HFO - New Letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5054 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Two years ago I had around 2 months of tooing and froing with HFO and Turnbull.

They were not able to come up with a CCA for a Marks & Spencer account, and as far as the assignment letter went that they sent me, it was a falsified, unsigned document on copied M & S paper with no contact details.

My last communication from them was nearly two years ago, which ended basically in a letter from Michael Hardy saying see you in court.

Now I fast forward two years, still no CCA and still no official letter of assignment - but a polite letter from them offering me 37 % of the so called debt that I am supposed to owe them, but to date they have not proved.

It ended up saying they would hate for me not to be able to get credit because of the default on my credit file, and also the possiblily of a charging order or an attachemnt or eranings order should they decide tro take me to court.

Well, I guess I am right in assuming they are hoping that I will pay them for a debt they have yet to prove I owe them as they are offering me this discount.

Has anyone else had this type of letter from them recently, and am I still right in assuming that as they have not produced a valid CCA or letter of assignment that I still am right in sticking my ground with them.

Any further help and advice would be appreciated, and maybe a suggested response at this stage.

Thanks in anticipation

Two years ago I had around 2 months of tooing and froing with HFO and Turnbull.

They were not able to come up with a CCA for a Marks & Spencer account, and as far as the assignment letter went that they sent me, it was a falsified, unsigned document on copied M & S paper with no contact details.

My last communication from them was nearly two years ago, which ended basically in a letter from Michael Hardy saying see you in court.

Now I fast forward two years, still no CCA and still no official letter of assignment - but a polite letter from them offering me 37 % of the so called debt that I am supposed to owe them, but to date they have not proved.

It ended up saying they would hate for me not to be able to get credit because of the default on my credit file, and also the possiblily of a charging order or an attachemnt or eranings order should they decide tro take me to court.

Well, I guess I am right in assuming they are hoping that I will pay them for a debt they have yet to prove I owe them as they are offering me this discount.

Has anyone else had this type of letter from them recently, and am I still right in assuming that as they have not produced a valid CCA or letter of assignment that I still am right in sticking my ground with them.

Any further help and advice would be appreciated, and maybe a suggested response at this stage.

Thanks in anticipation

Ignoring this new letter seems like a good idea to me.

Just hate every DCA out there

Can you post the letter, with your personal/account details removed.

Very happy to assist in destroying HFO's misery machine.

If they have failed to fulfil the CCA request, then you should put the account in dispute; there's a template letter available.

They also cannot take enforcement action - which means court - while the account is in dispute. So getting the account in dispute letter away would be a good start. If they then threaten court action, you will have cause for complaint to the OFT and trading standards.

Further, if they are using the recording of adverse data as a threat, that is also not on. The recording of data is not a weapon - the Information Commissioner's Office would love to hear about this.

Post the letter so we can see if it is a threat.

Thanks for the replys - been away for a few days, so yes, will scan the letter and see what you think - its a laughable letter really after no communication for a couple of years

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request