rundle and co demanding full payment in four days

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5052 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am really desperate for some help and not sure now who to turn to. To cut a long story short, Last years Council Tax has been passed on to a Bailiff company, Which has been fine till now. Both my Partner and I thought that the payment was due today, which was paid but was actually due on the 10th of this month. Two previous payments were also paid a couple of days late. Now because they have been late (even though this one was a genuine mistake and has been explained to Rundle and Co.) They are now demanding full payment of £980 by this friday or they will be coming to my house to sieze goods. There is no way we can raise this as I am currently unemployed and my partner is only helping his dad out in renovating his house. What items we do have in the house of value belong to someone else but cannot prove this. I have rang my local council and spoken to the Senior Officer in the tax office but they cannot do anything and are not willing to take the debt back. No one has been in my house but they claiming that they have done a levy of my goods in a breakdown of fees. does this mean I still have to let them in.

Can anyone help me?

Edited by squid01

I am really desperate for some help and not sure now who to turn to. To cut a long story short, Last years Council Tax has been passed on to a bailifflink3.gif company, Which has been fine till now. Both my Partner and I thought that the payment was due today, which was paid but was actually due on the 10th of this month. Two previous payments were also paid a couple of days late. Now because they have been late (even though this one was a genuine mistake and has been explained to Rundle and Co.) They are now demanding full payment of £980 by this friday or they will be coming to my house to sieze goods. There is no way we can raise this as I am currently unemployed and my partner is only helping his dad out in renovating his house. What items we do have in the house of value belong to someone else but cannot prove this. I have rang my local council and spoken to the Senior Officer in the tax office but they cannot do anything and are not willing to take the debt back. No one has been in my house but they claiming that they have done a levylink3.gif of my goods in a Breakdownlink3.gif of fees. does this mean I still have to let them in.

Can anyone help me?

Edited by squid01

There are rules that bailiffs have to follow. I would suggest not letting them over the threshhold. Making sure that there is no open window or door that they can enter through as if they manage this it gives them certain rights of re entry.

I'm a newbie here so take anything I say with a pinch of salt.

There appears to be a whole subforum here on what bailiffs can and cannot do. I'll try to link it.

I'm sure one of the big guns will be along soon to help you out. Hang in there.

thanx i have posted it in the bailiff one aswell but i put payment in 3 days by accident. the car which was on the drive when they supposed to have come(i say supposed as i was in all day that day and no one knocked on the door) i have sold in the last couple of months and we currently dont own a car does that matter

thanx i have posted it in the bailiff one aswell but i put payment in 3 days by accident. the car which was on the drive when they supposed to have come(i say supposed as i was in all day that day and no one knocked on the door) i have sold in the last couple of months and we currently dont own a car does that matter

what date did they levy the car

what date did you sell it

Have you checked with the Council:

a - how many Liability Orders you have

b - how much each Liability Order was for

c - how much is still outstanding on each one

You say you got a breakdown of fees a few months ago - have you asked for a more recent one?

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i know i have one and my partner has two im not sure what the amounts are for my partners one from a previous address and i havent checked with the council how much is still outstanding on this one. i havent asked for a more recent breakdown

May I suggest you find out in the morning what you owe from the Council - do not believe what the Bailiff tells you. I think I would also ask the Bailiff for a more up to date breakdown - it should be more or less the same as you already have but you should point out as others have said about the levy being invalid. If they agree make sure they have removed all the associated charges.

I notice what you say about your present circumstances - do you have any family apart from the 2 of you.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Make sure you batten down the hatches. If you can avoid telephone contact as they are known for having selective memories on recollection of phone calls. If he's never been in your home he has no right to come in. He will lie, cheat and cajole you. Eventually he will give up and go away.

In the meantime I would suggest paying the Council direct on a regular basis with a regular amount - £10 per week for example. You can do this using their automated phone service or online on their website. This shows you are willing to pay should things go further.

Despite anything he may say he cannot force entry to your home, bring a locksmith, have you put in prison etc.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, I was just wondering because of this:

There is no way we can raise this as I am currently unemployed

Income based JSA is a deductable benefit which might have given you an argument to have the case returned to the council for this purpose. Apols.

Best wishes

Rae