• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

illegal repossesion by logbook laons and anglia

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4370 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

LOL, ee tha knows. Oh c**k,

I am carving the clogs as we speak. Getting a right old gander on now. Cant you just tell, I have watched dinner ladies tonight.

Looks like the beauty sleep is going by the wayside tonight. And I need it more than most. As my friend said to me tonight, I dont have wrinkles. They are laughter lines. Nothing is that feckin hilarious.

I have beaten the DCAs, and the bailiffs in the past, all because of the advice on here. God, I hope i beat this shower of sh1t.

Drink anyone x x x x

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL WITH LBL LOAN:

Log book loans rely upon the bill of sale in repossession of your cars, Now if they rely on this to repo your car, play them at their own game.

NOTE: VEHICLE MUST BE ON PRIVATE PROPERTY FOR THIS TO WORK, NOT ON A PUBLIC HIGHWAY ETC.

Lbl use section 7 of the bill of sale to repo your car under default (they dont care if they have actualy sent you a default notice) you call the police, they show bill of sale, police say civil matter, you loose your car) as i did.

Go to the bill of sale act 1882 and print off a copy. if the repo team turn up, call the police, they will show the BOS the police will say its civil and they cannot get involved.

HIGHLIGHT SECTION 13 OF THE BILL OF SALE ACT 1882!!!!!! AND SHOW TO POLICE OFFICER!!!! MUST BE IN THE TRUE FORM.

I QUOTE:

13 - Chattels not to be removed or sold

All personal chattels seized or of which possession is taken, under or by vertue of any bill of sale (whether registered before of after the commencement of this act), shall remain on the premises where they were so seized or so taken possession of, and shall not be removed or sold until after the expiration of five clear days from the day they were so seized or so taken possession of.

So in right, yes they may take possession of it, or seize it, but they cant move it for 5 days....giving plenty of time for you to do whatever you so need to.

So if for instance the car wasnt there when they returned......Police are called.....CIVIL MATTER.

Edited by ims

update:

Spoke today with Cheshire CID - suprise, suprise, they state that due to the fact LBL would THINK they are entitled to do the things they do then it doesnt constitute theft! civil matter.they cant get involved, as such my case has now been passed to the financial fraud devision who should contact me soon! what a joke.

Have now got an apointment with Trading standards tomorrow at 10am, they sem really interested in what i have in regard to the breaches they have commited.

My feeling is this, if this company can solely rely upon an archiac law, and pick and choose which sections can apply to them and which cant, they so should the consumer....as above stated, the law is the law, if you choose to use it, then you should follow its obligations, all of it, not just the bits you like or dislike.

The object of this story, post, is just, im dumbfounded at the very misconseption of two laws, one of which has been subject to ammendments so as to protect the consumer, and a company is clearly not obliging its statutory duty, can take the law into its own hands and deal the cards as it so wishes.

I concur, my bill of sale is void, the cca agreement is void, the vehicle should not have been removed, the debt was cleared, the agreements were nul and void, so what the hell gives this comapny a right to my car.

I hope that when these types of loans are outlawed, the directors of such companiesrecieve some cold blooded revenge,

The problem is buddy they don't care about the rules. They play there own game, LBL use agents, so strictly they don't have to follow the rules, but, call themselves baliffs when the need to araise-they don't follow the code of conduct..

Anyway how you getting on? do you think you have the bases coverd?

trooper68

Trooper68:)

i believe i have a very strong case, and so does the barrister (my uncle) the problem is that like you say log book dont play by the rules, im thinking the only way to win is play thier game, and just have a bigger book of tricks, for instance if this company use bill of sales, attendend by solicitors who turn out to never of hearing from LBL or nine regions, and they so willingly commit fraud in an excessive way, then what will they come up with next, the average consumer has limited resources, limited cash, and limited time, removing thier car give them even more limitations, unlucky for LBL, i have a relatively wealthy family, who have very high positions within thier working relationships, (I.E, Uncle is a barrister, Aunty is a probation officer, My other Uncle owns his own business, my dad is a MD, I am a licensee, with a MD of a debt recovery company, My best friend is a bailiff (court appointed and certified) My other friend works with West yorkshire police, whos father is head of a police unit (not relevant to my case so no help) But even with all this in mind, im finding it difficult to ascertain how this company still trades, and im now beggining to see the enormity of what lies ahead, even with my background, and the connections i have, im frustrated, so god help those who dont, a few times i have thought or bollocks il just buy a new car, but its the principle of the matter that, this company have not got the right to take my belongings, and why should i allow it, just because some little knowledge ppl say its civil and can not help, thats their opinion, and once that judge says, this is this and that is that, i will be expecting some very nice appologies, but once the case is won, which i am comfident but not certain as im not a judge, I will continue to fight further, and will only stop when the doors are closed for business.

