7 Credit Searches done without permission

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5069 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Sending this on behalf of my sister who was thinking of purchasing a car from a used car dealer.

She rang the dealer up and expressed an interest in a particular vehicle.

The woman took her name and address and asked how she was to finance the purchase.

My sister stated that she would pay 6k cash and 3k she might finance the balance depending on what interest rates she would be offered.

Otherwise my sister had the balance in cash from her savings.

At this stage my sister Had NOT even seen the vehicle so did not even know if she was definitely going to purchase it.

She went to view the car during the week and to her horror the woman she had spoken to on the phone said that she had applied for finance with two Loan Co's but my sister had been declined.

My sister was quite annoyed as she had not authorised this woman to do loan applications and never agreed to such.

Anyway,after checking her Experian report it transpires that 7 credit searches were carried out unbeknown to my sister!

What can be done? The woman at the dealers is saying she only did two applications so why are 7 showing on Experian??:confused:

My Sister is in shock and very upset as hopes to apply for a mortgage later this year!

does no harm and they can search you sadly.

wont effect anything and i think they fall off after a few weeks

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

they stay on your report for at least 12 months and they do harm because i know someone who tried to get a mortgage and was refused because of this. Credit searches for finance which are a recorded enquiry have to be authorised by yourself before being done

Can anyone advise about how to remove these unauthorised searches from Experian?

Where does she start?

Try this...

Customer Support Centre

PO Box 8000

Nottingham

NG80 7WF

Ref: WHATEVER

DATE

Dear Sir,

Thanks for my credit report of [DATE]. It says [NAME OF COMPANY] has made searchs of my credit report but I have no record of giving permission for the search to be made.

I understand that European Directive 95/46/EC (the Data Protection Directive) states that data can only be processed when "the data subject has unambiguously given his consent".

I have no record of giving consent to any of the above searches of my credit file to be made, and it is reasonable to expect a credit reference agency to follow the appropriate diligence or care to ensure the request is lawful and genuine by asking for a copy of the consent before making entries in my credit file.

Please forward me a copy of the consent that allowed the above-named organisations or bodies to search my credit file, or in the alternative and pursuant to Section 10 of the data Protection Act, your written confirmation the searches have been permanently removed from my credit report. Please note, a court has a power to enforce compliance unless you give lawful reason why you should not comply with this request.

Yours Sincerely