Feelingdownandout Vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2877 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

sar is not imp, 1st class will do.

they wont take you to court if you are paying 'something' even £1 PCM per debt.

regarding the paperwork, they would need a signed CCA not an application for

anyhow as said , thats a VERY remote chance, they would

put it out of your head.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

some help needed.

I have today set up my SO for £60 to Blair Oliver with my bank, I have asked them not to authorise any more payments to BOS (who take the money direct from by debit card using their HBOS account) and the bank have told me that I need to do this direct with BOS. I am going to write to them today to tell them to cancel this schedule of payments, I am concerned that they will ignore my request to cancel the payments from my card and continue - is there anything else that I can do?

I am posting up a letter, if someone could take a look before I send it registered today I would be grateful. I am beginning to learn how awful these people are and want to try and avoid them being sneaky and taking more from my account.

BOS Letter reply to letter 07.07.2010 confirming monthly payment of £60TM.pdf

Edited by Feelingdownandout

some help needed.

I have today set up my SO for £60 to Blair Oliver with my bank, I have asked them not to authorise any more payments to BOS (who take the money direct from by debit card using their HBOS account) and the bank have told me that I need to do this direct with BOS. I am going to write to them today to tell them to cancel this schedule of payments, I am concerned that they will ignore my request to cancel the payments from my card and continue - is there anything else that I can do?

Well, until you get BOS to cancel you really shouldnt be paying Blair, oliver & Scot ( who are one and the same, just different goons from the next desk)

Until they give you the SAR stuff and you work out exactly how much theyve charged you, IMHO, I wouldnt pay anything like 60 quid.

Then (if you want ) you offer F&F on the balance, Or let them try to take you to court with the documents they have, I think youve been advised that their docs are faulty.

In all likelyhood, you'll end up paying twice, they wont refund you and you'll have them baying for more money

some help needed.

OK FDAO,

Very briefly, forget about writing to those robots, instead, inform your bank that you have lost your debit card, do this today and your bank will put an immediate stop on your card, your card will be cancelled and a new card will be issued.

Who do you bank with?

Might also be a good idea to change banks.

See if that will help you at all.

Kind Regards

The Mould

Many thanks both for your replies (speedy at that for which I am grateful), when Blair Oliver and Scott process the automatic card payment it comes through on my statement as saying the money has gone to HBOS. So I cant stop it, the bank told me that this afternoon. they said I gotta go direct.

I also asked if I could order a new card and they said that in some cases 'subscriptions' such as these are set up for months and months in advance so ordering a new card may not cancel the payment, so I have no control :-(.

I now bank with Lloyds who have told me that the only way to cancel is to contact Blair Oliver & Scott.

All suggestions to help are gratefully received.

Many thanks both for your replies (speedy at that for which I am grateful), when Blair Oliver and Scott process the automatic card payment it comes through on my statement as saying the money has gone to HBOS. So I cant stop it, the bank told me that this afternoon. they said I gotta go direct.

I also asked if I could order a new card and they said that in some cases 'subscriptions' such as these are set up for months and months in advance so ordering a new card may not cancel the payment, so I have no control :-(.

I now bank with Lloyds who have told me that the only way to cancel is to contact Blair Oliver & Scott.

All suggestions to help are gratefully received.

OK FDAO

If your debit card is a Lloyds one, telephone them today and state that your card is lost, they will have to stop the card and issue a new one.

Kind Regards

The Mould

FROM THE DATE OF THIS LETTER YOU ARE NO LONGER AUTHORISED TO TAKE PAYMENTS FROM MY ACCOUNT BY THIS METHOD.

I would amend this bit and I don't think I would mention charges or PPI at this stage, just concentrate on getting these payments stopped first.

I agree with Bazaar, £60 does seem too much initially but it is your choice, if you feel happier paying then that is up to you.

