TalkTalk wanting money... Not been a customer for months.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4961 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi!

I'm writing this on behalf of my work collegue.

Her and her partner USED to be TalkTalk (Tiscali BB) customers, and moved to AOL May 2008...

Happily using AOL since, they've now recieved a DC letter from SRJ Recoveries..

She called SRJ, to ask what it was about. They claimed she owed Tiscali money..

She then phoned Tiscali, and asked why. They said, that she owes BB rental since May 2008 at £360... She told them that she cancelled in May 2008 and have been a happy AOL customer since, and they said "PROVE IT"!

Any advice please?!?!

Well, just explain in a letter what you've explained here.

Provide as much detail as you can about the cancellation e.g. the date and time you got the mac code and that it was used to migrate.

Explain you won't be paying the sum demanded as you dispute that you owe it, in your opinion the service was cancelled from dd/mm/yyyy and all due sums have been paid.

Write the DCA to explain that you dispute the alleged debt and you are pursuing the matter with the original claimant, and will not enter into any correspondence nor do you expect to receive anything further from them (template letter on here somewhere)

Send both recorded delivery.

Do not phone in relation to this or discuss the matter verbally with the company, do it all in writing and keep a copy.

Get your friend to check their credit file aswell!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 2 weeks later...

I have a friend who was with Tiscali for broadband and their tel line was BT.

Talktalk contacted them and said they were taking over the service and offered my friend a tel line and broadband but my friend only wanted broadband and not the tel service. They said they had to take both so my friend moved to Demon for internet.

Then Talktalk started taking money from their account not sure if it was DD or continuous credit card payment and hassling them even though my friend wrote to them telling them they don't have any service fromTalktalk,

they were with Tiscali but cancelled and went with Demon for their internet.

Eventually they got the money back.

• 2 months later...