Bp Oil Leak

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5063 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure if this the right place for this thread so feel free to move it if not

Right i feel the need for a rant as this is really p@&sing me off

This big companies have no regard for the future of the world there profits and shareholders have to come first before the damage they have caused to the gulf untold damage that will take years to recover

@od the shareholders put the damage right first and compensate the people whos businesses you have distroyed

Oh and im sorry if you do not want to be called british tuff because dispite what you say BP means BRITISH PETROLIUM perhaps if you spent some of those profits on changing the company signage you would not have this british problem

Spend the money and sort it NOW

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Dedate your views good or bad PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

As I recall, it was a US Company that messed up, the only connection was they were being employed by BP. Strange how they're being really good about it, it makes me think they know full well it is the sub-contractor's error that is going to pay for it all.

Thats just stupid, BP was called British Petroleum, in 2000 they were called BP Amoco plc, then become BP (Beyond Petroleum) in 2001, so they haven't been British Petroleum for years...

Oh a couple of other things, 1 the Sub-Contractor that BP was forced to use by the American Government was the one that made the mistake.

Also about 80% of the shareholders of BP are Americans, as the company is mainly an American company now, as company consists of a number of companies listed below.

BP, Amoco, Arco (Atlantic Richfield Co.) and Burmah Castrol plc.

So when you want to rant about someone please do some research first... Because i actually agree with Buzby on this... its not actually BP's responsibility to clean this up, its the Sub-contractor. yet BP are cleaning it up, and they are getting flack for it.

As above it was not BP who screwed up. The duty holder was transocean, the company working on the well haliburton. The previous vendor warned this was a possibility and walked off the job.

BP is doing all they can, their priorty is stopping the leak, all this political posturing and environmentalists outrage is just getting in their way.

These things can happen as we now drop wells through 1500ft of water, almost 4 times as deep as 15 yrs ago. This makes things more difficult and harder to fix when it goes wrong (not to mention the pressure and heat that can be involved).

Get it wrong and people moan and complain. Get it right and they just complain about the cost of fuel at the pump

I'm with the above from Buzby onward. Also most of the UK and US pensions depend on BP.

As for Obama, he has had a big slide in the poles of late and has found this as his chance to rise up them again. We do more for the US than they do for the whole of the rest of the world, our armed force are even diying for them at this very moment and he comes out with anti-British crap like that.

AS above, it was US contractors not British.