Default damages [PCWorld wrong laptop sold & HFC Finance]- Supreme Court

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3648 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK folks. The time has come. If any of you believe that me winning in the Supreme Court will help you please e-mail Frances McCartney at

Email address removed

She's really interested in your story!

We're in the process of applying for legal aid using the "wider public interest" approach.

If you have an idea of the numbers of people affected by wrongful defaults in the UK, you can really help here. Please also recommend any bodies I should write to for this kind of statistic. I'll be asking Martin Lewis for example.

I'm guessing at least tens of thousands but have no proof.

Cheers,

Richard.

Edited by the_shadow
Removed email address, awaiting clarification ok to post it as breaches site rules

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Post unapproved for the present, just checking ok to post the email address.

S.

No worries. I suppose you could contact Frances on it to confirm. She said that it would be OK. She needs someone "official" to give the legal aid board a good estimate on the number of people who'd benefit from a successful appeal in the Supreme Court. Of course, it would be pretty much everybody. The banks ransom technique will be brought to an end.

Hi D

Happy new year. Great to see you're still pressing on. Let's know if there's anything you need from us, including spreading the word far and wide to move things forward.

Best

Btm

The matrix is intrinsically flawed. Within it is the program for it's own destruction. If you are reading this, you are in the matrix and it's days are numbered...so watch out! :eek:

No worries. I suppose you could contact Frances on it to confirm. She said that it would be OK. She needs someone "official" to give the legal aid board a good estimate on the number of people who'd benefit from a successful appeal in the Supreme Court. Of course, it would be pretty much everybody. The banks ransom technique will be brought to an end.

Shadow, have you been in touch with Frances? This is pretty important. It's not often a consumer complaint has a chance to be heard in the Supreme Court. I need all the help I can get. I've a meeting next week with the advocates.

Richard

Shadow, have you been in touch with Frances? This is pretty important. It's not often a consumer complaint has a chance to be heard in the Supreme Court. I need all the help I can get. I've a meeting next week with the advocates.

Richard

Hi Richard, I flagged this up to admin as its a breach of the forum rules to post email addresses up esp. for commercial companies. I've yet to have a response so will chase.

What I will do is approve the post but minus the email address, I'm afraid thus is the best I can do at present.

S.

... please e-mail Frances McCartney at

Email address removed

Richard.

Hi Richard, heads up please on who she is and what she'll do when contacted?

The matrix is intrinsically flawed. Within it is the program for it's own destruction. If you are reading this, you are in the matrix and it's days are numbered...so watch out! :eek:

Frances is our saviour! She's responsible for me getting legal aid on a wider public interest basis for the Supreme Court. She'll be submitting all stories about how the default annihilates people's financial standing and lives respectively. She needs experts to quantify the numbers affected to the board. Just because I guess tens of thousands, doesn't actually mean there are tens of thousands. It may be just me or it could be millions. Now's the time to speak up. Through this case, others will benefit and the banks will finally be brought to justice. The advocates are confident. While the site team sort out the e-mail address issue, perhaps folk who are willing to contribute could PM me and I'll forward it on to Frances.

Cheers,

Richard.

Thanks D. So she's a potential saviour of a kind...but who is she and who does she work for/with etc?

The implications of the case you are referencing here appears to me to be one of the most important issues in modern finance at the moment. It affects the degree of responsibility and accountability that banks and credit reference agencies have between them and the rights of 'consumers' in that regard.

It is therefore a defining issue that has implications for millions and millions of people across the UK and possibly EU too. Getting the right people behind you for the fight and spreading the word out wide enough to get people sharing their stories is therefore vital. I'd be VERY wary about entrusting this to the OFT or any other government agency that's allegedly pro-consumer. The issue is just too big and the implications too massive for banks to let this one go easily.

If there was more than one way through which she can be reached, that would also be a boon I think, post, email, website, phone/fax etc...

In my own minimal experience, I would say I have witnessed incorrectly placed defaults (as opposed to warranted and therefore correctly recorded defaults) affect up to 50 people. I would guestimate about 1-in-4 people in the credit having adult population of the UK are affected. That's a huge number and the ramifications are therefore consequently huge.

Can I ask therefore, in your view and experience, what exactly is wrong with the current state of play and what change(s) is/are required to deliver justice? I think it's important to be clear from the outset what it is we are rallying behind and trying to achieve.

