CapQuest Letter Statutory demand under insolvency act - *** WON ***

shabz25
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4567 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I received a letter todat from Capquest about a Next catalogue debt. The letter states:

Our investigations into your current financial position, based on the information we currently hold, are now complete and it is unfortunate that we find ourselves preparing a statutory demand under section 268(1) (a) of the insolvency Act 1986 which will be completed on or around the 06 Jun which will be served upon you.

If you do not apply to set aside the demand (form 6,4 in Schedule 4 to the insolvency Rules 1986) should be made within 18 days from the date of service upon you and be suported by an affidavit (form 6.5 in Schedule 4 to those Rules) stating the ground on which the demand should be set aside.

(a) you only have 18 days of service of the statutory demand

(b) You have only 21 days before we may present a bankruptcy petition.

Im not quite sure how it all works but i guess they are trying to make me bankrupt. The account has been in dispute since 24th Jan 2009 when Next failed to provide a credit agreement. Can you please help me with this i haven;t dealt with a Bankruptcy order. I understand the Credit act, would the same rules apply to this would Capquest have to proove the debt by way of credit agreement. what do i need to do in the meantime?

Hi,

Yes i sent it recorded deliver, will have to find the proof, the debt is for about £3200 and the last payment was made on the 24th January 2009 when they failed to provide a CCA. Can you tell me if this is just a threat or will they pursue this?

Sorry to poke my oar in....but should you ignore an SD?

Surely a set-aside appeal should be entered, even if the SD is unfounded?

Otherwise they may go for a bankruptcy order.

Postggi....you are more experienced than me, but should this really be ignored?

Shabz...if you do for set-aside, be sure to ask for costs....its the best way to stop these muppets using SDs 'like confetti' as someone posted recently.

Sorry to poke my oar in....but should you ignore an SD?

Surely a set-aside appeal should be entered, even if the SD is unfounded?

Otherwise they may go for a bankruptcy order.

Postggi....you are more experienced than me, but should this really be ignored?

Shabz...if you do for set-aside, be sure to ask for costs....its the best way to stop these muppets using SDs 'like confetti' as someone posted recently.

I will definately make sure i recover costs . Capquest are hoping i ignore their SD and then they can go for Bankruptcy just like you said.

As I read it, Cr@pQuest haven't yet issued the SD, just a threat to do so?

I had a similar letter a while back, and when the threatened SD didn't materialise on or around the threatened date I decided that it was all hot air.

However the threatened SD eventually arrived 2-3 weeks after the stated date (albeit by 1st class post), so I think that's what Postggj is alluding to in Post #4 above; i.e. wait until the SD arrives and take it from there. I don't think he is saying ignore the SD (which hasn't arrived yet?).

Cheers

Rob

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I received an SD from capquest which was dated teh 21st June. I have been away and it came when i wasn't home. I really need to attend court tomorrow to complete the set aside forms but need help with this. Why do i want the SD to be set asside and what should i say in my afidavit. I oringally CCA's next in jan 2009 and didin't receive a copy so the account came into dispute on the 21st Jan. Recently i CCA'd Capquest and haven't received a copy, time period has elapsed. I know from the SD that Capquest bought the debt from Next. I never received a Default notice, a notice of assignment of the CCA.

Please help, do i need to include copies of the recorded delivery slips or do i worry about them at a later date.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Shabz25

capquest st demand.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

I complainted to OFT about Capquests tactics, i got a reply saying that OFT does not deal with individual cases but will take on board by comments and should there be any other complaints they will take further action. I have received a date for the hearing which is the 23rd September, Do i now need to file a defence to both sides?

Also i received another letter from Capquest stating that the account was opened in 2008, i thought it was before that date, obviously i never received a CCA from Next so i can't be sure. What changes in the Comsumer credit act do i need to be aware of if by account was post 2007,

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

The time has come for me to attend court tomorrow to have SD set aside. I received a special delivery letter from Capquest to tel me that i hadn't disclosed all the information to them relating to the account previously and therefore would like to stop the SD and have offered £40 towards costs. I don't want to settle with them and would like it to go to court. My question is would the letter they have sent me today have any bearing on my case, would the judge think i could have settled out of court and would sending the offer work in Capquests favour. I have worked my costs at £280 in total. I have sent the costs to Capquest but they would not have received it when they wrote to me. I have also sent me defence to them which is what is concerning them. They knew ages ago the account was in dispute as i sent them a letter telling them so.

please help as i only have till today to decide.

They leave it to the last minute

crappyquest can sod off

have the sd set asside

it will not go against you ignoring that letter

if its brought up in court just tell the judge all the crap you have had to put up with etc

once its set asside crappyquest will no longer be able to issue another sd

at the end of the day its your choice but you know where i stand

Attended court today, Caquest didn't attend, wrote to the judge to say they accept the set aside application. I put my costs down as £291.50 but the miserable judge only awarded £78.50 to be paid within 14 days by Capquest. The old sod didn't accept that it took me 18 hrs to prepare for the case, he said if it was a solicitor then it would take him about 2 hrs. Well i'm not a Solicitor who charges £150 per hr. I would like to see how long it takes the judge to carry out my job and see if he can do it at the same speed, but anyway i won in the end so that's what really matters.