• Tweets

• Post the NTK up here for the regulars to double-check. I highly doubt it's compliant with POFA though. Ignore the deforestation that comes unless it's ever a letter of claim. Any luck with the organ grinder?
    • Probably the case @lookinforinfo Also an update, I've got the registered keeper letter. Just to check that I continue to ignore it until PAP letter comes in?
    • Thanks very much Bank. I've now done a lot of reading and have drafted my Letter of Claim as attached. I look forward to your comments. 16Apr24 draft Letter of Claim against Parcel2Go.pdf16Apr24 draft Letter of Claim against Parcel2Go.pdf16Apr24 draft Letter of Claim against Parcel2Go.pdf
    • ive already CAREFULLY explained how it all works earlier. what you will have to pay is already preset and detailed on the court forms/TfL stuff you already have. you wont be asked any questions upon your financial means etc. thats not under debate . you wont be asked upon any mitigating circumstances, you have pleaded guity which you always SHOULD.  the ONLY 2 reasons you are attending is to: 1) after finding the TfL prosecutor... plead directly face to face before you go in to try and get an OOC (you can bring up or say anything/everything you like ...anything that might get them to agree) 2) if 1 fails...show your genuine remorse face to face to the magistrate, BRIEFLY mention how a criminal record would hinder your future then hope they take pity on you and dont also record this on your file.  PS its only declarable/shows there for one year anyway. regardless to what an employer might ask in job questionnaires past 1yrs you forget about it. they cannot see it even on enhanced DBS etc etc. you should not latterly ever appeal a criminal record for this type (1yrs)  of 'offence' its not worth it and if you lose said appeal it will cost your dear in terms of additional wages grabbing and court fees. and extends the time it shows if you lose too. dx  
    • hit letter of claim follow post 2 despite repeated requests, the claimant has failed to produce any enforceable paperwork.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Northern Rock

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi that is not unusual , read the FAQ's and just continue at your pace.sticking to the time limits you set them.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

• 4 weeks later...

I sent my letter before action to the Northern Rock on March 30th. I received a reply, neatly timed to arrive the day before I had said I would make a claim, basically full of legal waffle about my not having been 'concise in detail', saying that the regime of fees is 'unlawful at common law, statute and recent consumer regulations without identifying the common law,statute and consumer regulations I seek to rely on', and advising me to seek legal advice. Adding near the end 'In the event that proceedings are issued without your having provided a substantive response, Northern Rock plc reserves the right to bring it's letters and your failure to respond to the attention of the court in relation to it's costs.'

I would have posted sooner to ask the advice of those who know more of this than I, but my computer packed up and I only got it back today.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got the same letter this morning asking for further info on the laws i quote and that if before court they await my substative responce or they will use it against me in court.

the letter says they wont refund the charges. they had my LBA a week ago which they quote. should i reply to them with more info, leave it or proceed with a claim straight away?

Halifax WON X 2, Northern Rock WON, Capital One WON, Marbles WON, HSBC WON

On the 25th october I will be filing a claim for £175.00 Citicards. Just watch it!

The letter from northern cock said no refund would be forthcoming. they want further info from me before court.

as they do not intend to make a payment, they will not contact me again before Friday, so what would be wrong in issuing the claim now? they ignored by first letter for 3 weeks and in their letter, acknowledge receipt of both. so in the eyes of the law, they have head since 12th june.

it couldnt harm it doing the money claim now could it?

On the 25th october I will be filing a claim for £175.00 Citicards. Just watch it!

Claim Issued 04/07/2006 For £293.85 - Northern Rock - Claim Number 6qz43613

If they've refused your claim after the LBA, you're fine to proceed with moneyclaim. You've given them plenty of time o consider it and to comply.

Yorkshire Bank £4697 Settled in full:D

Bank of Ireland Mortgages £1055 + Interests + costs Settled in full

MSDW £495 Settled in full

• 2 weeks later...
I hope that you are contuing with you claim!

Their letter is just another tatic to put you off. PLEASE don't allow them to do that. It's your money, they acted unlawfully - so now they have to give it back.

I ended up not making a claim as I could not afford the court fees to start one. I have since found out that as I am on working tax credit I don't have to pay said fees. Would I need to start the whole process again from the preliminary letter or should I just bung a claim in? The LBA says within 14 days but it's way past that now.

I ended up not making a claim as I could not afford the court fees to start one. I have since found out that as I am on working tax credit I don't have to pay said fees. Would I need to start the whole process again from the preliminary letter or should I just bung a claim in? The LBA says within 14 days but it's way past that now.

I wouldn't think there is a problem starting the claim now. They most likely think they have scared you off. If anything, they have been given an even longer and more reasonable amount of time to consider their position. I would get the claim started soon as possible, since you are exempt from the court fee, the only thing you have to lose is a little time imho!

• 2 weeks later...

they do, I must look a fool keep calling them every day to check my balance and make sure my £1.33 is still in there.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm interested in this one too. Sent SAR letter to them on Friday gone. I reckon they owe me at least £1,300 excluding interest and that's without having all my statements to hand.

P.

Northern Rock; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered. Recieved details of 6 yrs charges on 8th. Wrote back asking whether or not they hold information going back further than that.

MBNA; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06

Barclays; S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request sent 11/8/06 - Del 14/8/06

Diners Club; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06. Recieved form to fill and return with fee on 17/8/06. Sent form back, delivered 4/9/06.

