Welcome and MKRR Problems

wacker

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4364 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

After hearing that Welcome is getting closed down :lol:!!!

I received a letter from a company called MKRR saying that they bought the debt from Welcome,and I was never notified of this ever happening from Welcome.

I have since received another letter from MKRR for payment or the are going take it to court and so on.

After reading into this company it seems to be a part of Welcome, My debt was taking out through car finance back in 2001 and I have not payed any money since approx 2004, which would make the debt stat bard.

Does anybody have any ideas how I should handle this?

Appreciated

I would send them a 'prove it' letter if it is in fact SB...this letter will be in the templates library

MKRR arent part of welcome from what ive heard just been set up to pick up some of their rubbish so to speak.

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Cheers for that.

Also I was going to apply for a CCA with Welcome, just to make sure my dates are correct (its been that long).

Would you or anybody else think this is a good idea ? As this is good possablity of a Stat Bard.

Cheers for that.

Also I was going to apply for a CCA with Welcome, just to make sure my dates are correct (its been that long).

Would you or anybody else think this is a good idea ? As this is good possablity of a Stat Bard.

I personally would just send the prove it letter to MK and see what happens from that, contacting welcome could stir up a whole heap of trouble and if MKRR are asking for payment it would appear welcome has sold the debt on without your knowledge anyway by sending the prove it letter they have to prove you owe the debt (preferably by cca ;) )

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool: