• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

illegal repossesion by logbook laons and anglia

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4364 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI IMS,

I hadn't realised they had seized a work vehicle, you hadn't alluded to that in your previous postings?

That aside, out of interest, could you have secured a tow truck under any other circumstance? Because they will obviously look at what mitigating elements you could have covered to reduce your exposure to using subcontractors? Also, you obviously, have confirmation that said subcontractors undertook the work, so you can claim that element back with relative ease and that would support loss of income potential over that time period, measured against same period set a year previously?.

On the Log Book Loans Ltd Nine Regions Ltd Cheque point. The Company Directors are not a little confused. They know only too well what they are doing.

Whatever their claim that they are two separate legal entities, which they are. On the balance of probability their argument that they are not Log Book Loans Ltd so a cheque made out to be credited for your account with Log Book Loans but made out to Ltd, is a legal argument that would not stand up in court, if tested and their legal team, would know this to be a risk.

No doubt your solicitor will use the "reasonable man" approach. That being that a reasonable man in the street, would expect that payment made in good faith, and accepted on the part of the payer as monies towards your account with your correct account number attached, would be reasonably expected to be credited to that account, when sent to the same address that has the trading name Log Book Loans carrying out a business at the same address as Log Book Loans Ltd.

As always, all views are my personal opinion and come with the usual caveats etc.

Keep us posted IMS

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi, yes the vehicle they siezed was used for work, purposely for pulling broken down vehicles, that were not cost effective for a recovery truck, if i was to secure a tow truck, i could have at a cost of £142 per day plus vat, please bare in mind my business was and is relatively new, therfore the process of paying for a commercial vehicle to be parked outside on the off chance of work is silly by anyones standards, however, having my car, which could pull most cars with ease, that bieng an estate to enable me to carry mobile mechanic tools, and the readiness of a seven seater, with us having kids and dogs, made all the sense in the world. I have reciepts from the subcontractor who i passed all the work to whilst my car was parked in manchester auctions, i also have the hire reciepts for my hire car, needed for atleast the kids etc, which stipulated i MUST NOT use for work purposses, nor was i covered or entitlted to tow with it, so i was at a dead loss, bieng a mobile mechanic, and a recovery operator, i solely relied on the cars coming to me, or me having the cheek to risk it so to speak, to travel to the place of work and carry out repairs on thier property. Caused much agro as you can imagine.

I must admit, the solicitor seems to be doing nothing in respect of trying to resolve the matter, after having numerous meetings now, all he seems to be intresxted in is going to court, he has 3 files with lbl at the moment, and uses every opertunity to let me know how he is progressing with the other cases and how it will end, i have even asked him how we could go about a rightful settlement out of court, however, he seems to think its best to go to court and go for the top money (maybe coss he gerts paid more??)

Do you think i should pul all the damage evidence together, and then drop nine regions an email? or should i know email thier sol and see what response i get back?

like i said, xmas is coming and id rather see the new year in in good faith than bad.

let me know your thoughts.

Just to let all readers know, after extensive conversations with the cagger hip hop, it is of my feeling and opinion that this person is genuine and not a tout for log book loans or nine regions or associated companies, regardless of what other caggers may think.

Best regards ims

Do you think i should pul all the damage evidence together, and then drop nine regions an email? or should i know email thier sol and see what response i get back?

let me know your thoughts.

That's is always a difficult one IMS, without knowing how confident your skills sets in negotiations are, or your written skills in formulating that negotiating stance. Remember that this isn't about scoring a technical legal point here or there. It's always about the legal cost exposure for either side, measured against costs to settle, especially if there is a good possibility that the opposing side may lose.

So how they minimise that risk measured against the real probability of either winning or losing is what it is generally all about. Nothing more.(I believe).

Therefore, I repeat, that it is difficult for me to offer a definitive answer to someone contemplating going it alone, not that I am being unhelpful, but I don't have a true indication of your skills sets at hand and it would be wrong of me to make such bold assumptions on such a serious matter. No doubt some may disagree with my stance, but that is their position, not mine.

Obviously your postings on the forum reflect that you are very passionate and feel justifiably outraged, about the way you have been treated. But (I believe), that a different approach is now required on how one would communicate between parties in these types of negotiations.

Normally,(In my opinion), these types of negotiations are without emotional input and very dry in both approach and execution.

If I draw on my own personal experience with Log Book Loans, you might be shocked to hear, that I found them to be both professional and courteous in their dealings with me at all times, once they decided to negotiate!

They reacted via email expeditiously, never straying from that professionalism.

That doesn't take away the fact, that they are commercially ruthless and would (metaphorically speaking), sell your children if they could get away with it!

That being said, once they decided to play ball, they played ball professionally, that's just my personal experience.

I only emphasise these points as this is a business for them nothing more nothing less. They don't, like most of us on here, go to bed at night, suffering from nightmares on cars being unlawfully seized etc.

My opinion is, it is simply a business for them, with most of the legal reasons being touted, illiciting standard responses as they have heard most of them before.

Just as it is no doubt (in my opinion), par for the course in their business that they lose the occasional one-like my claim against them. For most other victims, as they don't bother or don't have the skills or cash flow to defend against such unlawful or unfair actions, it's an acceptable overhead.

At c 300-400% interest it isn't a bad profitable business, if that is the business you want to be in?

That is why I chuckle when I hear that they might trawl this website regarding Bills of Sale threads etc. I am sure they don't need to. They have their in-house team and if anything is beyond them, than I believe they farm it out.