I cant believe that in respect of your case the coppers did not follow through further, CCTV even had the judge call the police in regards to fraud, yet the company still carries on trading.....When does it stop?

Welcome To Logbook Loans

At Logbook Loans, our mission is to provide easy cash to everyone. We have specialization in arranging logbook loans for the borrowers. If you are looking for a loan that is having all the benefits of a secured loan but does not ask for any security placement, come and apply immediately with us at Logbook Loans! Here you don’t have to pledge any collateral and only the logbook of your vehicle serves enough to get a good deal of cash as loan. So, don’t get delayed and apply at once with us here at Logbook Loans!

Logbook is the legal proof of your ownership over your vehicle. It has got details like the chassis number of your vehicle, engine number, color and model number, current registration mark etc. Placing only this document with the lender, you can easily have the cash aid of secured loans against logbook. So, come and apply immediately with us here at Logbook loans for these easy cash aid!

Taken from a logbook loan website!!

How misleading is this.....How little do they know?

Hi peeps,

Been back down to police station, as lovely as the chap was and he did try to be helpful, but he was totally unhelpful as in the fact he told me it is a civil matter. I said I would probably be putting a stolen car report in. He said he would be unable to accept it. As its a CIVIL matter. And basically LBL had a right to take the care, although their tactics are somewhat dubious.

It also seems some solicitors are not on the ball or have much experience with this type of thing.

Head,wall and bang come to mind x x x

ims.

i think you need to slow down a bit. if you make your case complicated you will not win.

your case is about the removal of your car. and this is what you case should be about.

the day to day running of lbl has nothing to do with your case and the courts will not listen to it. you only have a short time to get your case across . how many times they have changed there names or how many people they have ripped off. will not be heard in court. so dont waste your time on that side of lbl. use the time to solve your problem.

Hi peeps,

Been back down to police station, as lovely as the chap was and he did try to be helpful, but he was totally unhelpful as in the fact he told me it is a civil matter. I said I would probably be putting a stolen car report in. He said he would be unable to accept it. As its a CIVIL matter. And basically LBL had a right to take the care, although their tactics are somewhat dubious.

It also seems some solicitors are not on the ball or have much experience with this type of thing.

Head,wall and bang come to mind x x x

Don't be put off, ok, lets try a another direction, go for LBL directly, what you will nned to do is write a letter to them asking for a copy of the BoS, there are a number of stickys at the home page, i think there is one there, if not draw up your own and send by reg post to the office that delt with the taking of the car.

You may want to get in touch with trading standards, i understand they was investigating LBL-i think it was Guilford in Surrey.. i'll check. I think they was looking for cases relating to LBL.

trooper68

Hi cctv, what i posted on here was not relevant to my case just an opinion i have now of the situation, the last couple of posts, so be it is me just wineing lol, i have pm,d u with what i have put in my case files, please take a look and let me know to your thoughts. thanks

hi guys !

logbook will be sending anglia round to my hose soon .next 24hrs or so however i dnt live there anymore . can they find me my car is still registered to old address. my new house has nothing in my name. my new home has a gated driveway which is locked and my car is kept inside .how quick can they find me? can they break lock on gate to get in ???? please help i have dealt with anglia agents before they are nasty and dnt listen .my car is worth 7k max and according to them i now owe over 10k .i cant afford to loose my car .

hi guys !

logbook will be sending anglia round to my hose soon .next 24hrs or so however i dnt live there anymore . can they find me my car is still registered to old address. my new house has nothing in my name. my new home has a gated driveway which is locked and my car is kept inside .how quick can they find me? can they break lock on gate to get in ???? please help i have dealt with anglia agents before they are nasty and dnt listen .my car is worth 7k max and according to them i now owe over 10k .i cant afford to loose my car .

the problem you are going to have is when they catch up with you. and you need a solicitor you will not get one to take your case. a solicitor can not lie for you i.e you are driving around in a unregistered car. and that alone is a criminal offence. you cant even drive your car it will get picked up on anpr cameras.

so first you need to get your problems in order first.

