Got compensation and had default removed after issuing CC claim

ticson

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4359 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My case is quite complicated.Its to do with i.d theft,invalid dn and missold ppi.Basically when i found out abt the card having been used by someone else without me knowledge the bank did not want to know because i did not find out for several months.The bank sold it on to EC,I made a complaint to the FOS,but they said i should make payments to EC or the bank as it will be easier(for who i dont know), which i thought was complete b.s, so basically I made a claim using N1 form with my P.o.C almost like a WS without any case laws, enphasising the fact that there are several penalty charges,the date of default entry being wrong due to breaches to the ICO guidelines,and also the new lending code, Payment Services Regulation which came into play last year.I also added that the default notice was issued after the default entries by stating the date of the dn and when i received it.It a silent trick a mate of my advices me to use since that will prevent them from challenging the claim since they know they can't forge any dn.EC replied by offering a a 40% reduction which I rejected after I made the claim.They did not acknowledge the claim in time so I applied for judgement. They called me later ask for a copy of the dn so that they can get a set aside which i thought was pathetic.According to them if i did not they will return the account back to the bank or sell it on the case will restart again with another company which i told them to try.

They later said since the bank dont have the original dn they are making a commercial decision not to defend or set aside claim.hooray

Anyway, I ignored them and applied for a WoE to push them to go for a setaside or pay me.Bearing in mind, the judgement did not mention the removal of the default entry at all I was very worried, they were going to waste my time as i know, they have pulled the same trick off with a mate of mine by saying that they did not receive the claim, and also the wrong account number stated so they could not recognise the account.

Anyway today I called the baillifs and they said EC said they have posted a check for £1.6k compensation and so i checked my credit file and there was no trace of it at all.so another success for everyone.Round one.next round will be against the bank because they have made my life a living hell this past year.

Edited by ticson