We have so much debt, it seems only hope is selling house!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4208 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks guys. Will put together a letter to them but may not be til Friday as hubbie on (12 hr shift) nights at the mo, so barely see him. Some good points above BD, thanks.

Haven't send F&F (too much outstanding on that one to make an offer) but they have had I&Es for whilst receiving job seeker's allowance and also £1 cheque for Jan payment.

They said they never intended to doa doorstep visit, it was just a notification that they were going to phone, but I think it was worded so as to alarm us! Idiots. Am so mad at them all. They're playing games withus.

Hi wilchil

BD is more forceful and dead right.

But then, if you're offered £250 you must be becoming a scary lady.

x

v

Not as scary as you, V!! ;-) Everything we've sent has come from this board, so thanks go out to you guys here.

Am reading this with much interest as I have just sent an offer to Albion in relation to a Sainsburys CC (I'd previously made an offer to Sainsburys but they had asked for I&E which I had refused since I have verified this with CCCS) I guess I'll get the sandbags ready and wait for the incoming....

Got to love this comment from Bigdebtor ' (don't mention the £250 at all- if they send it then bank it and later write saying this is not a settlement as your procedure is to separate all cheques, bank them and then deal with attached correspondence later - goose and gander!) '

Good luck Wilchil xx

I've only just contacted them in writing, I don't answer their calls and the letters that I have had have just asked me to ring them to discuss. I'll let you know if I do get anything in reply to my offer though

N x

I'm not at all scary!

The last birthday card I got from my wife said "Although you've mellowed (like a good wine) as the years roll by, you've still kept your looks ".

Then inside it said "Still the same glares, scowls and frowns - just better hidden by the wrinkles".

:lol:BD

Hi wilchil

Slightly off piste, but we both started with CAG at similar times so I feel some affinity.

I have 2 accounts where they would not accept token payments; I got a single letter each from 2 external DCAs with the usual harassment; I 'phoned them both (I know) and recorded their 'conversations'; I then emailed each asking if they were acting on behalf of OC, in which case I would just add transcript to my fos complaints, or acting on their own behalf and I would raise new complaint.

I have heard nothing from either in over week; that is scary.

x

v

I've only just contacted them in writing, I don't answer their calls and the letters that I have had have just asked me to ring them to discuss. I'll let you know if I do get anything in reply to my offer though

N x

Yes please, it'll be interesting to see what they do. We have changed phone numbers so they can no longer ring us. Ah, the bliss! At last I can answer the phone when it rings, knowing no one has our number apart from family and friends!

I'm not at all scary!

The last birthday card I got from my wife said "Although you've mellowed (like a good wine) as the years roll by, you've still kept your looks ".

Then inside it said "Still the same glares, scowls and frowns - just better hidden by the wrinkles".

:lol:BD

lol :lol::rofl:

Hi wilchil

Slightly off piste, but we both started with CAG at similar times so I feel some affinity.

I have 2 accounts where they would not accept token payments; I got a single letter each from 2 external DCAs with the usual harassment; I 'phoned them both (I know) and recorded their 'conversations'; I then emailed each asking if they were acting on behalf of OC, in which case I would just add transcript to my fos complaints, or acting on their own behalf and I would raise new complaint.

x

v

V

Good tactics! Depending on how much they're chasing (and their share of any payments made) they might take the view you're not worth the hassle and pass you back to the OC PDQ.

BD

It makes you wonder, if someone has actually read your letter at last, doesn't it? instead of everything being computer generated ...

Let us know if you get a reply.

For us everything seems to have gone very quiet since we sent them I&Es saying out of work, no income, here's a quid! You could almost imagine they are thinking about it ...

Wilchil, Vic, Needa (and others who might drop by)

I have put together the attached letter based on several other letters or posts on various threads. I think it covers all bases when dealing with nuisance DCA's.

Feel free to use all or part of it to suit your own circumstances. I just sent it off a few days ago - and the phone calls stopped when I told them I had written to them formally to complain of telephone harassment and was logging and recording all further calls.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?281567-Cabot-Harrassemnt-Please-help&p=3265953&viewfull=1#post3265953

Hope this helps?

BD

It makes you wonder, if someone has actually read your letter at last, doesn't it? instead of everything being computer generated ...

Let us know if you get a reply.

For us everything seems to have gone very quiet since we sent them I&Es saying out of work, no income, here's a quid! You could almost imagine they are thinking about it ...

