Income Support Compliance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3992 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - hope someone can help. I was on IS last year and while on IS I got a p/t job working 4 hours a week, I spoke with JCP about this and was advised that I could take the job without it affecting my IS. However this week I got a visit from a compliance officer saying that they were quering my IS payments (no longer on IS). they said they had data from the inland revenue that I was working while claiming IS - I said that I was and that JCP knew all about it and that I worked a couple of hours a week for a couple of months (4mths) but my employer and I fell out as she did not pay me (she eventually paid me a one off payment of £194 at the end of my employment and I had to threaten her with court action to get it). The complience officer said she would submit my statement and might not hear from them again - however she rang me three days later to say that they had been in touch with my previous employer and they claimed I worked between 6-10 hours and was paid on the 1st of every month!! - ALL LIES!!! She said she had verification of these payments - I told her the employer is lying and if she had verification then they should proceed further with the case and take appropriate action. She said, no, they could not take action against me until I provide them with my bank statements for this period showing that I did not receive payment!

I know for sure there is no money in the account and have nothing to hide but the account in question was closed by the bank over a year ago (banks decision as I fell behind with OD) and am now being quoted £15 per statement (can't afford this). My question is this - do I really have to pay out to get these statements and what would compliance do if I didn't? can't the compliance team request these statements and foot the bill? Does the burden of proof fall to me? The compliance officer also said that if the bank statements show that I only got a lump sum at the end of employment then I would only have to pay back that month's IS...however I do not see why I should as I was told by JCP that I was allowed to keep £20pw and the amount I received was less that £20pw so why do I have to pay back anything?