• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Please Help, LOG BOOk loan repo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4975 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha ha aha, splitting my sides laughing. NOT,

Spoken to a young man from LBL.

Would not/could to to data protection discuss account with me.

He said i could get my car back if i paid the cap fee of 1,100.

I asked him how the new owner would be able to register if they dont have up to date docs. He could not answer me.

I told him LBL will only get scrap value for car, which is about 250.

I am quite sure the previous owner will go get help with his finances through MOD. And I think i will get purchase price back from previous owner by getting it knocked off his wages. The army do take a dim view on things like this.

LBL after saying they could not discuss the account told me when their interest in car started. November last yr.

He said he could not understand how I managed to get a new set of docs from DVLA. Methinks some digging needs to be done.

Quite an arrogant young man really, his name has been mentioned on here before i noticed.

Ha ha ha aha, splitting my sides laughing. NOT,

Spoken to a young man from LBL.

Would not/could to to data protection discuss account with me.

He said i could get my car back if i paid the cap fee of 1,100.

I asked him how the new owner would be able to register if they dont have up to date docs. He could not answer me.

I told him LBL will only get scrap value for car, which is about 250.

I am quite sure the previous owner will go get help with his finances through MOD. And I think i will get purchase price back from previous owner by getting it knocked off his wages. The army do take a dim view on things like this.

LBL after saying they could not discuss the account told me when their interest in car started. November last yr.

He said he could not understand how I managed to get a new set of docs from DVLA. Methinks some digging needs to be done.

Quite an arrogant young man really, his name has been mentioned on here before i noticed.

It really is pointless talking to them, they are a complete KNOBBAGS, they read from a script...

If you can get your money back from the MoD thats another avenue, did you spend any money on the car?

Just send a reg letter to them, asking for prof of ownership, advise them that you purchased the car unknowingly with LBL intrest, also tell them that the car is over 8 years old and as such the BoS is void and that the

Bill of Sales 1878

[F17A Defaults under consumer credit agreements

(1)Paragraph (1) of section 7 of this Act does not apply to a default relating to a bill of sale given by way of security for the payment of money under a regulated agreement to which section 87(1) of the M1Consumer Credit Act 1974 applies—

(a)unless the restriction imposed by section 88(2) of that Act has ceased to apply to the bill of sale; or

"(b)if, by virtue of section 89 of that Act, the default is to be treated as not having occurred."

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/RevisedStatutes/Acts/ukpga/1882/cukpga_18820043_en_1

If we read the last line (b). so the Bos is tide to a CCA, so how did you get a default notice-its not yours, the Bos not yours... Data protection act 1998, can give it out..but if you pay us blar blar...

i

So lets change tact. Write a reg letter to the them with the above info..

see what happens...

trooper68

Trooper68:)

dont ever feel stupid. these repo guys dont care and it could have got worse outside your home.

please call in to your local police station today and explain everything and ask them to get the court order from the repo guys. they will sell your car within 5 days so you need to see the police today.

HI I am reading through these posts to find a solution to my problem...

I too am a victim of log book loans, I borrowed £2500 over a 4 year period to date I have paid back over £13000, however having paid the last instal payment last week thinking great its over I have today received a letter saying that I owe a further £1200 in charges and if I don't pay they will come and take the car, it seems that this is never ending does anyone know where I can get some advice I cannot afford to pay this all at once I have already paid back the loan what else now. Some please some assistance this is driving me mad.

HI I am reading through these posts to find a solution to my problem...

I too am a victim of log book loans, I borrowed £2500 over a 4 year period to date I have paid back over £13000, however having paid the last instal payment last week thinking great its over I have today received a letter saying that I owe a further £1200 in charges and if I don't pay they will come and take the car, it seems that this is never ending does anyone know where I can get some advice I cannot afford to pay this all at once I have already paid back the loan what else now. Some please some assistance this is driving me mad.

Hi anne. you need to go and see a solicitor about this i am also going to send you the details of the officer in charge at the oft.

on your agreement you will see a total payable on your bos. has that amount been paid ?? and in the mean time you will have to hide your car you have seen first hand how quick they clamp or take your car. dont let them get your car. a solicitor can find out why you have such high charges but remember the charges have the same interest as your loan so you need to see a solicitor as soon as you can.

Hi yes it finished the 16th of June.

I have paid back over £13000 for a £2500 loan.

I have been in contact with the OFT through the Consumer direct as they clamped my car a couple of years ago when I was not in arrears and took all my things out of my car and left them on the drive including my sons car seat, it doesnt matter if you report them I feel like I have no rights at all and this is never ending.

I was thinking of writing a letter to them and then taking them to the small claims court would this help as I cannot afford a solicitor

Good Morning all you lovely people,

I have today received a letter from LBL,

Dear Mr ***** ( I am a Mrs, There is no Mr)

Agreement No******

Vehicle Reg **** ***

Please be advised that the vehicle detailed above has been repossessed by our agents on the 16/06/2010 due to non-payment of a loan agreement secured on it.

This vehicle will now be held in secure from the date of the vehicle was recovered to offer you the opportunity to reach an agreement with us. The storage will be charged at £14.10 per day period.

If you are unable to reach a satisfactory agreement with us in this time we will put the vehicle forward for sale.

If you are unable to make payment to us please provide us with any keys you hold for vehicle, and any MoT certificates and / or service history you have for the vehicle

Yours sincerely

Signed

repo dept

Omg. did not realise that they were part of Nine regions that I have reading so much about on here.

