Hillsden Securities/DLC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5063 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

Hillsden Securities are claiming to have bought a credit card debt from Virgin Money (MBNA). In October last year I made a CCA request...to date nothing! In Feb of this year I asked for a copy of the Deed of Assisgnment (Absolute). What they sent me is a generic agreement between MBNA and them - absolutlely no reference in it to any individual account - the claimed to send anything else would be commercially sensitive - i.e. the bought the account for peanuts. As no CCA - I have ignored all the letters - though recently they offered me a 50% settlement figure.

Is this a last act of desperation on their behalf? - I am reckoning no CCA exists. They are reporting to my credit file. CreditExpert will do nothing (they say they reley on info from their client which they are assured is correct). I am going to write to Hillsden - follwing that would it be a complint to info commissioner?

well did you have the money in the first place?

trouble with the un-en CCa 'dodge' is it just makes it unenforceable in a court of law...the debt still exists.

the OFT and the FOS are both on record as saying they consider it 'fair' to continue reporting to cra's.

pers, i think your only way out is to offer a very low F&F to finally close the matter & remove all bad info too.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

what with 8000+ posts!

sadly if the debt is yours and you had the money than that is the answer as to which way to go

cag is not here to assist in helping people in debt avoidance its about consumer rights.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i also notice you've been told this threetimes on diff threads about the same debt....

the bottom line is....

if you had the money,

then you are going to get away lightly,

simply 6yrs of bad credit ratings.

then its gone.

for good.

if with this and any other of the debts i see you have threads on too the only sure way early of 6yrs to clear your CRA record, it to do what you have done

let it be sold to a dca

then offer a very low F&F

to settle the debt

and make it a CONDITION of the F&F that ALL bad info is removed from your file.

if they won't or say it will be markd as settled

then TBH i'd not give them a bean

then just sit back and pray an enforceable CCA don't appear!:D

and they

With greatest respect to you - you have no idea of my personal circumstances. I am perfectly aware of full and final settlements - and trust me if I had the money I would!! However, if there are loop holes then they are there to be exploited!! I agree it is about consumer rights - thanks for your advice and understand it is probably given with the best intentions. However, many of the posts on here are about 'loopholes' and consumers have every right to exploit them if they are there - I for one certainly have no morals about it as they DCAs certianly don't!!

then what you are suffering is the best result you will get without an F&F..

you won't find one result on here where defaults are removed just because a dca/OC has no valid CCA and 'whomever' authority tells them to remove them if the debt is in your name,

if the debt is not in your name then it wouldn't of got that far.

as for your pers circumstances - just a quick list of threads indicates enough, you're up the creek like the rest of us or you wouldn't be meeting these co's.

save your time/postage & frustration trying to get defaults etc removed

just ignore letters etc once the debts are sold.

go back and enjoy life with your family.

dx

and they