Default damages [PCWorld wrong laptop sold & HFC Finance]- Supreme Court

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3648 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just read about this in the DM.

i always thought that if someone sold you something and it wasn't as described you are by rights allowed to get your money back.

hope you get the outcome you are looking for.

beggers belief that this has went on for so long

I've just read about you in the DM too. I didn't know about your case before today.

I thought the same as flynnsmum. They obviously should have refunded you and cancelled the credit arrangement immediately.

I wish you all the luck in the world. You are absolutely amazing to take them on like this.

DD

Ive said this privately so will say it here thank God for guys like Richard.

Most of us after 16 years would of called it a day, to get any sort of legal help he would have had to bang hes head against walls so often I wonder if he has any of hes own hair left.

To win then get overturned as often as he has yet somehow keep himself focussed and hes legal team backing him up without just giving up is nothing short of astonishing.

I personaly take inspiration although no hope from hes stance and from bottom of my heart support him getting whats right as I feel we all do.

So many things wrong so many people know it yet as we read its a near impossible task to get it put right lets hope the system changes now but would like to thank Richard for hes sacrifice as the rest of us can take precedence if nothing else from hes hard work

Maybe the Supreme court needs to know what your doing gives so many of us a little hope.

Bottom line is if the banks are made accountable they wont do things like this

May I ask the forum owners why havent we organised a trip to court in support? regional travel sharing etc

Debtors are under dogs and with respect without people like Richard Durkin who is taking all the risks and humility a debt advise forum would be pointless and toothless

Hi Folks,

News just in last night that the Supreme Court have ruled by majority that they're not willing to consider the Section 56 argument.

Although it fits perfectly with the condescendence, facts and evidence, previous counsel did not put enough emphasis on it.

This clears the path for the court to sort out Section 75 for the benefit of all of us.

The fact that 2 of the justices were willing to consider Section 56 bodes well as that would have blown HFC clean out of the water.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Folks,

News just in last night that the Supreme Court have ruled by majority that they're not willing to consider the Section 56 argument.

Although it fits perfectly with the condescendence, facts and evidence, previous counsel did not put enough emphasis on it.

This clears the path for the court to sort out Section 75 for the benefit of all of us.

The fact that 2 of the justices were willing to consider Section 56 bodes well as that would have blown HFC clean out of the water.

Cheers,

Richard

WTF

Why, is this just because it was not sufficiently raised in the earlier case, what about fairness, and ensuring that justice is done.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

WTF

Why, is this just because it was not sufficiently raised in the earlier case, what about fairness, and ensuring that justice is done.

WTF is probably the most widely used acronym for this whole case.

However, the theory is that justice will be better served by straightening out Section 75 knowing that Section 56 would have done the job.

We still expect justice will be done. Just a little more long winded.

Richard

WTF is probably the most widely used acronym for this whole case.

However, the theory is that justice will be better served by straightening out Section 75 knowing that Section 56 would have done the job.

We still expect justice will be done. Just a little more long winded.

Richard

Yes very nice for the rest of us Richard but it must feel like an aspect of your defense has been denied you.

However onward and upward, the section 75 argument is a good one IMO and i am sure you will win out in the end.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Yes very nice for the rest of us Richard but it must feel like an aspect of your defense has been denied you.

However onward and upward, the section 75 argument is a good one IMO and i am sure you will win out in the end.

Thanks DB.

Remember though I'm not the Defender. I'm bringing the bank to court in the pursuit of justice.

Hasn't been easy and in my opinion, they're just perverting the course of justice.

You're spot on about how I feel. I am a surveyor. I must rely on others to deliver justice.

Cheers,

Richard.

Good luck for tomorrow Richard.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

You should be able to watch this here I believe

http://news.sky.com/info/supreme-court

As sad as I am, I have just watched the proceedings and fascinating it was too.

How it ever got to this stage is totally beyond me as (IMO) the facts speak for themselves.

Richards contract should have been cancelled on return of the laptop, PC world should have sent the money back (if they ever received it in the first place) and the bank should have torn up the contract. Simple? No?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I also wonder what 'duty of care' the bank followed before filing the default. As we are aware, most defaults are automatically done and little or no checks are made. The bank were (or should have been) aware of the dispute and as such should never have placed the default.

Their actions caused Richard a loss (IMO)

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

As sad as I am, I have just watched the proceedings and fascinating it was too.

How it ever got to this stage is totally beyond me as (IMO) the facts speak for themselves.

Richards contract should have been cancelled on return of the laptop, PC world should have sent the money back (if they ever received it in the first place) and the bank should have torn up the contract. Simple? No?

Yes indeed and this would have been the scenario if the section 56 argument would have been taken up IMO, the problem is can the section the 75 point be made to perform the same function, it is to be hoped so, or failing this, can there be some common sense judgment can find another way around the issue

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?416229-Campaign-to-stop-Banks-and-Retailers-reporting-to-Credit-Agencies-for-non-existent-debts

I have copied the link to the e-petition to a thread of its own (it is still in this thread as well).

I have signed it and asked friends and family to sign as well :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You should be able to watch this here I believe

http://news.sky.com/info/supreme-court

Wow..that made for some very interesting listening...Good luck Richard.

How do I find the bit I need to listen to - I have a blank screen which says they are currently in recess ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

How do I find the bit I need to listen to - I have a blank screen which says they are currently in recess ?

As it was live, I don't think there is a recording of it - yet. I get a blank screen too- now! as the hearing is finished