Producing Documents at Summary Judgement Hearing

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3914 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I want to get the other side to produce various documents in court, at a SJ hearing. I've read that unless I challenge, or ask for documents to be produced, then it is assumed I am agreeing to their accuracy and authenticity - which in this case I certainly do not agree with.

What form would I submit to the Court to request the other side bring various, original documents to the hearing?

Thanks for any advice / information.

I believe the correct procedure is:

you should request the forms from the other party using standard disclosure rule 31.14.

If they fail to produce maybe request to inspect the original using 31.15

If that fails use n266 to request the court to order them or their claim be struck out

Be very aware, if they have issued proceeedings these rule apply but there are time limits you must not miss

NTTF

A date is set for a Summary Judgement hearing, so they have issued proceedings for sure.

I don't need to see these documents as such, I need them brought to court, so is the N266 the correct form to use? Also, crucially, do you know what the time limits actually are?

N266 is the form to request the court to make an order, I believe it would be 'fair' to give the otherside 7 days to comply but maybe best to agree in advance to an adjournment if they need more time to produce.

Not something I am sure of so maybe best to get other caggers opinion of that

the time limits I referred to were for you to do things

Sorry, that's what I meant, what are the time limits for me to do things?

I assume they mean any requests from me for the other side to produce documents etc. must be submitted a certain amount of time before the hearing?

Did you acknowledge service of the original claim, in time?

did you enter a defence, in time?

If you did not they will get judgement by default.

What docs do you need to see? were they mentioned in their poc?

I acknowledged in time, and filed a defence in time, albeit an embarrassed one.

Their PoC gave no cause for action, no date for the agreement, no date for a default, stated the agreement was for a 'charge card' that was 'exempt under the exempt orders Act' (words to that effect). I was at the time paying a monthly dmp on a credit card that was regulated by the CCA 1974 and I couldn't defend against an agreement I didn't have. The claim was stayed, nothing happened for months.

Then out of the blue I get served with papers for a SJ hearing, which a Court has granted them, still a few months away. I've never disputed the debt, seems to me they just got fed up with the dmp payment and have taken me to court. Of course if I lose the SJ hearing they will be entitled to costs as well.

I acknowledged in time, and filed a defence in time, albeit an embarrassed one.

Their PoC gave no cause for action, no date for the agreement, no date for a default, stated the agreement was for a 'charge card' that was 'exempt under the exempt orders Act' (words to that effect). I was at the time paying a monthly dmp on a credit card that was regulated by the CCA 1974 and I couldn't defend against an agreement I didn't have. The claim was stayed, nothing happened for months.

Then out of the blue I get served with papers for a SJ hearing, which a Court has granted them, still a few months away. I've never disputed the debt, seems to me they just got fed up with the dmp payment and have taken me to court. Of course if I lose the SJ hearing they will be entitled to costs as well.

Hello there dp77,

The claimant has made an application for the SJ because he believes your defence has no real prospect of success.

The claimant should provide you with the documents that he is going to rely on at least 7 days before the hearing.

You now need to defend/resist this application by undermining the claimant's cause of action with a legal argument to your defence and preferably some documents that you can rely on.

If you do have any doc's that hold you in good favour, then you should provide your opponent with a copy of them also at least 7 days before the hearing.

Can you post up your defence that you filed to the Court against this action please.

Do you have a default notice?

Have they produced an agreement at all?

Kind Regards

The Mould