County Court claim form....HELP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5056 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys, I'm new to this site having been directed here as there is a wealth of knowledge.

I'm finding I'm not getting very far due to an overload on my already stressed mind, so PLEASE forgive me if this is easy to find or 'run of the mill' etc.

I'm not daft so I'm sure as the days go by I'll become more familiar with the terms etc and how this site operates.

Heres a brief overview of the what the problem is: (I had put this on another site so it a couple of days old now).

Ive been in a debt management plan with CCCS for two years now, other than a few letters from my creditors, all has been well. I've increased my monthly payments three times when I received a pay rise...one debt has actually been paid off and several are nearing the end.

Today (4th June), imagine my horror when a County Court claim form dropped through the letter box from RBS trading as Lombard.

This was one of two larger debts.

When we first started the plan, RBS and Nat West refused a CVA...as the two largest debts I had no option but to go with a DMP.

I missed ONE full payment (making a token payment on advice of CCCS) as the DMP was being set up.

Reading other sites it appears RBS will be doing this to 'prioritise' their debt in case I default (I havent done in two years, so why would I now?).

My question is in relation to the claim form.

The initial loan was for £24500 paid over 84 months. Add £5781.16 interest making monthly payments of £360.49.

According to RBS I have paid £12652.86 to date.

So by my calculation this is 24500+ 5781.16 = £30281.16

£30281.16 - £12652.16 = £17628.30 outstanding balance.

Now, on the claim form front page it says:

Amount claimed £17668.30

Court fee £ 360.00

Solicitor fee £ 100.00

Total amount £ 18128.30

A discrepency appears between the oustanding balance (£17628.30) and the amount claimed (£17668.30).

Now reading the claim form further it says date of service 7th June 2010....I received it today....4th June 2010 !!!

Reading further still....on the 'Particulars of claim' it has the above figures about the original loan etc.

It says I have defaulted on £9455.12

then

at point 8 it says: There is now due and owing to the claimant £1766.30 calculated as the current balance as at 28th May 2010.

So , do I owe £1766.30? OR

£17668.30

None of the figures add up and I would assume this is a legal document....if I contested the figures what would happen?

I cant afford a solicitor so any advice would be VERY helpful.

So there we go.

What do I do?

PS If you got this far, thankyou. Gary

The court will allow small discrepancies in the amounts claimed for. Almost 16,000 is not a small discrepancy and I would seek confirmation of the ammount owed. However they will probably come back with the larger amount.

So you think I should inform them of THEIR mistake?

What do I do in relation to the Court papers though? Do I contest the amount?

I don't know what I should do first.

Anybody else got an idea about this?

You will need to respond to their County Court Summons. Probably the best course of action is to defend all as this gives you more time to manoevre - and you can change your mind later if you wish.

You will need to get copies of the documents they are going to rely on in court - which you can post up here minus the personal bits. Then ask for comments/help as how best to proceed.

So send the solicitors who issued the Summons a CPR 31.14 request. To find examples use the search box - there are plenty of examples about.

To the original creditor send a SAR with £10 - that should reveal all documentation the original creditor has on you.

It is recommended you do not sign these with a normal signature.

I'm sure you will get loads more help as you go along.

Hi and welcome to CAG.

You also need to read the 2 stickies by pt2537 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/241827-legal-action-how-start.html and http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/159445-getting-them-reveal-their.html as these will help you to make more informed decisions.

Minus any identifying details, what do the POC say? Was the claim issued from Northampton? If it was from Northampton you can acknowledge service etc online. Do not miss any deadlines ot they can will by default.

Claim was from Chester County Court.

I'm going to work now (the beauty of shifts !!!).

I'll put up the POC when I get home later.

I've had a lengthy conversation with CCCS.

Their advice....don't defend the claim. Admit to it in full, then at a later stage, I can ask for a hearing and (she said) the Judge will agree with me !

I'm not sure that right so I have asked for ALL payment records via CCCS to be forwarded to me and have sent my requests for disclosure and CCA. Though time is running out for my reply.

Should I just contest the whole amount initially? If I do change my plea later will teh Judge take a dim view of it?

CCCS are OK in negotiating with creditors but are IMHO pretty useless at giving legal advice - remember they are funded by the very leeches that suck us dry.

Defend in full. You can always admit everything later if you find you do not have a leg to stand on. Wait and see what documents you get. If everything is cut and dried and hunky dory then you can negotiate your payments etc. It would be very unusual for all the documentation to be in order and air tight.

The judge will hardly take a dim view of anything at this stage - you do not have to submit a defence yet. But you MUST acknowledge the claim before the deadline otherwise the other side will get judgement by default.

There is no way of knowing yet what tack to take until you have the docs they are going to rely on - hence the CPR 31.14 request which you should get off ASAP and Send Recorded Delivery. Keep a note of dates and deadlines and you won't get caught on the hop.

I have been very busy so not had time to post. Sorry.

No other documents were sent with the claim form.

All documents have been replied too or applied for, so now I'm awaiting the response of the solicitor acting for RBS.....to se what their case is based on.

Just one thing, on the acknowlegement for the claim it asks if I want to 'contest jurisdiction'. Is this to move the case to a local Court? or should I ignore that?