Please Help Me, IUC Decision

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5037 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry am in a right state. After having my IUC in Feb the DWP have decided that I live with a partner, which I dont and have done for over 2 years. I am devastated, in pieces. I dont know what to do please help. I can feed the kids or pay the rent. I havent had a letter from them just recieved an appeal leaflet today and called them asking why I had this and they said the claim had been closed and the decision had been made. What do I do? I couldnt stand prison, would rather be dead and think the kids would be better off with me that way. Please help

Hi Averyworriedmumof3, I've only just woken up so I can't say much yet until the tea and fags kick in, however, please stop worrying about the possibility of prison.

Prisons are already overcrowded with habitual and real criminals and the cost to the taxpayer of putting someone "inside" means that it's really a last resort.

Best wishes,

Paul.

I'm not a qualified welfare rights adviser, but I'm planning on becoming one. I'm no substitute for more competent advice from trained CAB and welfare rights workers - [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/127741-benefits-advice.html"]see this post[/URL] by Joa, great advice and links! I've been running a Crisis Loan campaign and help since Jan 2007 . See my annotations c/o "theyworkforyou". I'm also currently interested by the recent DWP Medical Services reform and the effect this is having on valid claims, seriously - someone needs to be keeping a suicide count.

Hi Averyworriedmumof3, I've only just woken up so I can't say much yet until the tea and fags kick in, however, please stop worrying about the possibility of prison.

Prisons are already overcrowded with habitual and real criminals and the cost to the taxpayer of putting someone "inside" means that it's really a last resort.

Best wishes,

Paul.

Thanks Paul, this is my original thread. Am just in pieces at the moment.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/259605-interview-under-caution.html

Sorry am in such a mess I managed to post the wrong like.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/247253-please-help-iuc.html

Edited by Averyworriedmumof3

Hi Mum, I can't give much advice but I can empathise with you, been there done that. 18 months it took in my case. do you know how much your overpayment is likely to be? if you really haven't been living with him then i don't see that they can prove you have. it's for them to prove you did not you to prove you didn't.

Hi Mum, I can't give much advice but I can empathise with you, been there done that. 18 months it took in my case. do you know how much your overpayment is likely to be? if you really haven't been living with him then i don't see that they can prove you have. it's for them to prove you did not you to prove you didn't.

Thanks for replying, I am at my wits end! Rough calculations show approx £14000 in Housing benefit (as was in private rented until recently) and £8000 in Income Support as have been on it since February 2009.

Did you win your appeal? Sorry to ask but am at wits end as havent even recieved the letter stating their decision and now CAB say I have to have the letter to appeal. DWP say the decision was made on 28th May but has only just filtered through to them so my IS claim has been canceled from 17th June and CAB are saying that my appeal will probably have to be in by 28th June (just over a week) but they cant appeal without the letter which I havent had :((((

I got taken to court BUT I admitted what I had done. by the way, just because those twits have decided you live together dosen't mean you;ll get taken to court and tbh as I said before I don't see how they can prove you did if you hadn't. they only prosecuted me for what I owned up to IE what i had done wrong but they tried to say my whole claim was fake and that I had sold my house just to get benefits!!! that freaked me out more than anything. i went in and told the truth and nothing more was said about it so they knew they couldn't prove it. i also suffer from anxiety and depression and trust me it is relevant(I read your original post) everything seems worse than it is and I had imagined myself locked up and everything. I got a fine in the end and it's all behind me as this will all be behind you eventually xx

Have just spoken to IS to see where the letter is and they said it was sent on 16th so should be with me tomorrow or monday. This will have what they based their decision on in the letter.

I am so in pieces at the moment, I've not done anything wrong. I really couldnt go to prison esp for something I've not done. :(((

• 3 weeks later...