On the whole they tend to deal with things in-house as it is cheaper to do so. I am sure. (Again just my opinion)

Obviously on your side of things, Solicitors make their money by dragging things out and charging by the hour.

They play on their client's wanting to score a point here or there. Most could all settle quickly if they wanted to, but would earn less as a consequence.

You know I don't hold out much faith in solicitors generally, preferring to always negotiate directly once I have made the legal case.

That aside, the question you need to ask your solicitor is, what could financially be settled realistically pre-litigation at this stage, with the evidence now at your disposal?

If one sets-off the legal costs to date, and factors in the convenience of time saved against the hassle of trial etc How viable is that option for you?

Once you have done this, compare this to the financial compensation available further down the line. Ask your solicitor to express in percentage terms the winning probability factor, if you were to continue along your current path.

It always comes down to time/potential reward/potential losses in costs against settling sooner for cash and a result now. That decision can only be yours.

Don't forget that the Litigation gravy train is more difficult to stop than start, so factor in retainers etc that will need to be fed along the way too.

By the way, being that you uncle is a barrister, (I know, he can't represent you) but surely he can gently nudge you as to whether you should attempt to settle or proceed at this stage. You have all the evidence at hand to support loss etc for him to at least offer guidance on the settling or proceeding point, regardless of the fact that you have instructed a solicitor. He is direct family after all?

As always, just my personal thoughts given with the usual caveats. Hope it helps?

Edited by Hip_Hop
clarity

Just to let all readers know, after extensive conversations with the cagger hip hop, it is of my feeling and opinion that this person is genuine and not a tout for log book loans or nine regions or associated companies, regardless of what other caggers may think.

Best regards ims

Why thank you squire, you are most kind.

In fairness it was only CCTV Engineer (Tom) that was maligning my character by emailing and sending Personal Messages to other Caggers, that I was an agent for Log Book Loans. He has used Trooper68 and Spud's names to support his theory in his character assassination emails and P.M's to other Caggers to propogate this myth, but in fairness neither have ever demonstrated a similar need to be illogical in print to the best of my knowledge?

No one else would be so silly to suggest such an outrageous notion!

Most Caggers would recognise that such a spurious accusation coming from a Cagger like CCTVthat qualifies nothing and blatantly emails other Caggers pretending to be a solicitor with connections to the OFT as CCTV Engineer pretended to be, when he emailed THFC1960 as Jeff "The Lawyer". Would be someone, whose accusations and advice merited further scrutiny.

On reflection, I think most would now take any accusation from CCTV that I am somehow connected to Log Book Loans with a pinch of salt, as they would do now with most of the advice that he was peddling previously under the "8 year rule" etc that has been found wanting and shown to be , as detailed earlier in this thread.

In any event, my case with Log Book is now over as my compensation cheque etc was received today and banked and I hope that you too are in a similar position to report same. CCTV-Have a drink on me, as I can now afford to be generous in both spirit and the offering of same.

Happy New Year all!

Hip_Hop_Is Hip_Happy!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

When is the Goverment going to get on the case of nine regions Illegal activities and stop the directors trading for good?Their behaviour is totally disgusting and very frightening for those involved.They removed my Disabled Carriage Illegally and drove from Basingstoke to Essex on a disabled tax disc without my consent,which is illegal and would make insurance null and void.The Police did nothing to help,infact actually handed my keys to them(Templar Bespoke Solutions,who have P.I watching me at moment but I cannot prove this quite yet) and Templar could not be served with court order I obtained from County Court as they only have PO Box address.Very clever nine regions but this should be Illegal.They also created damage to my vehicle and drained it of approximately £20 of diesel.Obviously thats theft,but Police refuse to take statement.

• 3 weeks later...

hi, i just signed an agreement with easy log book loans, after reading this thread i'm extremely worried, i do not wish to continue and i haven't received any money from them yet, how do i go about cancelling this agreement asap, please advise asap as i am now very scared!!

• 4 weeks later...
Hi. ims. i need to see your bill of sale. (you could have your car back tomorrow) i cant post on here as to how at the moment as i am talking with the police regarding hoffs bos. you say yours has nine regions ltd on it.????

if so you will have your car returned. i will meet with you tomorrow. i have pm you my number again. please dont post anymore details of your bos on here. lbl will read it.

hi sorry to jump in but can any one help me as im in the same situation and i dont no what to do as they are telling me i av to pay a lump sum of money to them or my car will go to auction to be sold.when the loan wasn't even my loan or even in my name

hi sorry to jump in but can any one help me as im in the same situation and i dont no what to do as they are telling me i av to pay a lump sum of money to them or my car will go to auction to be sold.when the loan wasn't even my loan or even in my name

start your own thread

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 months later...
Hi. ims. i need to see your bill of sale. (you could have your car back tomorrow) i cant post on here as to how at the moment as i am talking with the police regarding hoffs bos. you say yours has nine regions ltd on it.????

if so you will have your car returned. i will meet with you tomorrow. i have pm you my number again. please dont post anymore details of your bos on here. lbl will read it.

Hi could u help me also?

My car was stolen off my drive by anglia client of CC collections (logbook loans) they never knocked on my door just got in the car and drove off in it. Please help. This was AM 5/3/2012

start your own thread

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 months later...

Hi all, currently still in court, apparently CC Collections have purchased LBL/ Nine regions debt book, and are looking like they are trading out of thier offices.