Kenayi v Barclays re a/c closure !!

Kenayi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5066 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Few weeks ago I called Barclays to freeze my account when i noticed a strange transaction on my account, but when my brother confessed to the act and repaid the money, i decided not to complete the inquiry form as a way of stopping the investigation (besides, i was given the option of returning a completed form to make room for proper investigation or accept responsibility). Meanwhile, i have been away for up to a month and have not been able to check the mail sent to my house.

Just this Saturday afternoon i ran out of cash and needed to withdraw £40 from my account at Milton Keynes to enable me get my new Barclays Debit card from my house in Luton. Unfortunately my request was turned down for reasons that my account had been closed.

...WHAT AN UNFAIR TREATMENT... Made me beg for cash when i have

Hi Kenayi and welcome to CAG.

I've put your post into your own thread which you can use from now on.

You should go into your branch or speak to Customer Services (good luck !!) to establish what has happened to your account and why.

They may well have closed the a/c as a precaution after you reported the strange transaction.

Tell them the matter was resolved when you identified the rogue transaction and you would now like the a/c restored or a new one opened.

It looks to me like the bank were actually trying to protect your interests after your earlier concerns, as opposed to them being unfair.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

I have called the head office complain line. The lady i spoke to did not specifically tell me why they closed my account, she only said they have reached a decision to terminate my contract and will not be able to open account with barclays in near future. She also said any money received will be return to sender as i am no longer a customer. ....Isn't that shocking?

Hi Kenayi,

Unless you want to write in seeking answers, which I doubt you'll get from Barclays, it's time to open an a/c elsewhere.

If you find other banks don't want to do this for you, check your credit records to see if any adverse data has been registered on your file.

If you want to pursue the matter, keep all communication in writing only, so you have a clear record of all that is said.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)