I agree. If no furthe rcontact then send the next £1 and thank them for agreeing to freeze all interest and charges and accept these toklen payment. NB - Put in a paragraph like "Please only bank this cheque if you ARE accepting my proposal. If you are NOT accepting my proposal and the last cheque was banked in error please advise by return and also return all such payments taken by you in error along with your counter proposals for my consideration. "

If you force them away from their computer generated letters into having to think up a specific response then you're more likely to get an acceptance - since you're becoming too much of a hassle for them.

BD

I agree. If no furthe rcontact then send the next £1 and thank them for agreeing to freeze all interest and charges and accept these toklen payment. NB - Put in a paragraph like "Please only bank this cheque if you ARE accepting my proposal. If you are NOT accepting my proposal and the last cheque was banked in error please advise by return and also return all such payments taken by you in error along with your counter proposals for my consideration. "

If you force them away from their computer generated letters into having to think up a specific response then you're more likely to get an acceptance - since you're becoming too much of a hassle for them.

BD

Makes sense. We can't offer more at the moment anyway, as the way hubbie gets paid means it will be at least a month and a half before we know what our monthly income net will be. By then he will hopefully be able to move to another contract where he doesn't have to work such rubbish shifts! :(

Thanks BD. And I was feeling quite happy we have new tel. nos. and ex directory - alarmed to read that they found your number :(

I think the OC might have had it. I'm also a bit suspicious it might have come from my office as they were ringing there (and this line is put through to an out of hours engineer after 17:30 and at weekends who might have just passed my number on quite innocently). In any case I told them however they got hold of my number was illegal and against Data Protection Act. No more calls since then!

BD

I think the OC might have had it. I'm also a bit suspicious it might have come from my office as they were ringing there (and this line is put through to an out of hours engineer after 17:30 and at weekends who might have just passed my number on quite innocently). In any case I told them however they got hold of my number was illegal and against Data Protection Act. No more calls since then!BD

Good for you. As we have changed both home and mobile nos. and hubbie's old work doesn't have new mobile no., hope we can avoid this happening. I feel a lot calmer since the calls stopped AND hubbie working again!

Hi agian,

We have put together a letter to Sainsos bank, copied to A lbion DCA, could you have a look through and let me know if it's ok.

" Dear Sir or Madam,

Re.: Agreement number xxx

I refer to your letters dated xxx and letters received from A lbion Collections Ltd dated xxx .

Further to your letter dated xxx, I wish to inform you that I am still not satisfied with your conduct of my account.

Further to your comment that I have not provided you with the information you requested, I have previously provided you with my income and expenditure to your account on a pro rata basis, as calculated with CCCS. Surely you will accept this calculation as you have on numerous occasions advised I contact CCCS. I also fail to understand why you would be entitled to information about our other creditors, including amounts owed. I have, however, and purely as a gesture of goodwill and to prove my desire to resolve the situation, since provided you with a full National Debtline Personal Budget Sheet with details of all income and expenditure.

From my letter dated xxx (copy enclosed):

“In view of my current predicament, would you please accept a token offer of £1.00 per month to be reviewed in six months.”

I will of course review the situation when my employment status changes.

Your correspondence states that within 60 days, our account may be passed to your recovery agents, yet since xxx we have been receiving demands from A lbion Collections Limited regarding this account. I asked in my letter dated xxx for confirmation regarding who to send payment to regarding this account. Can you please confirm the current situation?

In your letter xxx you stated: “We can confirm that we are prepared to accept a formal offer of £xx per month towards the above agreement. However, in order for us to be able to consider this, we do need you to forward a copy of the income and expenditure information that you completed with the assistance of the CCCS. Please also be advised that before an arrangement can be accepted you will be issued with a Notice of Default which has a 14 day expiry date. Once this has expired, we are then able to send confirmation of the agreed arrangement and will pass your agreement to our solicitors Blair, Oliver and Scott for a long term arrangement to be set up.” The Default Notice dated xxx was received by me on xxx. You have received the Income and Expenditure details. Can you confirm that this has indeed happened.

I would also like to point out that, while discretion is supposed to be paramount in these cases, we have twice received correspondence from A lbion with their name (A lbion C ollections Limited) clearly visible in the address window, and our last letter from them (dated xxx) arrived with its envelope unsealed. I am sure you can appreciate the distress this caused."

We are copying it to A lbion.

Thanks! :)

W.

Good letter - just two points.

1. Interesting they talk about Blair Oliver &Scott as solicitors - as I have had MANY letters from them and their own letter heads do NOT refer to themselves as such. I suspect they are the inhouse DCA for HBOS - same initials (BOS) and their office is in Rosyth a few miles from HBOS Visa Head office in Dunfermline. Sainsbury's finances are actually through HBOS. Ensure you keep these letters safe as they are probably misrepresenting Blair Orrible etc. - possibly contravening OFT debt collection guidelines.

