• Tweets

• I see the poops are still trying to deflect from their own criminality and and abuses by whinging on about raynors buying her council house - now about election registration - anyone who owns a flat or house understands that you dont give up your and your childrens home just because of a new relationship and while we are on about that ..   lets start with When is jenrick being revisited for both lockdown abuses and self admitted (claims estate is his main home - not the property in his electorate or his london property) 'possible (lol) electoral registration abuses as he claimed he was at his estate 'main home' away from both London and his electoral 'home'  - much of which paid for by the taxpayer     Cabinet Minister Robert Jenrick 'breaks lockdown rules twice' by going to 'second home' - Mirror Online WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK Key Cabinet Minister Robert Jenrick drove 150 miles to his 'second home' after urging the nation to remain in their homes in a bid to...   ... perhaps follow with more self admitted lobbying while in a potion where they shouldn't “A few of us in parliament have lobbied the government – and with the help of the Treasury select committee, the chancellor has listened,” John Baron wrote.   Tory MP faces lobbying questions over Treasury committee role | Investing | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Co-owner of investment management firm called for ‘urgent’ post-Brexit changes to City rules at committee meetings     About time labour got in the game and started pressing for these self admitted/bragged Tory abuses were properly investigates.
    • No I didn't I got the dates mixed up.   
    • Sorry about that, TJ. The person who posted it specifically said it was free access. Here's another version of the FT article. https://archive.is/KYrPa
    • Isnt there some indication in there of at least intent to inform arbuthnot? IF he wasn't then it would seem to be Vennells decision to keep him 'uninformed .. Although seems to me if arbuthnot was unaware - he was either incompetent or should have very detailed records of denials. Seems vennells is constantly at the core of all the lying about all these issues though.
    • Paywalled/subscribe HB I'm unaware of the details on this HB but why is it a potential taxpayer burden? Hasn't a judge already ruled port has rights of access - so shouldn't costs be on the private company (South Tees Development Corporation) trying to change established access?     LIVE: High Court updates as CEO gives evidence in access rights row between STDC and PD Ports - Teesside Live WWW.GAZETTELIVE.CO.UK The face-off between the Teesport operator and Mayor Ben Houchen's South Tees Development Corporation continues in the High Court  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

DLA claim refused even though in a wheelchair

scorpiorick
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5020 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please help

Was dismissed from job 2 yrs ago after back problems confiding me to bed due to degenerate spine. redundancy was the excuse but i know it was because the employer was supposed to process via co ins a claim for salary due to critical illness.

Anyway, have now used all savings up as never claimed benefits on the hope I'd get well enough to do anything to regain life back, so used savings to live. When they ran out Feb this year, I filled out application for incapacity/DLA and was called for medical.

Went to medical, was in a wheelcahir in tearfulpain, but got some one to take me, they kept me waiting 1 hr but after 15mins I was in agony and couldnt sit, walk, stand etc they had to find me a bed to lie on. Went through the medical, showed xrays and mri of degenerative crumbling spine, plus also gall bladder problems where I have to not eat for 2-3 days to lessen the pain etc and the diaorea and then after questions etc was allowed to go home.

job centre phoned me today telling me i'd failed the medical and would have to attend a work interview. I told them I am still in bed and cant move as in not even able to get downstairs to answer the door,I have to crawl to the loo as it is, and am unable to feed or dress myself as I cant stand for more than 2 mins and end up falling to the floor with pain. job centre then said,work interview will have to be deffered, when I asked what that meant they said, not well enough to attned work interview means no job seekers allowance and as failed medical no more incapacity or progress to lower DLA.

So can someone please help me, what can I do, I have nothing, I am in agony, cant stand or sit can only lie to ease pain from crumbling spine, constant stomach pain from gall bladder made worse if eating, followed by uncontrollable diaorea.

If ATOS doctor saw me in this state at medical and knew I had collapsed and the centre where medical held had to allow me to lie on a bed in an examinging room, and saw the xrays, hospital mri statements and would have had access to GP notes etc - then why have they written notes etc so I failed my medical ? I am in agony and I cannot /do not know how to fight back, all I have is constant pain everything is so hard to deal with.

Please will someone tell me what I need to do, if a dr is being paid to get targets of getting people to fail this is wrong. Agree there are some liars but I have mri and xrays proving my spine is crumbling and gall bladder bowel issues, what more do they need to accept I am on the point of wanting to die to escape the pain and also the hassle this rejection is causing me, I really do not know how to fight back,and if I do it needs to be simple as I only have the energy to do thison a laptop lying down, filling their forms out is not easy as I cannot sit, everything has to be done flat out on the bed.

I am really upset by this, I paid 35yrs of tax and now my spine is about to implode I am finding it hard to understand how I could have ever have failed the medical.

Is there any legal legislation that can prove entitlement with such evidence rather than me continue to be at the mercy of a pen pusher where it is easy for them to stamp - no - because I cannot help myself?

Maybe have a look around this forum? Benefits, Tax Credits and Minimum Wage - The Consumer Forums

If you want this thread moved there, click the red triangle and ask. I'm sure a moderator will oblige.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

The first thing to do is to appeal the decision (I am sure that is everyones right). Things should get put on hold as you prepare your appeal. In the meantime, you should still be able to claim the lower rate of ESA.

I hope you get the help you need. But as Locotus said, this is the wrong forum so a Moderator will move your thread to the right place where there are lots of people in the same/similar situation.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Appeal and contact above or other organisations for help, there is a time limit for you to appeal a decision (or there used to be) so make sure you do it straight away. They may try to offer you an explanation of their decision, if they do this (again, they used to have to do this but may have changed pocedures) if they do, make sure that you state that you do understand their decision, but that you disagree and believe the decision to be wrong, and would like it looked at again.

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

Hi Scorpiorick. When was the decision on your DLA claim made?

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

I thought I had heard it all, but this does to the extreme and is down right disgusting.

Is there no humanity anymore.

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Hello again. I notice you think you were covered by an employer insurance. Have you followed that up with them?

Depending on what you say, it could be worth looking at another forum here, but can you tell me a bit more please?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Fight them every step of the way,dont give in! I have to fight for my sons DLA and everytime it runs out I have to do the tribunal again because I dont agree with their desicion.Be strong

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a letter I have written to David Cameron today and posted to him at The House of Commons, London SW1A 0AA and to his constituency office at 10 Bridge St, Whitney, Oxon, OX28 1HY

Dear Mr Cameron,

The tone of your government, of vilifying the vulnerable in society, particularly the sick, disabled and unemployed is horrifying and disgusting, especially when we are all portrayed as "scroungers". In a vile outburst on 18th June, the epithet of "workshy" was applied by Chris Grayling (Con, Epsom & Ewell) to all 2.5 million sick ESA claimants. I find that remark, reported in the Daily Mail, to be offensive, and given his previous offence over remarks about B&B owners' 'rights', I hereby call on you to force Mr Grayling to apologise publicly.

To announce, as he did, the complete abolition of all sickness benefits by 2014 , as he also did, smacks of totalitarian government - the sort we defeated in the Second World War. In fact I expected better leadership from you, Mr Cameron, with your aristocratic background and its focus on duty (noblesse oblige).

I contend it's unjust to expect the poor and vulnerable to be scapegoated and expected to pay for a financial crisis brought about by the naked greed of banks, big business and politicians: The latter being too full of their self-interest to do their jobs. Punishing the poor is not only unjust; it's counter-productive. We're already broke.

You have £136.5 Billion ringfenced for weapons systems alone, funds set aside to buy weapons of mass destruction during peacetime but you don't wish to put £12Bn aside for the sick and disabled? Pensioners are kept in poverty and some burn encyclopaedias bought in charity shops to keep warm in winter but your government leaves £130 Billion in uncollected taxes, loopholes for the rich and a pathetically low business CGT tax. You can't be bothered to collect £130 Billion from business, but you can only spare £12.8 Billion on state pensioners.

You preside over £112 Billion in hidden waste costs by the European Union, but not only that - you pay the EU £20.8 Million every day too! (£7.6 Billion a year).

For pity's sake please sort out some humane priorities and fix your upside-down budget: Instead of spending money on ridiculous ego projects, and spend a little more on the pensioners, sick, disabled and unemployed.

Please reverse the VAT hike. VAT really is a regressive tax (it punishes the poor more than it taxes the rich). It was too high at 15% never mind 20%! The VAT tax was originally 'sold' to the public as a "tax on luxury goods" and the examples given were yachts, fur coats and fine wines. As long as I can remember this unfair tax has been applied to almost everything - basics.

If your government can be a government for the people instead of a government against the people it may yet have a chance of surviving, and the country too. On the other hand, if you carry on playing God woth OUR money, giving foreign aid to Singapore which is a far richer country than the UK, for example, then the government will fall very quickly.

The electorate may be poor, but we're not fools and there's a lot of anger about what you are doing. The fix is there. You only have to spend the money on the humane options and you will be remembered as a Prime Minister apart from the sociopathic savagery of the Thatcher years ansd apart from the lies, spin and unconstitutional lunacy of the "New Labour" years. You work for us, not the other way round.

Yours sincerely

(signed)

John Moore

(an unwell taxpayer)