Site currently prevents contact details being posted. Frances helps people with worthy causes obtain legal aid when they wouldn't normally be able to afford it.

The banks are currently holding people to ransom for money they legally don't owe. The Supreme Court is expected to end the bullying tactics with an unprecedented ruling that confirms the law is designed to protect the consumer. Justice only if the victims are put back to the position that they would have been in, had the bank not interfered. Financially anyway. Time and lives cannot be replaced.

I've just been before the legal team put together by the FLSU.

We need one of the site team to put a few paragraphs together for Frances, to explain the impact of defaults on Caggers.

They should deal directly with Frances, explaining who they are and what they represent.

Shadow - do you think someone can do this please?

Thanks very much.

Anyone else wishing to contribute with their personal stories can contact Frances too but I'll need to PM you with her details.

Anyone who has contacts with the financial media please PM me details.

We need to spread the word fast that defaults are due to be less easily imposed if we can convince the legal aid board that this will be good for the wider public interest.

• 3 weeks later...

Time for a story. Could someone PM me details of a journalist who'd like to help. Preferably in the London/Kent area.

We need to make this blatantly clear, despite the blatantly obvious, that a Supreme Court ruling prohibiting banks from extortion/defamation/negligent misstatements (basically issuing wrongful defaults!) will be in the public interest. The team's in place (pro bono) and prospects of success are "significant".

Cheers,

Richard.

• 3 weeks later...

All signed

Scrapper Coco8-)

"I just want to make people silky-smooth!"

Scrapper vs MBNA Partial Settlement Success. Saved £13,000 :lol:

Scrapper vs Barclays Bank Plc PPI Reclaim Success £5,500 :lol:

Scrapper vs Barclaycard Partial Settlement Success. Saved £6,000 :lol:

Scrapper vs Tesco's FOS upheld complaint. Possible court action to get default removed

Scrapper vs Egg (Barclaycard) Awaiting FOS

Scrapper vs Barclays Bank Plc Offered made & Refused. This means war :-x

Scrapper vs Barclaycard (Cabot) Waiting 4 years for CCA. Cabot advised irresolvable :lol:

Scrapper vs Intelligent Finance. Success

Scrapper vs Picture (Webb Resolutions) Success

Beginner's guide

Advice & opinions given by Scrapper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Hi Durkin

If I may offer a word to hopefully assist you in getting more publicity on this. Try some of the non-mainstream outlets out there that focus on Internet Broadcasting and Social Networking. I don't know who you've gone to in the mainstream 'misleadia' but much of the distribution is owned and controlled by interests that are either financiers themselves or massively pro-bank.

That's why you will almost never hear certain vital fundamental issues discussed in the mainstream, yet on the Net, they're open secrets.

It does not suprise me that they're either unwilling or slow to take up this cause, fabulous as the story is. You'll get a different reception among the underground, non-mainstream folk.

Thanks Rhia & Scrapper for the tips. The journalists are all dragging their heels but I live in hope. Meanwhile, in the absence of a #10 petition, I'm trying this:

http://www.gopetition.com/petition/43459.html

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Richard.

Hi Richard, just signed up, once I realised what was happening.

May I suggest you re-post the above petition to make it clearer you'd like people to support it? Your use of the phrase "I'm trying this" did not at first suggest to me what it was until I saw others acknowledging it. May I also suggest you visit various related threads here at CAG and elsewhere and point them to the petition? It needs to be actively promoted.

Admin may also want to look what they can possibly do to promote the petition widely to the membership.

Cheers for the tips Buster. I'm still exploring the "underground". (Perhaps you could PM me a contact?)

Shadow, please could you liaise with the site team to spread this over the forum appropriately?

http://www.gopetition.com/petition/43459.html

Thanks to everyone that's signed this petition. I understand if we can get 500 signatures, the government will be obliged to comment.

There'll hopefully be a reference to this in the Guardian, perhaps next Saturday.

Buster is right though, the story is likely to be less consumer orientated than we'd like.

MP is now looking into strengthening the law but he's not the fastest operator and is just one man.

This petition will be addressed to the government as a whole.

It's also good ammo when applying for legal aid on a wider public interest basis. Comments are ace.

Cheers,

Richard.

Signed, when OH comes in they can sign as well :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D