Help applying to have Next CCJ Set Aside

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4958 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everybody,

I currently have a CCJ in respect of money owed to Next Directory, when I received the court summons through I replied with a full admission to the debt with an offer of repayment. Shortly after this I received a copy of the judgement which ordered me to pay the repayments that I had offered.

The reason I am on here is that I was not aware of unenforceablity at the time. Since finding out about this I have been trying to get a copy of my CCA from Next, which after a great deal of hassle I have received today.

As far as I can see the CCA is unenforceable as it does not contain my right to cancel. Also point 13 of the agreement doesn't make any sense to me and I think I would possibly right in saying that this is not easily legible, which would also make it unenforceable?

I have attached a copy of the agreement for you to see to check if I am right..

Flickr Photo Download: Next Credit Agreement Part 1

Flickr Photo Download: Next Credit Agreement Part 2

I would like to try to have the judgement set aside to give me an opportunity to defend the claim but am unsure if I would be able to do this or what I need to do.

I read somewhere that the first step I should take is to contact the claimant's solicitors to see if they would agree to have the judgement set aside. If they do not agree to it then I belive I can apply to the court? Is this correct?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Matty

• 3 months later...