Contract Cancellation Rights - BT

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3990 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have just found out about this rolling contract thing on BT. We have found out as my son has just split from him girlfriend and moved back into our house, so couldnt move his phoneline.

Now i am sure with any contract there is a cooling off period, so therefore when they auto renew there should still be the cooling off period.

They have said they sent a letter but nothing was recieved, and it was renewed on the 25th May this year (15 days ago). Now i am not bothered if there is a 14 day notice period as he did originally ring them yesterday to cancel it and was told someone would ring him back within 5 working days to deal with it. But they still said he was tied into a 12 month contract and that the phone line would remain active until such time as it was all paid.

So any advice here would be most gratefully recieved!

BT are saying he had the rolling contract which auto-renews every 12 months for another 12 months.

If that's the case, he's contracted until 25/05/2011. He can still cancel, but will have to pay termination charges for ending the contract early.

Whether or not the letter arrived isn't relevant, the fact he was and is in a contract, is.

The cooling off period does not apply in this case because the decision to auto renew the contract - the thing you could "cool off" from, as it were, was a year ago.

No, it's the same contract. You should have been given a "window" in which to cancel, and this should have been sent out in a letter. If he didn't recieve this letter then by all meens he should complain.

Send a letter to :-

Customer Service Manager

BT Customer Correspondence Centre

Providence Row

Durham

DH98 1BT

However, I'm sure they'll have the letter they sent on file.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar