Nationwide Court letter...questions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5063 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The claim for the debt to Nationwide arrived yesterday, can anyone answer the following please?

Does all correspondance have to go through the court now or can I still write to nationwide?

They offered me a settlement of approx 50% a couple of weeks ago and it because of my late response to this that they have issued court proceedings, do I accept this offer or am I likely to be too late?

Do I dispute just part of the debt because they were happy to accept the 50% and put that on the court forms?

Can nationwide withdraw the court issue if they want to if i agree an acceptable offer to them?

can anyone offer any advice or guidance please...trust me its much needed :confused:

thank you

mm

this needs moving to the legal section

hit the red triangle and ask the site team to move it

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ah! just make sure that you do as dx100uk said :)

Be careful about settlements! it's best to get some advice. Sometimes they'll give you only a couple of a weeks before they demand the rest.

yes

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The claim for the debt to Nationwide arrived yesterday, can anyone answer the following please?

Does all correspondance have to go through the court now or can I still write to nationwide?

They offered me a settlement of approx 50% a couple of weeks ago and it because of my late response to this that they have issued court proceedings, do I accept this offer or am I likely to be too late?

Do I dispute just part of the debt because they were happy to accept the 50% and put that on the court forms?

Can nationwide withdraw the court issue if they want to if i agree an acceptable offer to them?

can anyone offer any advice or guidance please...trust me its much needed :confused:

thank you

mm

Yes NW can withdraw the claim. If you really want to accept the 50% offer and not dispute the debt then you can contact NW directly and tell them that you will pay 50% provided a Tomlin Order is drawn up to discontinue the claim. You won't get a CCJ then and the claim will disappear.

If you wnat to dispute the debt check out the stickie threads and they should tell you all you need to know!