Intelligent Finance; Prelim letter emailed 16/08/06, claiming £318. Email recieved from "Anne-Marie" 17/8/06 saying my email has been passed to Customer Relations dept. Fob-off letter received 23/8/06, letter sent in return same day - Delivered 24/8/6 Recieved letter offer 25% settelement - refused - LBA sent. MCOL on 10th revcieved notification that they intend to defend on 13th. 06/9/2006 WON!!!!!!

Soz that I've not posted for yonks dudes, deaded computer, now nice and speedy courtesy of the nice folks at Capital One Bank (Europe)plc.

Northern Rock sent me a cheque this morning for £1155.56. According to their letter this represents the total amount claimed plus 29 days interest at 0.29 p. However the total amount claimed was actually £1440.48, they seem to have 'lost' £300 quid.

• 1 month later...

Well, I had the neck for owt but soap and wrote to the Northern Rock informing them that almost £300 had disappeared into thin air. Just to be sure I also put in a claim at the court for the missing sum. They sent the cheque before they were even informed of the claim so I told the court and the matter is now closed.

OR IS IT?

I heard nothing from them after they settled the rest of the claim on August 29th. They did not threaten to close my account. I tried very hard to not go over my £35 buffer zone limit, but due to a cock up at work concerning my wages I wound up being unable not to. It seems I was charged the 'Authorised Overdraft' fee of £7 for those occasions, even though I have no authorised overdraft facility.

I thought it best to apply for one, as I've been told I may not get paid until the end of November. I had to stand at the counter and tell the teller how much I wanted an overdraft of and why, in front of other customers. I received a letter on Friday 13th saying that they had consulted a credit reference agency and would not give me an overdraft due to the information held.

On Saturday 14th I recieved a letter and a form to fill in saying if I don't return the form withing 30 days agreeing that they can rob me blind as they see fit, they will close my account.

An abusive relationship left me in deep financial crap which 6 years hence I am still trying to extricate myself from. It seems that once they knew I needed an overdraft and would not get an account anywhere else because of my financial situation, they moved in for the kill. For years they allowed me to exceed my overdraft and charged me between £20 and £28 for doing so. Occasionally, just for fun and without warning, they would decide to bounce things that they had previously paid and charge me £30 for each of those. It was always repaid as every penny I have goes through that account. I am a single mother trying to make ends meet as best I can. My record at their bank shows that I have always repaid anything I have borrowed, authorised or not, for a number of years.

I feel like just handing the keys for the house back to the damn bank and giving up. If I sign this, they can screw me for charges til they have back every penny they repaid me and more. If I don't, all I have is a basic account with the Abbey and an inability to pay the bills for basic necessities.

Way to treat a customer of around 16 years Northern Rock.

Well, I had the neck for owt but soap and wrote to the Northern Rock informing them that almost £300 had disappeared into thin air. Just to be sure I also put in a claim at the court for the missing sum. They sent the cheque before they were even informed of the claim so I told the court and the matter is now closed.

OR IS IT?

I heard nothing from them after they settled the rest of the claim on August 29th. They did not threaten to close my account. I tried very hard to not go over my £35 buffer zone limit, but due to a cock up at work concerning my wages I wound up being unable not to. It seems I was charged the 'Authorised Overdraft' fee of £7 for those occasions, even though I have no authorised overdraft facility.

I thought it best to apply for one, as I've been told I may not get paid until the end of November. I had to stand at the counter and tell the teller how much I wanted an overdraft of and why, in front of other customers. I received a letter on Friday 13th saying that they had consulted a credit reference agency and would not give me an overdraft due to the information held.

On Saturday 14th I recieved a letter and a form to fill in saying if I don't return the form withing 30 days agreeing that they can rob me blind as they see fit, they will close my account.

An abusive relationship left me in deep financial crap which 6 years hence I am still trying to extricate myself from. It seems that once they knew I needed an overdraft and would not get an account anywhere else because of my financial situation, they moved in for the kill. For years they allowed me to exceed my overdraft and charged me between £20 and £28 for doing so. Occasionally, just for fun and without warning, they would decide to bounce things that they had previously paid and charge me £30 for each of those. It was always repaid as every penny I have goes through that account. I am a single mother trying to make ends meet as best I can. My record at their bank shows that I have always repaid anything I have borrowed, authorised or not, for a number of years.

I feel like just handing the keys for the house back to the damn bank and giving up. If I sign this, they can screw me for charges til they have back every penny they repaid me and more. If I don't, all I have is a basic account with the Abbey and an inability to pay the bills for basic necessities.

Way to treat a customer of around 16 years Northern Rock.

The other half also got one these letters today. I think you need to take a step back and look at this situation. What does the NR offer you? An account that without an overdraft (and I assume a debit card). Move on. Get a natwest step account. Debit card and direct debits are not a prob. Try A & L. Opended a basic account, did nothing with it and 3 months later they sent me a cheque guarentee card.

I implore you to move on. The sooner you do the better. Plenty of banks out there ;)

• 3 months later...

In case anyone else needs to know the Rock's MO. I signed their form and returned it to say I would accept their charges until I could sort out another account, which I did. As soon as I began transferring stuff to the other account I got a letter from the Rock saying I had not returned their form agreeing to their charges within the required 30 days and so they were reducing my account to basic status, ie no £35 fee free buffer zone.

So, as I now have a letter saying I did not agree to their charges I am reclaiming a further £84 in unauthorised OD charges and £14 in charges for an authorised OD that they refused to give me. Bollocks to 'em!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks