Help on stopping a Charging Order

Iannun
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5067 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am sorry if I have posted this on the wrong thread.

I am looking for some help. I got a CCJ last September for a little over £700. I made no offer to pay, but have received a form N24 (general form of judgement).The form says this

It is ordered that

The application is adjourned to 16th June 2010 at XXX at XXXXXXX county court. The interim order to continue until further order. The claimants are to serve the Information Commissioner`s Office and notice of hearing upon and persons they know of as creditors and the persona named in paragraph 6 of the application.

Now here is my problem. I have not made any offer of payments and I know that is wrong. I have only had this one sheet of information and I received it three weeks ago. I have not had any other information from them, my wife who owns half the house has had no notification.

I am have been in severe bad health for the past four months and in and out of hospital. This Saturday I am scheduled to have a seven hour operation, then a further one on the 16th. So I am not focused on this order at all. To be honest, I am frightened witless about the operation and do not know where to turn.

I have only received the form I had mentioned above.

I am severely disabled, one DLA and Income support. Our house is mortgaged and is jointly own and in negative equity (30%).

Can someone advise me on the letter I can send to the court. Even an adjournment for a few months until I recover would help. I honestly don't need the worry.

Thank you in advance if you can help me. Can they sell my house when I am in hospital, how can I stop it?

hi, I'm not sure what this is, but having recieved a charging order myself, this is something different.

When a charging order is applied for against a property, all parties whose names are registered on the land registry are informed of this application ( it gives all parties the opportunity to defend). Also the mortgage company are made aware of the action.

Could you give a bit more information.

Debs

Thanks for the help so far. I have been down the court and filed the papers. I was told I need to call on Tuesday find out what the judge has said, or attend in person on Wednesday for the hearing (too much to assume the lady behind the counter listened to me or read the letter).

I attach the only paperwork I have had for the hearing.I would be grateful if someone could advise me. I would hate the bailiffs to knock on the door.

scan0004.jpg[/img]

Hmmmm...:confused:

This letter from the courts doesn't actually state "Charging Order Application".

It certainly isn't the same as the letter I recieved from the courts when RBS applied for a charging order.

Is this a business debt ?

Debs