Manufacturer's 3 year warranty

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5040 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

About 2 years ago I purchased an piece of computer networking equipment, aimed at the domestic market. On the packaging/in the instructions it clearly mentions a 3 year warranty. Said equipment is now faulty, after initially working correctly.

Firstly I emailed the manufacturer to ask their returns procedure, thinking that they would deal with it directly. But their reply back was that all their RMA cases are transacted via the dealer/distributor (presumably they mean the company that I purchased from).

So I've also emailed the supplier, who have replied to say that the warranty is directly with the manufacturer (as it is over 1 year old). I've sent another email to the manufacturer to explain the supplier's refusal to get involved, and asking how I should procede.

My understanding was that the retailer has to support the product for the first year, under the statutory guarantee. If (as in this case), the manufacturer offers a longer warranty period, that is the responsibility of the manufacturer to support direct?

If the guarantee is by the manufacturer, then it is up to them to sort it.

Any dealing with the seller would have to be under the soga regulations and that means you would have to show that the fault was there when you purchased it.

So email the company again and tell them this is a claim under 'their' 3 year warranty and not soga.

your beef is with the supplier under SOGA.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well it went faulty within 30 days of first being used. I just never got around to persuing it until now. Of course, I can't prove that, even though it points to a manufacturing fault.

So who is best to chase up from here - at the moment I have reached a stalemate as both the manufacturer and retailer are pointing the finger at each other.

its the retailer you need to pressure

its IS their pigeon

go up on the comsumer direct site.

SOGA says it must last a 'resonable time'

2yrs is not resonable for a 'router' or wHY:

ps i'm in that field whats the fault and what is it.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ASs the manufacturer has given a 3 year warranty and it is now over 2 years old, I would have gone for the maker as that should have made it easy. As they are denying any responsibility, then yes it is up to the seller and that is who you should chase.

According to what does it follow that the manufacturers "are denying any responsibility"?

According to the original posting "all their RMA cases are transacted via the dealer/distributor" which is clear enough and fair enough. It would then be for the supplier of the goods to chase the manufacturer.

It is in any case unhelpful to suppose that a guarantee is separate to or in some way an alternative to the Sale of Goods Act. To the contrary, a guarantee is per se a significant part of the description the goods which the SOGA therefore relates to.

The upshot is thus that the retailer needs to awakened to the fact that rather than avoid an involvement, his avoidance of a responsibility involves him all the more by inviting the charge of a criminal offence, which is not at all so difficult to deal with so long as the consumer knows his rights and is confident about it. In so far as what the buyer tells us here describes a misleading commercial practice the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 apply.

:shock:

ps i'm in that field whats the fault and what is it.

dx

It's a Devolo dLan duo (ethernet over mains adaptor). Some lights come on but it doesn't communicate either with other devolos or the PC setup software via ethernet cable. It worked for about a month after it was installed, then went kaput for no apparent reason.

Pretty sure only the manufacturer will be able to fix it.

The good news is that Devolo have agreed to issue an RMA for it, on the grounds that I send it to their Germany address, which is fine by me.

ok well clear case then.

dx

and they