ts are with Welcome and available to see."

But I'm not sure they see the reality of the situation - that one of the doc'ts must, in your opinion, have been forged.

You can obviously pay them as much as you want but I think you should firstly establish what documents they have to prove the debt(s).

I'd ask them to supply good quality photos or scans of the 2 documents so you can see them properly.

:-)