Jim Riddles Claim

jim40031
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6527 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is for my wifes Nat West Account. My personal Barclays one will be added very soon.

I sent off "List of Charges" request letter on 11th March, no cost involved.

Huge lump arrived in the post on 23rd March. Very Good so far. Thankyou Nat West

Worked out that she has paid £1098 in Unpaid DD, going over Overdraft and Referal fee's.

I am sending "Preliminary Approach for Repayment" in the post today (27th March).

I will update as soon as replies are heard.

One question though, this Nat West Action Group site doesnt seem to have many successful claims, whereas Barclays Group Site seems to have lots more good news. Are Nat West taking a completely different view on these charge repayments ???

No, it's just that we're still new... It's taken me the full 40 days to get my info, and I have just issued a claim. Then, they'll have 3 weeks to respond... It just depends, some cave in faster than others, and Barclays seem to give in quicker, that's all. NWB seem intent on dragging their feet. (so what's new)

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for being so slow in my updates but here goes :-

Receieved letter from Doug Barker (Customer Care Team) (31st MArch) noting that the Bank believes the charges are fair, reasonable and transparent. etc etc etc

According to him/the bank, teh charges that have been applied teh the account must stand.

He trusts that they have now resolved my concern.

Oh well, he seems to have got it all wrong.

I waited for my deadline to expire, and delivered the slightly enhanced LBA to the Branch on the 10th April.

If I dont get the offer of a full refund (with no strings attached) I will proceed to making my claim to court on the 25th April.

• 4 weeks later...

jUST A QUICK QUESTION TO YOU ALL.

Does anyone know if what Natwest describe to be a Unnarranged Borrowing Fee (which is something that seems to be chargeable for a period rather than for a one off event) is available to be re-claimed ?

Thansk in advance.

Jim

Sorry just another quickie to add to my last question.

Do I add what Nat west describe as "Charges 06OCT A/C (My Account Number)" This was under the date 31OCT2002. I notice that on teh 04 OCT 2002 there was Cashback of £1.42 at a Tesco store and £5.00 was withdrawn from my account, maybe thats what they are charging me for but it seems a bit odd.

There are lots of similiar items, some where there seems to be no activity at all on teh given date or just normal straightforward transactions, teh 1st was for 5.65 then most of them seem to be for 6.00 but I see another in April 2003 for £20.00. They dont seem to make sense.

Any assistance heer would be greatly aprreciated.

Jim

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All its the 12th of June today and I have still heard nothing from Nat West. Has anybody any idea as to how long I wait before requesting the court to do something about it, or how long it usually takes for the bank to send the cheque ?

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6527 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks