• Tweets

• Hello CAG Team, I'm adding the contents of the claim to this thread, but wanted to open the thread with an urgent question: Do I have to supply a WS for a claim with a court date that states " at the hearing the court will consider allocation and, time permitting, give an early neutral evaluation of the case" ? letter is an N24 General Form of Judgement or Order, if so, then I've messed up again. Court date 25 May 2024 The letter from court does not state (like the other claims I have) that I must provide WS within 28 days.. BUT I have recently received a WS from Link for it! making me think I do need to!??
    • Massive issues from Scottish Power I wonder if someone could advise next steps. Tennant moved out I changed the electric into my name I was out the country at the time so I hadn't been to the flat. During sign up process they tried to hijack my gas supply as well which I made it clear I didn't want duel fuel from them but they still went ahead with it. Phoned them up again. a few days later telling them to make sure they stopped it but they said too late ? had to get my current supplier to cancel it. Paid £50 online to ensure there was money covering standing charges etc eventually got to the flat no power. Phoned Scottish Power 40 minutes to get through they state I have a pay as you go meter and that they had set me up on a credit account so they need to send an engineer out which they will pass my details onto. Phone called from engineer asking questions , found out the float is vacant so not an emergency so I have to speak to Scottish Power again. Spoke with the original person from Scottish Power who admitted a mistake (I had told her it was vacant) and now states that it will take 4 weeks to get an appointment but if I want to raise a complaint they will contact me in 48 hours and it will be looked at quicker. Raised a complaint , complaints emailed me within 24 hours to say it will take 7 days till he speaks with me. All I want is power in the property would I be better switching over to EON who supply the gas surely they could sort it out quicker? One thing is for sure I will never bother with Scottish Power ever again.    
    • Hi. Please don't follow McD's advice to contact Met to appeal. They won't listen and you could end up giving them helpful information. HB
    • The UK-based mining giant Anglo American says it has received a takeover proposal from Australia's BHP.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Could i be entitled to priority housing?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5061 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you for your reply, My child is not that young but not as old as 13, Also i would not involve Social Services as i don't like people meddling in my life, I like my privacy and i don't really see why they would need to be involved.

I do receive housing benefit & council tax benefit but as above the housing benefit leaves a shortfall of almost £120 per month which i have to make up out of my benefits and i was receiving some help towards that but now i am receiving very little and i know within the next month or two i am going to start getting into rent arrears which i don't want to happen but i can't do anything about it.

Sorry but your story is starting to contridict itself. You are now saying you child IS young and attends nursery which is different to the post above.

As I mentioned in my previous post, you should make an appointment to see the lone parent advisor at your local Job Seekers Plus. they will lokk at your case and advice you what you can do about your rent.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my scales at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice usefull.

Sorry but your story is starting to contridict itself. You are now saying you child IS young and attends nursery which is different to the post above.

As I mentioned in my previous post, you should make an appointment to see the lone parent advisor at your local Job Seekers Plus. they will lokk at your case and advice you what you can do about your rent.

I'm quite a private person i don't like to give out too much info that's all, Yes my child attends nursery.

I have already seen a lone parent advisor and to be honest it was a total waste of time, There is NOTHING i can do about my rent.

Local Housing Allowance rates for my property are £440 and that's what i receive every month in Housing Benefit, There is a shortfall of £110 per month which i can no longer afford.

Local Housing Allowance goes by the rate it was during the month i moved in which was £440, It stays at this rate for a year and is then reviewed, I know Local Housing Allowance rates change every month but the Housing Benefit stays at the same amount as it was when you moved in even if the Local Housing Allowance have increased in recent months, When there is a review after 12 months if the Local Housing Allowance rates at that time are higher then i would be awarded more in Housing Benefit.

I have to attach some blame to the Discretionary Housing Payment Office, Because for around 5-6 months they were paying me £17.50 per week towards my rent and suddenly they dropped this to £5.00 per week and they say i'm not suffering hardship? Sorry but i am suffering hardship, I am still considering involving my MP and the Local Government Ombudsman to ask the Discretionary Housing Payments Office why my payments were reduced by £12.50 per week, That's £50 per month i lost towards my rent because they decided to reduce the amount from £17.50 per week to £5.00 per week.

to be honest CM, I don't see asthma as a disability or a problem. 5.4million other people suffer. I've known many people do amazing things whilst suffering, including being very decent sportsmen and women. That is excluding those that make do with sever disabilities, and our armed forces that lose limbs but carry on, and fight to be allowed back to the front, to serve us.

Hundreds of thousands of single parents work. They find a way. Your job is to do the same. Move or don't move, get a job or don't, but I expect that the outcome will be fairly certain if the status quo is preserved.

Where is the CSA in all this? Where is the other parent?

I think you are focusing on what you can't do, and what your problems might be, and not looking at what you can do or what you could do, or what you could try.

I don't want to sound harsh, but perhaps it is time to be a tad more positive and take control of your own life, rather than expecting others to pay for it. It doesn't sound to me as if you have real problems, you have challenges, like the rest of us. Rise to them. Meet them. Defeat them. Meet life head on, demand that it delivers you what you need. Take it. Don't wait for someone to give it to you.

You can call the deposit protection schemes and they will tell you if your deposit is registered.

to be honest CM, I don't see asthma as a disability or a problem. 5.4million other people suffer. I've known many people do amazing things whilst suffering, including being very decent sportsmen and women. That is excluding those that make do with sever disabilities, and our armed forces that lose limbs but carry on, and fight to be allowed back to the front, to serve us.

Hundreds of thousands of single parents work. They find a way. Your job is to do the same. Move or don't move, get a job or don't, but I expect that the outcome will be fairly certain if the status quo is preserved.

Where is the CSA in all this? Where is the other parent?

I think you are focusing on what you can't do, and what your problems might be, and not looking at what you can do or what you could do, or what you could try.

I don't want to sound harsh, but perhaps it is time to be a tad more positive and take control of your own life, rather than expecting others to pay for it. It doesn't sound to me as if you have real problems, you have challenges, like the rest of us. Rise to them. Meet them. Defeat them. Meet life head on, demand that it delivers you what you need. Take it. Don't wait for someone to give it to you.

You can call the deposit protection schemes and they will tell you if your deposit is registered.

I suffer from quite severe asthma just walking around and going up stairs makes me out of breath and wheeze, Oh and sorry but i suffer from a lot of other medical problems on top of this, Anxiety Disorder & Panic Attacks just for starters.

Let me get this straight you think that i don't have real problems? So having Chronic Fatigue day in day out constantly almost 24/7 is not a real problem? I find it hard to even drag myself out of bed because of it and i mean literally drag myself out of bed because every day when i wake up it feels like i have just got into bed and not had any sleep at all, Thing is some people don't understand and say oh you look alright on the outside so you must be ok on the inside, That's shallow.

Also you don't think short-term memory problems isn't a real problem? I struggle to recall things, Basically i have several or more than several health problems so sorry but i found your post to be offensive.

As for the other parent they don't work due to having children to bring up, and a couple of them have disabilities so CSA is not an issue here.

At the end of the day i wouldn't even consider getting a job basically because i would be wasting my time as well as theirs, You think an employer would want someone working for them who gets out of breath a lot, has no energy and won't be able to move around much or do anything physical and has short term memory lapses? Not to mention the rest, It wouldn't last 5 minutes.

Edited by thecookiemonster

I suffer from quite severe asthma just walking around and going up stairs makes me out of breath and wheeze, Oh and sorry but i suffer from a lot of other medical problems on top of this, Anxiety Disorder & Panic Attacks just for starters.

Let me get this straight you think that i don't have real problems? So having Chronic Fatigue day in day out constantly almost 24/7 is not a real problem? I find it hard to even drag myself out of bed because of it, Thing is some people don't understand and say oh you look alright on the outside so you must be ok on the inside, That's shallow.

Also you don't think short-term memory problems isn't a real problem? I struggle to recall things, Basically i have several or more than several health problems so sorry but i found your post to be offensive.

As for the other parent they don't work due to having children to bring up, and a couple of them have disabilities so CSA is not an issue here.

People don't not work because they have children to bring up. I myself am a single parent; my eldest was 7 when I was granted custody of him and I worked full time. I had to on occsions use a child minder. He is now 16 and I also now have custody of my youngest who is 6.

With all you medical problems, I wonder whether you need help in looking after your child so I think you really do need to explore the services which are out there. Maybe the CAB could give you some pointers.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my scales at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice usefull.

People don't not work because they have children to bring up. I myself am a single parent; my eldest was 7 when I was granted custody of him and I worked full time. I had to on occsions use a child minder. He is now 16 and I also now have custody of my youngest who is 6.

With all you medical problems, I wonder whether you need help in looking after your child so I think you really do need to explore the services which are out there. Maybe the CAB could give you some pointers.

You missed the point, The other parent has kids with disabilities that is why they don't work as they have to go to the hospital on a regular basis as well as other things.

With regards to my medical problems i wouldn't say i need any help in looking after my child, I have my stepchildren here sometimes and they help out, I wouldn't have my child living with me if i couldn't look after them.

Well I don't know what else I can advise apart from what I have already given you. You seem to give some reason why you can't/won't follow some obvious avenues to go down.

Please Note

Remember when you see the Dr to specifically mention the issues you are having with the stairs. You say you are a private person but you are really going to have to give a lot of info on the problems you have been having, the affects your current diagnosed illnesses have and also get any symptoms that have not been diagnosed investigated.

Some Councils run deposit schemes. So ask your if they do this or if they know where you can get this sort of help.

I think part of the problem is that every time someone suggests anything you come straight back with 'I cant' or 'I wont'. Every solution has had a negative response from you. At the end of the day we all have problems and have to be determined to overcome them.

As a previous poster said, your posts are quite contradictory. You say in one that your child is at school and in another that your child is at nursery? You also posted tht the childs mother has the child 2-3 days a week? If your child is in nursery then thats different from them attending a school where 'brothers and sisters go'. Would it not be possible to get somewhere nearer to save yourself the long journeys.

As for the tiredness, I am constantly tired. The doctors cant find any reason and I have had numerous tests done. I could happily stay in bed all day and just getting up is a major effort. I am probably also many years older than you (going off the age of your child) and at a time of life when I should be retiring and taking it easy I am in a position where I have to go out every day at 6am and do a job in a warehouse (which is far too physical for me) because I lost my house last year and am also in rented accomodation which is expensive.

Life is what you make it but without wishing to appear rude, you do seem to have a very negative approach to things.

You dont want to approach social services, - I dont like people meddling!You wont approach the landlord.-ITs not going to happen!

You have 'no confidence in the doctor'

You wont apply for disalility because you were turned down before.

All your posts read very negative and every reply is met with 'no point' 'I cant' 'It wont happen' etc. Have you considered that you amy also be suffering form depression and this may be giving you the bleak outlook.

Regardless of how private a person you are, you are going to have to open up to someone (you obviously are crying out fro help or you wouldnt be posting on here). No solution will be found if you dont get agencies involved. But first and foremost for the sake of your child you need to be more determined. There will be some type of work you can do. Its very easy to make excuses for reasons why you cant do things when really its only you thats holding yourself back.

You came on to ask for help so take heed of what some of the earlier posters have advised and things will slowly improve.

I must admit, the OP has failed to persuade me why I should support her, through my taxes, which is what she is asking.

If things are that bad and she can do no work at all because of her conditions, not even stuffing envelopes or other such low intensity work. I question that if she can't do this, is she capable of looking after her children?

If she is, then perhaps some sort of child care/child minding might be an option?

Either way, it is time to focus on what she can do, and what is possible, rather than dwelling in negativity.

I think part of the problem is that every time someone suggests anything you come straight back with 'I cant' or 'I wont'. Every solution has had a negative response from you. At the end of the day we all have problems and have to be determined to overcome them.

As a previous poster said, your posts are quite contradictory. You say in one that your child is at school and in another that your child is at nursery? You also posted tht the childs mother has the child 2-3 days a week? If your child is in nursery then thats different from them attending a school where 'brothers and sisters go'. Would it not be possible to get somewhere nearer to save yourself the long journeys.

As for the tiredness, I am constantly tired. The doctors cant find any reason and I have had numerous tests done. I could happily stay in bed all day and just getting up is a major effort. I am probably also many years older than you (going off the age of your child) and at a time of life when I should be retiring and taking it easy I am in a position where I have to go out every day at 6am and do a job in a warehouse (which is far too physical for me) because I lost my house last year and am also in rented accomodation which is expensive.

Life is what you make it but without wishing to appear rude, you do seem to have a very negative approach to things.

You dont want to approach social services, - I dont like people meddling!You wont approach the landlord.-ITs not going to happen!

You have 'no confidence in the doctor'

You wont apply for disalility because you were turned down before.

All your posts read very negative and every reply is met with 'no point' 'I cant' 'It wont happen' etc. Have you considered that you amy also be suffering form depression and this may be giving you the bleak outlook.

Regardless of how private a person you are, you are going to have to open up to someone (you obviously are crying out fro help or you wouldnt be posting on here). No solution will be found if you dont get agencies involved. But first and foremost for the sake of your child you need to be more determined. There will be some type of work you can do. Its very easy to make excuses for reasons why you cant do things when really its only you thats holding yourself back.

You came on to ask for help so take heed of what some of the earlier posters have advised and things will slowly improve.

Firstly school/nursery not much difference is there? Nothing wrong with my posts just because i put school on one post and nursery on another.

Also no i don't suffer from depression i would know if i was depressed plus it has been confirmed by a doctor that i don't suffer from depression.

I'm not making any excuses, You mention your 'tiredness' and this is the problem just as i have read on the internet, People who have chronic fatigue suffer much more than someone who is just tired all the time, People with chronic fatigue experience a far worse type of tiredness, Some people with chronic fatigue are bedridden or even in a wheelchair, Luckily my fatigue isn't quite as bad as that but it's not too far off, Put it this way i feel drained and exhausted just walking for 5-10 minutes to my local shops it's a struggle and you really think i would be able to work?

I have already approached my landlord, I have done everything possible so i'm negative for a reason and that reason is i'm not getting any help from anyone regarding my rent shortfall despite trying hard by sending letters and emails, My landlord will not reduce the rent, What else do you want me to do?

If i find out that i have a medical condition then i will apply for disability benefits again but i know what it's like you only have to read about people on here getting refused disability benefits because these medicals you have are a loads of rubbish, I've read hundreds of stories of people with mental health problems and chronic fatigue etc and just because they look ok on the outside their claim is refused.

As for my child from September they will be attending the same school as their brothers and sisters go, My child has been awarded a place why would i want to unsettle them by moving them, Plus me and my child's mum made agreements and also she wouldn't want my child going to a different school either and that's right because i would not take my child away from all the friends my child has made.

Regarding having no confidence in my GP, I'm sure others would feel the same when they keep wasting time going to see a GP time and time again and only basic tests are done and no opinions or explanations are given.

I must admit, the OP has failed to persuade me why I should support her, through my taxes, which is what she is asking.

If things are that bad and she can do no work at all because of her conditions, not even stuffing envelopes or other such low intensity work. I question that if she can't do this, is she capable of looking after her children?

If she is, then perhaps some sort of child care/child minding might be an option?

Either way, it is time to focus on what she can do, and what is possible, rather than dwelling in negativity.

All you have done on here is to slag off everything and offered very little else, Some posts have been helpful but your are not.

Firstly school/nursery not much difference is there? Nothing wrong with my posts just because i put school on one post and nursery on another.

But the point I was making was that 'if' your child is only in nursery then your reason for travelling for an hour each way dosnt wash. You stated that your child went to that 'school' because they had brothers/sisters there. If your child is only in nursery then it shouldnt be too hard to move them closer.

Also no i don't suffer from depression i would know if i was depressed plus it has been confirmed by a doctor that i don't suffer from depression.

But you said that you had not seen a doctor for 12 months????

I'm not making any excuses, You mention your 'tiredness' and this is the problem just as i have read on the internet, People who have chronic fatigue suffer much more than someone who is just tired all the time, People with chronic fatigue experience a far worse type of tiredness, Some people with chronic fatigue are bedridden or even in a wheelchair, Luckily my fatigue isn't quite as bad as that but it's not too far off, Put it this way i feel drained and exhausted just walking for 5-10 minutes to my local shops it's a struggle and you really think i would be able to work?

