Unethical Notice of Intended Prosecutions x 2

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4032 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys!

Hoping you can help...

I have 6 points on my licence (1/08 and 01/09 ... January wasnt my month!) Today i got TWO Notices of Intended prosecution for speeding (36mph and 37 mph) from the same camera exactly a day apart....

I genuinely thought it was a 40mph zone as it was on a dual carriageway... I know for one of these I can do the speed awareness course and for the other just take the 3 points but I am fuming....

1) There is one TINY 30mph sign a few yards before the camera and that is it.

2) had I say been stopped for speeding a week before the other and was aware of the restrictions I would have known it was a 30mph zone...

Can they chanrge me twice (same camera) so close together as it hasnt given me warning? is this classed as unethical? are there any ways that I can get around this?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :o)

Thank you!

Victoria

Yes you can be charged twice, even on the same stretch of road on the same day.When you come from a higher speed limit into a lower speed limit, there has to be 2 signs, one on each side of the road. Google Richard Bentley, and look at the info. on his site, it's free.Take photos of the 30 zone with only one sign before the council rectify the error.I recall a few months ago where a cop was prosecuted for speeding .he said in court that he only saw one sign but that was covered by trees and the other one had been flattened.needless to say, he got away with speeding.

1) There is one TINY 30mph sign a few yards before the camera and that is it.

The size of the change of speed limit sign is of a fixed size and is not chosen at random by the council. You may consider it was "tiny" but I very much doubt it. (Maybe it was a "repeater" sign which can be much smaller, but that would mean you had already missed the main sign)

30 zones don't have repeater signs, so it would not have been a small sign.it would have to be in accordance with the description and size set out in the TSRGD 2002.

some 30 zones need repeater signs, I know a few including one where they had to cancel lots of Gatso issued PCNs. it depends on the street lighting. at this location the street lighting was not compliant so the cheap option to get the Gatso earning again was to put up the repeaters.