Vexatious unauthorised searches by Mackenzie hall & Lowell

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4718 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, Beccalou, you know who to call about this... my bet is that it will be regarded 'vexatious'!

Have you had any correspondence with Lowell? Are you aware of any debt they may be chasing?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. I have checked my credit report and see that Lowells have been searching regularly. In fact there are 16 searches by them (4 of which were on the same day!) in the last 10 months.

If this activity on the records held by CRA's is deliberately done to reduce credit ratings, then surely this must be looked into. In this situation, I would be looking to involve my local MP, asking them to look into the matter with the DCA concerned and the CRA's.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

There is a bunch of stuff from them regarding purchased debts going back years the majority of which are nearing the magical 6 year mark. I have never acknowledged anything with them and have ignored, but saved, every letter they have wasted their time sending me.

Hi Beccalou,

Please report this to Leeds Trading Standards asap and send a copy To the Office of Fair Trading.

In your letter to OFT state clearly that you ARE NOT SEEKING Advice but

making a formal complaint.

Challenge LOWLIFE that you believe the searches to be vexatious and deliberately intended to damage your credit rating and that you require them to be removed immediately, inform them if they do not comply you reserve the right to take legal action to right the damage done.ie damages and costs.

It's working for me.

Good luck

Might just get a copy of my credit file to see what Mucky Hall have been doing with mine. Also DLC/Hillesdens have been known to use these same tactics to mess up credit ratings.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Hi Uncle B the EXPERT OPINION I have been given is 1 search ok 2 maybe to trace previous addresses any more made by the same company cannot be considered fair or reasonable especially 2 0r more in one day or on consecutive days in one week.

Take careful note of which category you have been searched on as even the so called non affecting searches WILL affect your credit report if there is many of them.This is particularly relevant with the Equifax format or report.

Shame they give up so easily really. Be nice to have a proper fight with one of them and get them a proper slapping by a judge. Not to mention them being out of pocket when they have to get the cheque book out. :D

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

That's a start. But removing them doesn't change the fact that they were added in the first place. Vexatiously. I think they'll have to demonstrate to TS that this is not a normal practice (when clearly it is).

I'm not sure how long these search request appear or have an effect on your credit report . I know back in 2007, robinson way did the same thing to me , with multiple credit searches on me after I declined to pay them a statute barred debt . I applied for a credit report in 2010 and those searches were no longer apparant . I suppose they are used for short term detractions to your credit rating ?

I just had a look at my Equifax Credit Report and found 14 searches by Mucky Hall on my report. Several were twice in the same day. 7 of the searches were registered under my previous address (which i left 3 years ago) and the rest are under my current address.

I have had a few letters from Mucky Hall but i ignored them.I am sending them the Prove It letter tomorrow. They have also sent 2 text messages to my mobile phone asking me to contact Phil at Mackenzie Hall with a reference number.

What i want to know is who exactly i report them to. I will need email addresses of all the people i need to complain to. Thanks in advance.

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

Please report this to OFT. Kilmarnock trading standards Mr,Alan Stewart is already investigating them on my 12 searches.

I spoke with the Information commissioners office yesterday I am sure they will be very interested.

Look Trading standards on the net Kilmarnock is on there the will take A COMPLAINT ON THE PHONE UNLIKE MOST THEN SEND THEM ALL ENTRIES ON YOUR REPORT RD.WITH COVERING LETTER OUTLINING YOUR COMPLAINT. PLS.POST HERE IF YOU NEED FURTHER INFO.

I am trying to send an email to East Ayrshire Trading Standards but i keep getting a message saying that the delivery failed so i will just give them a call instead and follow it up in writing.

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

Looks like you're not the only ones, both Lowell and Black Horse have both looked at mine in the past few months. Lowell I can possibly understand as they're chasing me for a credit card debt that's 50% charges against an account in dispute. Black Horse though....never even banked with them, taken out a credit card etc etc so WHY?

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D

Lowell has carried out 10 on my report sometimes twice in one day as did Muck H. I don'have any liability to either mob.

I firmly believe all the DCA's do this to mess with your credit rating.

I have reported this to every body who might be interested.