Yes, Im breathless when I go upstairs. I have severe allergies for which I use an inhaler and a nasal spray. I cant walk far without needing to sit down, I never see a TV programme because I fall asleep practically every time I sit down. I have a steel plate in my leg which affects my walking and arthritis in both hips. On my days off at the weekend we dont have a night out because I cant make the effort to get ready. Housework completely knackers me. BUT, I wont be beaten by it, and Im certainly NOT disabled. To say I was would be an insult to those who really are. When I get home from work I lie on the couch for an hour and I go to bed really early. Its not the life I would have chosen but Im surviving.

I know you wont like me for saying this but you are self diagnosing. Just describing yourself as 'disabled' dosnt mean you are. Being tired and having asthma dosnt constitute disabled. Have some blood tests, you may be aneamic or havr thyroid trouble, only your doctor can tell you. However if you go to the doctors and approach him in the way you have responded to some of the posters on here you will get nowhere. You seem to just dismiss other peoples views and suggestions.

I have already approached my landlord, I have done everything possible so i'm negative for a reason and that reason is i'm not getting any help from anyone regarding my rent shortfall despite trying hard by sending letters and emails, My landlord will not reduce the rent, What else do you want me to do?

Take some of the advice you came on here to get instead of telling people they are unhelpful because its not what you want to hear.

If i find out that i have a medical condition then i will apply for disability benefits again but i know what it's like you only have to read about people on here getting refused disability benefits because these medicals you have are loads of rubbish, (thats what I mean, you have a blinkered view and have already made your mind up to be defeated. Last time you clearly didnt meet the criteria, next time, if you are as bad as you say, you may do) I've read hundreds of stories of people with mental health problems and chronic fatigue etc and just because they look ok on the outside their claim is refused.

As for my child from September they will be attending the same school as their brothers and sisters go, My child has been awarded a place why would i want to unsettle them by moving them,( They havnt started yet, so how would moving unsettle them?) Plus me and my child's mum made agreements and also she wouldn't want my child going to a different school either and that's right because i would not take my child away from all the friends my child has made. (Thats something you have to decide, if its clear to the other parent that you are struggling so much then surely they would understand and know that if you are less stressed and better off financially then thats better in the long run for the child and you will both be happier)

Regarding having no confidence in my GP, I'm sure others would feel the same when they keep wasting time going to see a GP time and time again and only basic tests are done and no opinions or explanations are given.

Exactly, you would change your doctor. However if I was as convinced as you are that you are really ill, I dont think I would wait 12 months to see another one. I also get the impression that oif a doctor didnt agree with your diagnosis you would probably tell him he was wrong. (If the doctor tells you that you dont have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, will you accept that?)

Only you can turn your situation around and you need to do that for your child. But it wont happen while you have such a huge chip on your shoulder.

Edited by 1stlifeline
spelling

But the point I was making was that 'if' your child is only in nursery then your reason for travelling for an hour each way dosnt wash. You stated that your child went to that 'school' because they had brothers/sisters there. If your child is only in nursery then it shouldnt be too hard to move them closer.

That wasn't the only reason my child went to that nursery, With my child's mum living very close to the nursery it's ideal for her plus they had just started nursery when we separated and i moved into a flat.

But you said that you had not seen a doctor for 12 months????

That's right i haven't, I'm seeing one next week and i'll even ask them if they think i am depressed, I know the symptoms and signs of depression as it has been discussed with a GP before and was agreed that i was not suffering from it.

Yes, Im breathless when I go upstairs. I have severe allergies for which I use an inhaler and a nasal spray. I cant walk far without needing to sit down, I never see a TV programme because I fall asleep practically every time I sit down. I have a steel plate in my leg which affects my walking and arthritis in both hips. On my days off at the weekend we dont have a night out because I cant make the effort to get ready. Housework completely knackers me. BUT, I wont be beaten by it, and Im certainly NOT disabled. To say I was would be an insult to those who really are. When I get home from work I lie on the couch for an hour and I go to bed really early. Its not the life I would have chosen but Im surviving.

I know you wont like me for saying this but you are self diagnosing. Just describing yourself as 'disabled' dosnt mean you are. Being tired and having asthma dosnt constitute disabled. Have some blood tests, you may be aneamic or havr thyroid trouble, only your doctor can tell you. However if you go to the doctors and approach him in the way you have responded to some of the posters on here you will get nowhere. You seem to just dismiss other peoples views and suggestions.

Being constantly knackered is being disabled, If it isn't then why do people get incapacity benefit and disability living allowance for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome? I'm not self diagnosing but i have done a lot of research and asked for help and advice from people who suffer from it and i have emailed support groups too for advice

Also i don't just have Asthma, I have moderate-severe Asthma, Believe me it's almost killed me several times, I have been in hospital a lot of times and been close to death at least 3 times and i have been kept in several times, It's not quite as bad as it was a few years back but it still causes me problems hence me having 4 different inhalers which i have to take several times a day and i still get out of breath just by walking, I also know 2 people who receive disability allowance for Asthma alone, I suffer from Asthma, Anxiety Disorder, Panic Attacks plus possibly something like Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and something causing my short-term memory problems, I am on medication for Panic Attacks as well as medication for my Asthma.

Take some of the advice you came on here to get instead of telling people they are unhelpful because its not what you want to hear.

I've taken some of the advice from helpful posters, Your posts have not been helpful in the slightest, They come across as arrogant and as someone who clearly does not understand my particular situation, If you knew me and how i live day in day out then you would be more understanding i'm sure.

(Thats something you have to decide, if its clear to the other parent that you are struggling so much then surely they would understand and know that if you are less stressed and better off financially then thats better in the long run for the child and you will both be happier)

We made an agreement, I won't break that and i won't move my child now that they have been attending nursery for 9 months and made lots of friends who will be joining my child in primary school later this year.

Exactly, you would change your doctor. However if I was as convinced as you are that you are really ill, I dont think I would wait 12 months to see another one. I also get the impression that oif a doctor didnt agree with your diagnosis you would probably tell him he was wrong. (If the doctor tells you that you dont have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, will you accept that?)

I have changed my doctor, I have just registered at a new surgery so i will be seeing someone new, Hopefully they will investigate my problems a bit more and give me a proper opinion and diagnosis.

If the doctor told me i did not have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome then yes i would happily accept that or i would get a 2nd opinion from another doctor to make absolutely sure which is only being sensible as doctors can get it wrong, However if i did not have that then i would want to know what is wrong with me as if it is not that then it is something else, I suffer from short-term memory problems too which is quite a scary thing especially when you struggle to recall something or can't remember what you were doing or talking about just now, I get memory lapses a lot every day and it's something else that needs to be sorted out and i need the doctor to give me a reason why i am suffering with this problem too.

I have waited so long because as i said when you see a GP and they do blood tests and say nothing is wrong and send you on your way it's more than frustrating especially when no other investigation is done and they just leave it at that with no opinion and no diagnosis or explanation but this time i'm going to keep pushing hard until i get to find out what the problem is, I have every right to know what is causing my problems.

Only you can turn your situation around and you need to do that for your child. But it wont happen while you have such a huge chip on your shoulder.

I have no chip on my shoulder at all, People who know me in real life know that, You sound like you have one on your shoulder, Your very quick to judge other people you do not know.

All you have done on here is to slag off everything and offered very little else, Some posts have been helpful but your are not.

Sorry you feel that way. I think it is fair to say that I have criticised you, but honestly, you reap what you sow and you don't seem to be sowing anything. You say I have slagged off everything, I would suggest that you are being too negative. Many have worse problems but don't seem to suffer. I think your problem is that you are unwilling to accept your situation and act to change it, rather you want someone to do it for you.

That ain't gonna happen. Deal with it.

Don't criticise the advice if you don't like it.

You also say that if we knew you and your problems in real life we wouldn't take the view we have. Perhaps those that you have seen have viewed you in the same way we have, and have formed views accordingly. Perhaps you need to consider this.

Edited by Kraken1

Im sorry that you are not able to see your situation from any side but your own. Most of the time on here you get really good advice and also constructive comments which help you look at things from a different angle. However you need to be open to suggestion and be willing to hear opinions (even if you dont like them!)