Hi bobo. yes they have many names nine rigions and logbookloans are the same company oh and another 10 names on company house.

your car will be at the british car auctions at brighouse (only 10 mins from you) wounder how much it will go for.

Good Morning all you lovely people,

I have today received a letter from LBL,

Dear Mr ***** ( I am a Mrs, There is no Mr)

Agreement No******

Vehicle Reg **** ***

Please be advised that the vehicle detailed above has been repossessed by our agents on the 16/06/2010 due to non-payment of a loan agreement secured on it.

This vehicle will now be held in secure from the date of the vehicle was recovered to offer you the opportunity to reach an agreement with us. The storage will be charged at £14.10 per day period.

If you are unable to reach a satisfactory agreement with us in this time we will put the vehicle forward for sale.

If you are unable to make payment to us please provide us with any keys you hold for vehicle, and any MoT certificates and / or service history you have for the vehicle

Yours sincerely

Signed

repo dept

Hi Bobo

Send that reg letter today, don't give them anything..

trooper68

Trooper68:)

BOBO. now you have it in wrighting from lbl that its the car (bos) take the letter to a solicitor your bos DOSE NOT stand. a bos can not be attached to anything over 8 years old this makes the repo order void. and have your local court make a realeas order for your car.

Hi,

Thank you for that, Could someone point me in the direction of the 8yr rule please. Is it in writing anywhere. Just trying to make things a tad easier for my solicitor, whi I dont think is totally au fait with things like this x x

Update, I am stuffed, Spoken to solicitor and they have said because of value of car it is not worth pursuing, and I have spoken to trading standards and they said LBL are entitled to the car. And I would have to take it up with previous owner.

But I am still not handing car keys and docs over. They can sell the car in the ring and get feck all for it. I give up. Good luck everyone else with your cases. I will chase the previous owner, I just hope he has not been thrown out of army.

Right, breath, calm, ok.

I have fired a letter off to LBL stating my position on the matter. I have told them I will NOT be handing any docs over and I have told them about the 8yr rule and that this makes the BOS void. I have told them I have taken advice from solicitor and that I want a copy of the BOS.

I will probably have more chance of my ex husband coming home than I have of the car coming home. I am sooooo pleased I did not have new gear box fitted.

Right, breath, calm, ok.

I have fired a letter off to LBL stating my position on the matter. I have told them I will NOT be handing any docs over and I have told them about the 8yr rule and that this makes the BOS void. I have told them I have taken advice from solicitor and that I want a copy of the BOS.

I will probably have more chance of my ex husband coming home than I have of the car coming home. I am sooooo pleased I did not have new gear box fitted.

bobo. if you are not fighting for the car. i have just pm you something.:lol:

I really want to hit LBL where it hurts, even If i give up on car puerly down to finances I still would like a the fleas of a thousand camels to, you get the idea. And so on. And I would like in someway to be involved in bringing about there demise. I will help in any possible x x x

I really want to hit LBL where it hurts, even If i give up on car puerly down to finances I still would like a the fleas of a thousand camels to, you get the idea. And so on. And I would like in someway to be involved in bringing about there demise. I will help in any possible x x x

mmmmmm DAILYMAIL HEADLINES. goverment allows logbook loans to take car from mod nurse mmmmmmmm infact i think that will get a story

its time for everyone to send a link to this forum to your local mp. http://www.oultwood.com/localgov/mplist.php

LOL, I will do that straight away, And pretty please, if anyone has it in writing about the 8 yr rule I would most appreciate it. I need to follow up a letter to LBL. And I am most certainly going to do what you said in Pm. I will have a go at taking them on myself until the sale date. Then I will try and find out where the car is. I will go to sale myself. And when I see the new owner I would be more happy to tell him myself about everything. x x x x

Evening, An update,

I have spoken to previous owner, He has promised to repay all monies laid out for car. I am awaiting his proposal on how he is going to do this. I wont hold my breath. At the moment I dont know where car is. So dont know which auction it will be going to.

No reply from LBL as yet re my response to the letter to me. Again I wont hold my breath.

Have had a good weekend and not thought too much about it. I refuse to let them ruin my social life as well through worrying. x x x x

Evening, An update,

I have spoken to previous owner, He has promised to repay all monies laid out for car. I am awaiting his proposal on how he is going to do this. I wont hold my breath. At the moment I dont know where car is. So dont know which auction it will be going to.

No reply from LBL as yet re my response to the letter to me. Again I wont hold my breath.

Have had a good weekend and not thought too much about it. I refuse to let them ruin my social life as well through worrying. x x x x

Hi bobo. contact these people se if they have your car

BCA

Armytage Road,

Brighouse,

West Yorkshire,

HD6 1XE

Phone: 01484 401555

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

An update,

Well, still no reply from LBL re reply I sent to them after letter sent to me. I have emailed them again just now.

I have been onto DVLA and the car is still registered in my name. I have renewed the SORN on it as I am still responsible until I know what has happened to my car.

The little scroat who sold me the car has not poppied any money up as promised. I am in contact with him but he just keeps making excuses. I have threatened with the RMPs, but he is deploying shortly so I dont think they will bring him back from Afghan somehow.

I also contacted BCA and they have not seen hide nor hare of my car. And I have been watching ebay in case it comes up on there, so far not. They do have a bare face cheek with that. I cant get my breath on that stunt they are pulling. Appalling. And I cant believe they are being allowed to get away with it. Or am I being naive again.

So, the upshot is, it looks like I have lost the car and the money as well.

Well done to all those who have stuck it to LBL, I will keep following all the threads.

Edited by smashedbobo
Misspelling