James vs Skillstrain

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3625 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I started a Skilltrain IT course in Feb 2005 - from receiving first couple of parts of the course I was not happy as the course was very poor (also falsely endorsed - thanks to BBC watchdog) - and I had signed a credit agreement for £2500.00

I stopped doing the course and stopped receiving parts of the course after a few months - but continued to pay a reduced payment due to financial difficulties and to avoid a CCJ/default - I still owe £600ish

But am now in the financial position to challenge this - I basically want my money back.

I offered them 14 days to resolve - then an LBA 14 days and now-

I am in process of entering a claim against them in small claims court - is it going to be a problem as signed the agreement more than 6 years ago?

(even though the course end date was around 2008 )

I know they have paid out others who were on the same course - but I am concerned due to the 6 years thing!"

Edited by petschs

It does not make any difference.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

• 8 months later...

Hi James,

I signed up in 2006 but due to a series of family and work issues (Death of my Father, house move, redundancy and then learning a new job) I wasnt it a position to keep up with the course at that time.

I now find that after contacting them to extend the course my course has expired, they wont upgrade to the latest course and let me continue. All fees were paid up and now nothing to show, not even a credit note or reducion on a new course.

How did you get on ? I am asking for at least they send me the course information still owed or my money back for the % of uncompleted course - I have started the course and at no time did they explain about any finite time period BUT did "suggest" that you complete within 3 years.

Were you ever made aware of the 3 year limit ? - the website states all upgrades are FREE and that was through their Student World webpage.

Paul