From the replies you have posted (and again you may not like this but I will say it anyway!!!!) you do come across as someone who always lays the blame for your circumstances with others. According to your posts you have no time for 'landlords', social services', 'doctors', 'housing officers' or 'lone parent advisors'.

In your replies to other posters you make the following comments-

I like my privacy and i don't really see why they would need to be involved.

Already tried that several times it isn't going to happen.

Think your wrong there actually

You make it sound so easy and i wish it was that easy, But it's not possible

There is NOTHING i can do about my rent.

Also if you read the whole thread you will see that i already have health problems

Let me get this straight you think that i don't have real problems

At the end of the day i wouldn't even consider getting a job basically because i would be wasting my time as well as theirsWhat else do you want me to do?

Being constantly knackered is being disabled

I've taken some of the advice from helpful posters, Your posts have not been helpful in the slightest.

I cant help but wonder if you approach people face to face with the same negativity and animosity. It will make it so much harder to get real help if this is the case.

Give peole a chance to help you and things will get better but you also need to put in the effort yourself instead of approaching every challenge with an 'Its not going to happen attitude'

Kraken1 do you really need to be so judgmental and personal. This OP appears really desperate to me and to make judgments on their character- from a few postings- really isn't in the spirit of this site- or so I believed. I understand your frustration because you felt your advice was not always taken on board but I think the OP was responding with candor and honesty. And no wonder they are coming across as negative-I would in his position! It is a scandal in the 21st century that people with children cannot get decent affordable social housing. This is not the fault of the poster this is the fault of government policy over the years to limit the building of decent housing for people who need/want it. I'm sorry cookiemonster that I can't offer practical assistance to you as it is not something I know about. But someone mentioned Shelter- they are a good organisation and I'm sure will do what they can to help. Good luck.

I just wish that as another panic attack and anxiety person along with epilepsy and asthma, I could manage to leave the house on my own for just once. I think the fact you can do it at least on school days and come back on your own and then repeat it for the return journey, that maybe you are playing yourself down. I have been assessed by mental hospital dept and think if it is such a problem for you, then you could do the same. They have positive help groups etc... and can liase with your doctor once assessed. 'social services I learnt is not something to fear, they themselves along with dwp attended my house some time a go as some one concened had obvioulsy reported I couldnt even open the door to strangers let alone on good days friends.

They found me in need of extra help and informed dla and income support to send me relevant forms and encouraged me to apply. I got my help due to them. social service and dwp will want to help if it is genuinely needed adn will not judge you negatively unless it is warranted, I learnt that as nearly lost my kids due to my illnesses and they judged me as able to improve as a mum with the help. I feel if I had pushed them away I may have been judged differently and rightly so.

Let people help, if you need it. If you feel you do not need such help, then try and be more positive and maybe things might not be as bad as you think. xx Try to praise yourself for what you do do, think you could be under less stress if move nearer to school or change schools for the child. Seriously kids are very understanding, I know mine put up with me and I love them, but sometimes if you keep finding barriers up when suggestions appear then think maybe they have a point.

Caggers here dont tend to judge too much, but sometimes we all need a kick up the bum, I do occassionally and funny enough more gets done whatever the issue xxx Best wishes xx

Edited by loopinlouie

I'm afraid that the OP is putting all their eggs in one basket over this issue and really just looking at social housing and no other options.

I work in social housing but not in the homeless/lettings side. I know that it is a common occurance for people to turn up thinking the Council will say they can be rehoused in social housing and that they will get a suitable property quickly and are extremely surprised when they are turned down or accepted but told they will have to be housed in some sort of temporary accommodation for quite awhile before getting permanent accommodation.

The worst thing you can do is not think about what you can do for somewhere to stay if the Council find that you are not entitled to social housing.

So far none of the reasons the OP has stated for being housed sound to me like a sure fire ticket to social housing. Medical reasons - maybe but it depends on what the doctor says and what the medical assessment officer finds as this does not always agree with what the applicant says. Needing to be near family/school - not a reason to be housed in social housing. Not able to afford rent - maybe but if the rent is deemed to be more expensive than is usual in that area or that the OP can get a more affordable rental in another nearby area (especially if they say they need to move to another area). Also if they are evicted due to non-payment of rent they could be found to be intentionally homeless.