style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4020 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I am wondering if Bankruptcy is the way to go. I currently have about £15000 in unsecured debt and a mortgage with my ex who is still living in the house while I rent elsewhere. The house has a mortgage which is interest only and the mortgage is for approx £105000, there is also a loan secured on the property which is approx £2000 in arrears. The loan amount is £16000. I would say the house is currently worth approx £120000.

Would anyone be able to advise what would happen to the house if I was to declare myself bankrupt as I am at my wits end and am unable to cope. My daughter is also living in the house with my ex if that makes any difference.

Any advice welcomed please...

TezViper

I give advice not as an expert on law, only as a guy who succesfully claimed back £3385 from The Halifax. Followed by another £2611.

Lloyds TSB settled in full before hearing

Cap One offered full settlement and default removed.

If I help in any way then please donate to the site when you are succesful

i'd have a word with CCCs or payplan first

discuss options

then decide

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If the property is still in your name, it would be treated and declared in bankruptcy. It is ultimately up to the Official Receiver in bankruptcy how he treats your property, and with you not living there, and you having a daughter there, they may look fondly on this, however the property would still be at risk in bankruptcy. The only option would be for your ex to buy you out of your property and then go bankrupt, for it not to affect her and your daughter.

As above, there are alternatives to bankruptcy such as the DMPs and IVAs? Have you looked into these