hide your car (not at your house) then register it (you must register your car big fine if the police get involved) i dont know how you are going to sort out your problem you have put the law into lbl hands. and it also sounds as if you have not been paying your loan. if you keep hiding from them then there is nothing anyone can do to help you. you are best seeing a solicitor but he will also tell you that all the letters (gone to old house) you need. without the letters you will find it hard to get help. its up to you take control and fight lbl or wait till they find you

hi all just to updat, all evidence has now been passed to the relevant people, will be posting LBA in the morning and have been told to deliver to BCA a letter, stating my case, using bullet points, there is now an investigation being carried out by the relevant authorities. Court papers for injunction have now been filled out, can i send them straight away, or do i have to wait for the LBA to cease?

i will survive, i agree with cctv, if the bos and the cca are all ok and standing, and you default, yes they can remove your car, and according to thier bill of sale agreement which you signed, they can brake the lock on your gate to retrieve car, My advice would be to seek legal council, and have them look at the bill of sale and credit agreement to confirm the legalities of it, I would register the car at your new home, then arrange alternative transport, and put your car into storage, obviously not at your home address. This will atleast give you some time to work out your problems with LBL, Any one half decent will not give you advice how to rip of this company, as much as we all would like to as they have done it to us, But we would be willing to help if your consumer rights have been breached or the bill of sale and or the cca is void. Other than that, like cctv and i have said, speak to CAB or a solicitor to see what your legal standing is, im sorry we cant help any further.

hi all just to updat, all evidence has now been passed to the relevant people, will be posting LBA in the morning and have been told to deliver to BCA a letter, stating my case, using bullet points, there is now an investigation being carried out by the relevant authorities. Court papers for injunction have now been filled out, can i send them straight away, or do i have to wait for the LBA to cease?

Hi IMS

Don't hold back on the injunction, do it and then follow up with the letter before action (reg) it give them 14 days to respond, then they know you mean it...

They might play ball with you and back off the open a dialog, but, you may have to take them to the wire, even so you are in a very strong case to bleed them of what they owe you (time, costs, compo)..

trooper68

smashedbobo, it is not relevant to LBL the age of the car, If i remember correctly, the ministry of defense really dont like thier squaddies going bankrupt, Just a thought, but have you tried to contact the CO of the base where you bought the car from, If you give the Commanding officer the name of the squaddie and the details, im sure the military polce and the CO can deal with your complaint a whole lot quicker than the civi police.

MOD considers debt to be a private matter. Poor money handling and/or bankruptcy may impact on security clearance and sometimes promotion, but it's not a disciplinary matter unless crime is involved. The policy is laid out in JSP400 and is clear that Commanding Officers cannot become involved. All the unit will do is offer to forward letters to the individual.

However, if a crime is involved - fraud, perhaps, by selling the car when it wasn't his to sell, then the people to contact are the MOD Police. They will have a presence at the base. However, they may take the view that this is a civil matter.

Hi Guys, just to update just recieved copies of my so called default notices, and front page of the BOS, Lots of discrepencies, this just gets better and better, cctv i have pm you.

Hi Guys, just to update just recieved copies of my so called default notices, and front page of the BOS, Lots of discrepencies, this just gets better and better, cctv i have pm you.

Hi ims. you are onto a winner. i just want to check something from my court papers and i will pm you the details. also i have looked into the solicitors on your bos. infact lets name them (if they are helping lbl they should be named until they say otherwise) Constantinou Solicitors, Long Eaton and Stapleford, Nottingham

if they have nothing todo with lbl i will edit there company. give them a call and ask them for copys of your bill of sale. you need time and date and who was there when signed.

cctv, i emailed them earlier, and guess what, it was bounced back as no such address!!?? mmmmm will call them on monday, as i am the person they hold details about, apparently, they have no legal reason to refuse. thanks mate

cctv, i emailed them earlier, and guess what, it was bounced back as no such address!!?? mmmmm will call them on monday, as i am the person they hold details about, apparently, they have no legal reason to refuse. thanks mate

a bill of sale is not protected with dpa your ca is. but a bill of sale is not.

just looked at my court papers and as you have said you are getting letters from nine regions ltd and logbook loans ltd (check company reg numbers at bottom of letters) you only have a contract with one of the companys NOT BOTH you also need your solicitor to know this.

Hi I have apparently, as i have not recived the originals just the copies sent to trading standards, recived letters from:

Nine regions ltd

log book loans

uk regions ltd

all different company numbers, oh and calls from 4 point financial services!

Hi I have apparently, as i have not recived the originals just the copies sent to trading standards, recived letters from:

Nine regions ltd

log book loans

uk regions ltd

all different company numbers, oh and calls from 4 point financial services!

which company is your bos with and which company took your car.

let me guess. bos with nine regions ltd (trading as logbook loans) which IS NOT the same as logbook loans ltd who took your car (uk regions is logbookloans ltd) you have never had a bill of sale with them