!st Credit and LCS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5059 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

last year my Son tragically died and I became the personal representative to his estate.

I was aware of debts he had in particular CashEuronet for a sum of £612.

1st credit took over the debt and during discusion suggested the debit could be settled for a smaller amount. I asked for copy statements in May of last year and left it at that.

Towards the end of 2009 with no response from 1st Credit

I placed a Trustee Act 1925 notice in the London Gazette, the statutor time expired , no creditors came forward. the act does suggest that the estate should only be concerned with those creditors who it is aware either formally or informally of any interest in the estate after that time

In June 2010 I recieved a letter from LCS acring for their "Client" 1st Credit asking if payment for the full amount could be made from his estate.

I'm in the process or putting together a letter containing the request for a copy statement made last year, emails between 1st Credit and myself and suggesting that If they want to persue the debt the must supply the signed agreement, T&C's and statement of the account.

Is my late sons estate still liable for the debt after such a delay. Are LCS really solicitors as they are not showing up at the law society , if not are they breaking OFT guidelines ???

Regards Cub

Sincere condolences on the sad loss of your son.

Only unknown creditors are excluded after the statutory period following a newspaper ad. Known creditors are supposed to be paid before the rest of the estate is disbursed and if it is disbursed before creditors are paid then the executor of the estate is liable to pay the creditors out of his own pocket. If your son died intestate ie didn't have any money, then there is no estate to pay debts from and there is nothing creditors can do about it.

You certainly want proof of the alleged debt and statements before you pay. As for LCS, sorry I cannot help there but maybe someone will come along who knows them.

My condolences on the tragic loss of your son.

I too lost a daughter several years ago, and was in a similar position with regard to debts. I could not bring myself to go through her private papers and left it to the Notice in the London Gazette. No debtors came forward, but months later my daughters' neighbour passed on several letters from catalogues who were 'getting heavy'.

I wrote a simple letter informing them of the situation and that neither I nor the Estate were in a position to make any payments either now or in the future. It was left at that.

My thoughts are with you at this sad time, as I do know how it feels.

sincere Regards

Hi

Thanks for your kind comments , I'm off to see a solicitor tomorrow ,

My own view is that although I was aware before I became Personal Rep that 1st credit purchsed a debt off CashEuronet, they were aware I was seeking probate but failed to respond to my request for information that would have put them at the top of the queue. no formal request by them was made while I was administering his estate.

Best wishes

Cub

• 2 weeks later...