Halifax and Notice of Legal Action

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4908 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Thanks for that andy. Strange thing arrived through the post today. A credit card statement for this account, but it was terminated last November. Any Ideas ?

Not had one all year then this

Also it includes £300 court charges

When was the statement made up to ? I agree with AO, unless there is something hinky going on.. no judgment has been made yet ... so how can they say you owe them court costs ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, As far as I can see it says cc statement 5th Oct and says payment due 1/11/2010 for full amount. No new tranactions and no interest.

It also has B1 after my acc number for some reason.

Total due is balance + £300 which they are trying to claim in court costs.

Hi, Had another letter today from the idiots saying they advise me that they have now obtained judgement and the sum is payable forthwith.

It goes on to say if I do not pay under the terms of the judgement they might go for a charging order, attachment of earnings or warrant of execution.

Are they for real ? Think they should reply to my defence first !

Wow they have been busy all that achieved in 11 days and without your involvement:madgrin:

So in theory by the time you get your AQ they will have gained a Charging Order and sought application for the sale of your home:lol:

Issa Issa baby.

Regards Mev

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Not heard anything back from the idiots, defence was filed 1/10/10. I know they have 28 days to reply to my defence, but that would take it to 28/10/10. How will I know if the case has been stayed ?

Thanks

Ring Northampton and request the status.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Just a quick update. Received a letter today from idiots stating the following.

Dear Sir/Madam

As you are aware we have commenced legal action under claim number xxxxxxxx. After careful consideration, we have decided not to pursue the matter through the court system. Although we shall no longer pursue you for the balance outstanding on the account, please note this does not diminish your liability for the debt.

We trust this brings the matter to a satisfactory close.

yours faithfully

Idiots

Well would you class this as a win situation ? Comments appreciated

Hi Mevs on receipt and conformation of the NoD you now need to prepare a wasted costs order in your favor.

Regards

Andy

Hi, Did try ringing Northampton a few times last week, was waiting from 18th in a que when I got to 1st after 30 mins the phone just went dead. Will have to try again next week. I was ringing because I filed my defence in the beginning of october and as yet I have not received AQ. Obviously this is now past the 28 days in which they had to reply to my defence.

I must try again next week. Who would issue the NOD, would it be Northampton ?

Thanks again for all the replies

Well, time researching your case and the law on CAG, time writing letters, paper, stamps, time walking to the postbox... anything you’ve incurred defending yourdelf. Like your last posting... call it ‘research’. You are an LiP, so would be expected to have to research the law.

Originally Posted by andyorch viewpost-right.png

IN THE xxx county court

link3.gif

B E T W E E N:

Claimant

-and-

Defendant

DEFENDANT’S BILL OF COSTS

The Claimant commenced proceedings in relation to an agreement regulated under The

Consumer Credit Act 1974.. The proceedings

constituted relitigation and were an abuse of process. The proceedings were defended and

the Defendant applied to the court for an order that the proceedings be struck out.

At all times the Defendant was a Litigant in Person within the meaning of Litigants in Person

(Costs and Expenses) Act 1975 and time spent by the Defendant is charged herein at an

hourly rate of £9.25.

The nature of the case being one of relitigation required the Defendant to spend time in

locating and examining the documents and other papers which related to the proceedings

The Defendant was obliged to spend time in considering and understanding numerous strands

of law including the law of consumer credit, the law of limitation and practice and procedure in

the county courtlink3.gif which he achieved through internet and library research.

The Defendant was obliged to spend time in drawing his defence and application to strike out

in a way which complied with the relevant rules and practice directions of the CPR.

The following is a statement of the work done in the course of the proceedings. Where there is

a charge for time spent, the amount of time recorded as spent represents the Defendants fair

estimate of the amount of time spent by him

Claimed (£)

1 Date

Particulars of claim

2 Date

Acknowledgement of Service

3 Date

Defence

4 Date

Defendant's Notice of Application

to strike out

PAID: court Fee £75.00

5 Date

Hearing of Defendnt's application (vacated)

6 Work Done

Receiving and considering the Claim Form and Particulars of

Claim (3 hrs) £27.75

Acknowledgement of Service (1 hrs) £9.25

Research regarding consumer credit law, law of limitation

law regarding relitigation (15 hrs)

Preparing Defence (4 hrs)

Preparing application noticelink3.gif (4 hrs)

Research regarding CPR

Research regarding detailed Costs

Preparing bill of costs

time spent in telephone callslink3.gif, letters and emails

written and received (4 hrs)

Summary

Costs payable by the Claimant

Disbursements (court fee) £75.00

Total costs payable by the Defendant £

Dated:

Signed:

Regards

Andy

Hi, Finally got through to Northampton and they say they have recieved Nod. I asked them if I will also receive a NoD and they said the letter I recieved in post #83 would class as notice of discontinuation.

Just need to start a wasted costs order as per andy's post ;)

thanks again everyone