I would also write to your bank enclosing a copy of this letter removing your authorisation and if any payment is taken afterwards then you will have to put a complaint in to them. I would not be happy if my bank said they couldn't stop subscription payments!

Hi The Mould

Have done that and new card ordered, they informed me that cancelling the card wont necessarily stop the payments to them from my account every month. I am going to have to call Blair Oliver & Scott :-( not looking forward to that. .....

OK FDAO,

Send those B,O & S robots a very short letter, state to them that from this day 21 July 2010 you hereby withdraw your express consent for them to hold any authority granted by you to make any transaction regarding withdrawing any monies from your bank account (account no.)using any method, including, but not limited to, debit card payments, electronic tranfers, direct debits, standing orders and the like.

From now on FDAO, send them a cheque payment at least 7 days before the payment is due.

Contact the Financial Ombudsman Service and inform them that your bank will not permit you to cancel debit card payments and that this is causing you serious inconvenience.

Let the bank know that you are making a complaint about them to the FOS.

Kind Regards

The Mould

...sorry, I called them, not great, but ok, they have said they have cancelled the Continuous Payment authority and that I should receive confirmation in the post in the next dew days. They also pressed me very hard for i&E details, asking who i worked for, how much I earned, if I was in receipt of benefits. etc etc. I did not get drawn in, they said my account is on hold for 30 days to give me an opportunity to complete the I&E form that they are sending me in tonights post. They told me that failure to send this back will result in them contacting me again.

they also told me that I need to double my payments and that I had to pay the balances of both credit cards off in 12 months, but reminded me that there are f/f settlements available to me.

I was releived to put the phone down.

...sorry, I called them, not great, but ok, they have said they have cancelled the Continuous Payment authority and that I should receive confirmation in the post in the next dew days. They also pressed me very hard for i&E details, asking who i worked for, how much I earned, if I was in receipt of benefits. etc etc. I did not get drawn in, they said my account is on hold for 30 days to give me an opportunity to complete the I&E form that they are sending me in tonights post. They told me that failure to send this back will result in them contacting me again.

they also told me that I need to double my payments and that I had to pay the balances of both credit cards off in 12 months, but reminded me that there are f/f settlements available to me.

I was releived to put the phone down.

OK FDAO

Well done for doing that.

Very quickly, still send the letter and underneath the first paragraph add-

If you continue to withdraw funds from my bank account from this day forth without my express consent I will bring an action against Blair, Oliver & Scott Ltd under the Fraud Act for theft.

Kind Regards

The Mould

OK If you are with lloyds, then you can quite simply go online, go to direct debits and cancel it.

It really is as simple as that.

If youre not registered online, do it now, then this option is open to you. within a few days.

This will enable YOU to be in control.

Yes BOS will bleat about it, but if youre paying them, it doesnt matter, as long as you keep proof of payments etc.

Pay them in pennies if you want,

As the Mould has said, you can send them a cheque if you must pay them, but they are screwing you around, they know, youre getting close to stopping payments so they will tell you any old lie to make you think you have to pay.

and stay off that phone!

DO NOT send off the I/E sheet

they have NO authotity to your pers fin details

ONLY a judge can order that.

get reclaiming !!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I wont be picking it up again, I can asusure you of that. I wasnt at all surprised that they tried to press me for income information, I just kept aksing her to confirm that the card authroity has been cancelled, dont think she liked it. She said that the accounts were on hold for a further 30 days, and that they cannot indefinatley agree to allow the payments that i am making! she said the system was asking for double!

Anyway all letters have gone, and the SO set up. all I can do now is sit back and wait. (thats the hard bit) I wont be filling in any forms of any kind.

lets hope there is something to claim at the end of it all! fingers crossed. ;-)

FDAO

Is this for your SAR?

Probably don't need to scan everything FDAO, just have a read through it and ask any questions.

I had a load of papers, over 3 inches thick so it will probably be similar, schedules of statements, transactions, sheets of codes etc.