backdoor CCJ by mullard after returning car 4 weeks ago!! **DISCONTINUED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4834 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here we go Post, here is one page of the commission from BCT to the Broker: http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww185/just_jue/bct/payment1.jpg

I would also point out that the broker did nothing all the cars he tried to get us to have were no good for us and we went to an independent dealer to buy the car.

JJ

As they are part of the commonwealth I am certain this would be the same as our laws.

English contract law is an influential body of law regulating the law of contract that operates in England and Wales. Its doctrines form the basis of contract law across the Commonwealth, including Australia, Canada, New Zealand contract law, India and South Africa, as well as the United States and the wider common law world. It also influences international law.

cab

Sorry, this is simply not correct in the slightest. Whilst it could be held as persuasive precedent whilst deciding on the interpretation etc of a law in this country, an Act created purely by the Government of a former Commonwealth country does not apply, per se, in this country.

Cheers

UF

I am rarely around these parts any more. I only stop by when something has come to my attention that has sufficiently annoyed me so as to persuade me to awake from my nap and put in my two pence.

I am a final year law student; I am NOT an expert in law. All of my posts are just my opinion. I cannot be held responsible for any outcome whatsoever resulting from any person following the opinions or information contained within my posts. Always seek professional legal advice from a qualified lawyer.

Sorry, this is simply not correct in the slightest. Whilst it could be held as persuasive precedent whilst deciding on the interpretation etc of a law in this country, an Act created purely by the Government of a former Commonwealth country does not apply, per se, in this country.

Cheers

UF

it is correct in the slightest. it is english law that forms the basis of contract law across the Commonwealth and influences international law, english courts cite other countries precedents / case law from the commonwealth. as do these countries that cite english law to achieve a precedent in the first place. dont write it off just because it was done in new zealand or south africa, as you say. civil law is all about being persuasive, "the best argument" usually wins.

cab

Ok I'm not going to get into another meaningless and, ultimately, pointless and ongoing debate on here. I'm not writing it off because it comes from another country; if you notice, I mentioned that it could be persuasive precedent.

However, is it LAW in this country? No! There may be another statute from this country that says the same things; in which case we chould find and use that. This is, of course, unless you are aware of case law that does state that this law is good for this country.

Could the foreign Act that you posted become law, through precedent, at some time in the future? Yes, of course it could.

I've had a similar discussion on a different thread and my personal view remains unchanged. I strongly believe that firstly any advice given should be with regards to what the law is, in this country, right now. Then, and only then, should we speculate about what could be used in speculative argument to change things.

You may disagree, and that's fine. I have succeeded in my aim which was to make light of the fact that the law was not UK and, thus, has no automatic effect here.

All the best

Cheers

UF

Edited by UnitedFront

I am rarely around these parts any more. I only stop by when something has come to my attention that has sufficiently annoyed me so as to persuade me to awake from my nap and put in my two pence.

I am a final year law student; I am NOT an expert in law. All of my posts are just my opinion. I cannot be held responsible for any outcome whatsoever resulting from any person following the opinions or information contained within my posts. Always seek professional legal advice from a qualified lawyer.

Hi, I seem to have ...... up a little bit, the first payment is for £240 this includes the GAP Insurance and Document fee.

But I cannot seem to work out the payments right, if someone could have a look over and see if you can work it out.

Thanks

Loan amount £2800

HP Charge £1511.72

APR 36.10%

35 payments of £119.77

1 payment of £169.77 (includes £50 purchase fee)

JJ

Hi, had a letter from the solicitor with a copy of their particulars.

Can I ask what happens now? Are a new set of court papers sent out to me as I have two weeks to submit a defence .

Still no information from the CPR request I sent (it has been over 6 weeks). On the letter the solicitor has said that his client had already sent me a statement (which I haven't received).

I have also found a letter from when I VT'd the car asking if I wished to pay a slightly smaller lump sum of pay over 2 years at 12% interest (so I would be paying interest on amount that already had interest on).

JJ