Can SLC claim back alleged overpayment?

fossn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5032 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am locked in a dispute with SLC over whether a repayment is due.

Basically they say I left my course before an arbitrary date which means I must repay part of my grants/loans. I have asked them to supply written evidence of this condition being notified to me or being available for me to read anywhere so that I might have been able to comply. By not being aware or able to comply I cannot be held responsible for not complying and the condition is an unfair contract term. I have told them I will go to court and ask the court to decide if the condition is legal since it is impossible to know if one is in breach of it or not if it is not possible to find out the clause exists before falling foul of it.

I would welcome any advice and can give more detail but didn't want to post too long a story. I am also unsure about their debt recovery process since I got a letter from a debt collection agency which said they had passed the debt on for them to collect then the letter was signed by the SLC and the company was listed at the bottom of the letter as being a trading name of SLC. What the ##* is that all about?

After responding to the letter I then had another call from SLC demanding the repayment again!! They are such a shambles. Does anyone know what they are doing at this place.