2. I would ask them if the unsealed and clearly visible purpose or contents of envelopes from Albion contravene the Data Protection Act.

BD

If it's any consolation I was in the same position as Elsa and I'm still here too. CCA route is a good way to start.If they don't hold a valid CCA they have to stop enforcing the debt until such time as they either find it or reconstitute one.

Also to hopefully make you feel better, I was one of the ones who buried my head in the sand for three years pretending the debts weren't there. Yesterday afternoon I opened three boxes full of letters - every single one from a debt collector. Not one of them has taken the action they threatened and we're now 5 years + down the road.

So ... Albion/Sainsburys cashed the cheque I sent (yet again) despite me including 'encashment of which will be taken as acceptance of my offer' and re-enforcing the statement with 'For the avoidance of doubt the enclosed cheque number xxxxxx should only be banked if you are accepting my proposal and in all other circumstances it should be returned to me without being banked. Once the cheque has been cashed I will set up a standing order from my account to be paid on 21st of each month'.

Today I received a letter from Albion that clearly had 'COLLECTIONS LTD' showing through the window of the envelope (I recall seeing Wilchil saying the same had happened to her further back in this thread Im sure but I can't find it or any comments made about it?)

And of course the letter says thanks for your correspondance we are not able to consider the request until we have received full I & E and full list of creditors and balances owed.

Both of these have made me furious obviously but I'm not sure what to do about it?

Things I do intend are to write to Albion with the telephone harrassment letter, they can't get through my truecall anymore but they are ringing my mobile several times a day, I spoke to them once, refused to answer security questions and told them I would deal with them in writing only, to which they replied the calls wont stop until we speak to you about it at which point I hung up.

Would you send the I&E? I've only given in once so far and sent I&E and 3 other of my creditors have accepted my offer of payment without it (and frozen interest and charges) it p's me off royally that some will and others are nasty horrible **** and want your inside leg measurement and the weight of your cat before they will consider it!!! And don't even get me started on Mercers......

Any advice would be great guys thanks x

So ... Albion/Sainsburys cashed the cheque I sent (yet again) despite me including 'encashment of which will be taken as acceptance of my offer' and re-enforcing the statement with 'For the avoidance of doubt the enclosed cheque number xxxxxx should only be banked if you are accepting my proposal and in all other circumstances it should be returned to me without being banked. Once the cheque has been cashed I will set up a standing order from my account to be paid on 21st of each month'.

Today I received a letter from Albion that clearly had 'COLLECTIONS LTD' showing through the window of the envelope (I recall seeing Wilchil saying the same had happened to her further back in this thread Im sure but I can't find it or any comments made about it?)

And of course the letter says thanks for your correspondance we are not able to consider the request until we have received full I & E and full list of creditors and balances owed.

Both of these have made me furious obviously but I'm not sure what to do about it?

Things I do intend are to write to Albion with the telephone harrassment letter, they can't get through my truecall anymore but they are ringing my mobile several times a day, I spoke to them once, refused to answer security questions and told them I would deal with them in writing only, to which they replied the calls wont stop until we speak to you about it at which point I hung up.

Would you send the I&E? I've only given in once so far and sent I&E and 3 other of my creditors have accepted my offer of payment without it (and frozen interest and charges) it p's me off royally that some will and others are nasty horrible **** and want your inside leg measurement and the weight of your cat before they will consider it!!! And don't even get me started on Mercers......

Any advice would be great guys thanks x

Hi Neeta,

Sainsbury's cashed all my cheques too, despite putting the same paras. in my letters. They then wrote recently to explain that cheques are cashed separately to letters being dealt with so it does not mean they have accepted anything! Bless 'em!

Yes, I've had two letters from Albion with Collections showing clearly in the envelope window for all to see. I'm in the process of putting together a letter to complain with copy to Sainsburys also.

These requests for other creditors and all the details they want make me mad too! How dare they presume they are entitled to this stuff?!

Neeta, change your phone numbers, love. O2 changed my husband's mobile no. free of charge with immediate effect - just make sure you save your contacts to phone so you can text everyone with new no. BT charged us £30 but it was well worth it for the peace in our house now. We also immediately went ex directory.

I have now sent I&Es to everyone as they just weren't accepting without, but we did wait until hubbie was out of work.

The day we were going to send the letter of complaint to Sainsos above, we received a letter saying they accept our £1 a month for three months, so will leave it for now, but still going to complain about Albion and how they dealt with the matter.

Still waiting to hear from the others.

Neeta,

BD said re. Collections being visible in envelope window from Albion:

"2. I would ask them if the unsealed and clearly visible purpose or contents of envelopes from Albion contravene the Data Protection Act."