Feelingdownandout Vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2877 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thats better......

ok well they cannot go to court with those.

now, what i need to establish is without trawling through pages of bumph here is your basic problems:

do i guess they are trying to squeeze you for more than what you can pay at present?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

brill.

ok well they can threaten what they like then, let them get on with it!

even IF and a VERY big IF this ever went to court, the judge would laugh them out the door and probably asign a LOWER payment.

as long as you regularly pay what you can then TOUGH!

just write them and TELL them...its YOUR money you decide.

now

i guess also you have SAR'ed the OC to get all your statements and to look at reclaim unlawful charges and mis-sold PPI?

dx

hello guests!!!!...dx waves

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you

yes the SAR went earlier this week, direct to Halifax. Can you tell me what they have sent me (if what they have sent they cannot rely on?).

Do I write and dispute the accounts or write and tell them that I am setting up a standing order for £60 pcm and leave them to it?

Is the NDL correct when they told me that BOS can take me to court for refusing to fill in the I&E Form?

Sorry for all these questions - I just want to do this right and not make any mistakes.

(hello to the guests!)

Thank you

yes the SAR went earlier this week, direct to Halifax. Can you tell me what they have sent me (if what they have sent they cannot rely on?).

what are you refering to? if you mean the CCA stuff in that PDF, then its ok, but not for court use as i have already said. they MUST hold a CCA with your sig on it to go court. END OF!!

Do I write and dispute the accounts or write and tell them that I am setting up a standing order for £60 pcm and leave them to it?

you write and TELL THEM, you can only pay £XX for XXX mnts by SO. and do it without fail.

also put at the bottom of your letter that you dispute the outstanding balance and are going to reclaim all the unlawful fees and if applicable mis-sold PPI, so the account will thus be in dispute.

Is the NDL correct when they told me that BOS can take me to court for refusing to fill in the I&E Form?

no load of cobbres

Sorry for all these questions - I just want to do this right and not make any mistakes.

(hello to the guests!)

you might be confusing SAR & CCA's here

have you def sent an SAR to halifax?

dx

and they

This is covering a lot of old ground DX. (Sorry not you) but same questions have been answered previously and several times.

CCA request has gone and reconstituted one supplied and they are 'looking' for the original.

Yes, understand SAR request went this week.

FDAO, Did you get that automated payment stopped with your bank so that no more payments would be authorised?

the thread needs trimming badly!

prob is the op keeps making new threads which is why i'm here dotty50.

we'll get there just trying to stop the mindless panic .

dx

and they

hey you dont escape that easy........:D:D

dx

and they

I dont wish to put anyone off, I did everything thus far, and need a steer following receipt of correspondence last week.

I have sent the SAR and understand that they have 40 days to respond. I have proof of del (signed from the PO).

Yes I stopped the automated card payment and a SO has been set up.

Please dont think ill of me, there is a lot to take in. as i have said before, I just want to pay it off, and as Halifax told me what they sent is suffice and meets the request I was not sure of where to go from there. Now I do, thank you.

We just want to help so please stop worrying!

Ok so that's good that you have stopped them taking anymore of YOUR money.

What are you planning to pay on the S/O or have you just set it up in preparation.

Don't forget, when you get the SAR, they may actually owe you!

oi don't you start.

:p

what you need to be clear about are a few things that p'haps needed a bit of focus.

one thing, that i still see from above comment is , sadly, you were advised to CCA them, ok good move as such, but, even if the CCA did turn out to be un-en ... it doesn't make the debt go away, just they cannot go to court.

with 4 pages of msgs, i could not see you had digested a few basic facts about debt.

so, keep your arms by your side, stop flapping them around, and siy back and WAIT now.

we need the results of the SAR, to hit them with a claim for unlawful charges & p'haps mis-sold PPI.

how much is this debt BTW?

dx

and they

I dont wish to put anyone off, I did everything thus far, and need a steer following receipt of correspondence last week.

I have sent the SAR and understand that they have 40 days to respond. I have proof of del (signed from the PO).

Yes I stopped the automated card payment and a SO has been set up.

Please dont think ill of me, there is a lot to take in. as i have said before, I just want to pay it off, and as Halifax told me what they sent is suffice and meets the request I was not sure of where to go from there. Now I do, thank you.

I take what a financial institution says and writes with a pinch of salt; they're not always correct and believe people will trust them.

I have set up the SO for £60 and £40 which is what I was paying on my card every month. its an amount I can afford and think to myself that if I keep it at this the quicker it goes away.

DX - I will send the letter you suggest by recorded delivery tomorrow, then will do as you suggest.

NDL had put the jibbers up me, and just needed an experienced person to look at what they sent me to see if it was un-en. As Dotty50 says its not a lot of money - just is a lot to me as I cant pay it all off at once. I just need to wait for the SAR to come back now, just a worry in the meantime, hopefully I will begin to feel better when they back off.

Well I suppose that's to your advantage, £1 less to pay!

They shouldn't have done, but as they responded to your request then I guess that's ok.

And DONT spend the next forty days worrying !!!! ;)

Ok folks here goes the next installment, got home last night to find two letters from Halifax, I have attached the 'signed' docs that they sent me. Can anyone shed any light on these please?

Thanks

FDAO :confused:

Halifax signed CCA Acct_1 rcd 15.07.2010.pdf

Halifax signed CCA Acct_2 rcd 15.07.2010.pdf

right so thats the caa's [of sorts] for both cards now, .

await the sar

dx

and they