Wimpawipa vs HSBC

wimpawipa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am in the middle of downloading my statements from HSBC website. In one year on one account I calculated £850 worth of charges without interest. Havent quite worked out how this works yet. Can I claim all the interest back, or only interest they have charged me whilst I was over my o/d limit. I have been charged £250 in one month for two accounts. Good luck to everyone out there. :)

You can only cliam the interest that has been applied to the charges. After a few years this can work out that you are claiming back all the interest. eg. If you where overdrawn by 300 and you only have charges of 100 then you can only claim about 1/3 of the interest. If you have charges of 300 or over you could claim back the full interest.

Hope this helps.

HSBC

11/08/06 - Data Protection Act request at branch

14/08/06 - Prelim email sent to HSBC for £2589.06

15/08/06 - Parachute account received

28/08/06 - LBA email sent to HSBC

27/09/06 - MCOL Issued £3046.23

24/10/06 - Received full offer of £3046.23

27/10/06 - Reveived full payment of £3046.23

good luck

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

Told to send DPA as well by a gold account member, just in case they have sent me charges or letters I forgot about. I wasnt going to personally. I only sent letter on monday, they got it tuesday, coming home from work at 1430 expecting to find letters from them. Lol. They wont be that quick.

Yeh rings bells. Good Luck with LBA. Your money will be with you soon.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

• 2 weeks later...

Offer letter today! Had reply off HSBC today. They offered £1620 instead of £1796. Didnt think they would reply to be honest. They had till next Tuesday. Didnt think they would offer as much as they did. The letter issigned Colin Langdale, he says they feel confident if I dont accept this offer as full and final settlement, that they would win in court. Would you settle if you were me??????:o

Help anyone!!! Was thinking of accepting their offer, checked online statement and they are c. harging £125 next month so sod them. What do I do with their offer??? Do I accept as part payment send letter back and continue with my deadline on Tuesday. Any help much appreciated

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all. HSBC acknowledged the claim, there is a tick in the Defend Claim box. Do they have 28 days from the day it was served or from when they acknowledged. Can I ask for a cheque ?? I have 2 authorised overdrafts of £1000 each, can they insist on putting money back in the accounts overdrawn?? Thanks all

they can try to pay it into those accounts but you can request it comes in a cheque. they will be eager to get rid of you whilst avoiding court so if u sound definate, they wont be too difficult. you are the one with all the aces, not them so give them YOUR terms and ignore theirs!

28 days from when acknowledged i believe

they may be difficult and say they are withdrawing your overdrafts but i would insist they put in writing why they are doing this (because they r spiteful!!) and fight them on it. promise to go to papers etc. might not help but would feel good lol

Kaz :)

HSBC

claiming £2749 (£3400 with court cost & 8%)

mcol acknowledge 25/09/06

DG requested breakdown 5/10/06

Breakdown sent to DG 12/10/06

Yes Car Credit/Direct Auto Finance

CCA request sent 18/10/06

Whilst my aim is to be helpful, its reasonable to assume I am not a professional and am (dare I say) not always right. Seek professional help if in doubt

:-D

:lol: If i have intentionally or accidently said something of relevance or use to you, please click the scales:lol:

"A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain". - Robert Frost