Sieski vs Natwest

sieski
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6434 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi just want some advice for my second letter to NatWest.

On 18-08-06 I sent the prelim letter in the libary. Amount claimed was £76. No schedule of charges needed as I have every statement for last 3 years and thats as long as I've been with them. Got letter back today 25-09-06. Seems pretty standard apart from one bit, the bit in bold. irst I'll type the letter up so you can see for yourselves

thank you for your letter of 18th august 2006 and I apologise for any dissatifaction caused by the application of charges to your account.

we believe that our charges are fair, reasonable and transparent. we consider that the amounts debited to your account have been applied with your agreement with us and our published tarrif, which we are satisfied complies with all applicable laws and regulations. we are also committed to ensuring the transparency of the information that we give our customers about the operation of our products

We have considered and responded to the OFT's statement of 5th april 06. We do not accept the OFT's findings in relation credit card fees. We are concerned that the OFT has publicaly called into question the setting of charges applied to other other products including current accounts. The OFT has restricted its investigation to credit cards and made no attempt to consult with RBS or the industry in relation to other entirely different products.

Consequently against that background we must differ with the views expressed in your letter. Despite this we have taken the opportunity to review the charges that have been applied to your account and as a exceptional matter we have agreed to refund you £76 as a gesture of good will. (1)Acceptance by you of this payment will be in full and final settlement of all claims you may have relating to our charges. how ever our T&C's will continue to apply and any charges that accure in the future must stand. if you agree to accept our offer on this basis, please sign and return this in the enclosed prepaid envelope. once returned arrangements will be made immediately to credit you account

how ever our T&C's will continue to apply and any charges in the future must stand. thank you again for taking the trouble to write and i hope that your concern is resolved to your satisfaction

Branch manager

(1) They offer me my money in full as long as I sign my rights away. LMAO yeah right. Do I send the second letter back, or does it need a alteration to request no terms attacted to settlment? Also I forgot to claim for 2 other charges as I wrote the letter at some untimely hour in the morning and just forgot to list all the charges duh. So I would like to finish this one off and go for the other 2 after.

I did ask for a £50 over draft 2 months ago. I got refused because they couldn't offer me a current account and step accounts don't offer any credit products. Now I wouldn't of had a unpaid DD problem if I had this service. I would like to try and use this situation as a leverage point in getting an overdraft for £100 to avoid furter situations.

To sum up I would like to ask if the stand second letter is the one to send back or does it need to be altered? and secondly anyone word part of the letter to ask for an overdraft stating I've already asked for one and if i had one it could stop any further problems.

Thanks for your help, Simon

Guest NATTIE

If you have been offered a full settlement then you accept althought you also have to write back and state that this is a full settlement on the claim but you do not accept any other terms of the offer, re confidentiality, re your right to claim charges in the furture etc, etc, Then go for the other charges.

Hi Simon.

In full agreement with Natweststaffmember.

Accept the offer but NOT the conditions. After all, how can they impose conditions on the return of your own money which they took from you unlawfully?

• Confused 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Update in my case.

Prelim letter sent 18-08-06

NatWest branch manager offer in full aslong as I give up future rights to question charges. Not accepted 22-08-06`

Letter back to NatWest accepting offer but with no conditions attacthed. 29-08-06

Letter back from natwestcustomer relations offering no further action and have a nice day basicaly 31-08-06

LBA sent to NatWest 02-09-06

Answer awaiting

:rolleyes:

Bloody cheeky NatWest staff. Not only are they breaking the law by making these charges, they showed a complete disregard for the data protection act!

My girlfriend went into my branch and the Manager (of all people!) entered my Acc number and upon seeing my name I presume asked "are you mr Herrings partner" my partner replied "yes". The manager then went on to ask do you know whats going on in regards for his claim against the bank charges" WTF?? "as I replied to his original letter and his second letter has been passed on to customer relations" My gf just said "no I haven't a clue"

Now is NatWest treading a fine line here? Anyone want to give me a rough outline of a letter to send to them regarding this incident? Any money in this for me? ;)

All answers on a postcard to

Natwest are a bunch of unprofessional @@@@@

Po Box 123

Bankersfield

Theres a deliberate mistake in the spelling of bankersfield :D

I think you are getting too angry with this because the manager was being nosey and not malicious. After the first letter sent back from the branch, the case may well have escalated on to Customer Relations Unit and they have a separate notes system to branch. We have no idea on the outcome of cases where we write to the customer. My first reaction would have been yours.

Feel free to complain but maybe better that when you win you write to the manager and tell him that you did win.

Has he disclosed any information to your GF? Did she know you were claiming before the visit? What information has he disclosed of your account?

I got this letter back this morning off Natwest saying .......

Thank you for your further letter of 2nd September 2006.

I regret that there is little that I can add constructively to my last letter and note your proposed action. I have alerted our lawyers and litigation department accordingly. May I please remind you that the address to use when initiating legal documents is that of our registered office below

Little he can add constructively??? How about answering my question for a breakdown of the charges?

Does that mean I can go ahead with court action now or do I have to wait the full 14 days?

Prelim letter sent 18-08-06

NatWest branch manager offer in full aslong as I give up future rights to question charges. Not accepted 22-08-06`

Letter back to NatWest accepting offer but with no conditions attacthed. 29-08-06

Letter back from natwestcustomer relations offering no further action and have a nice day basicaly 31-08-06

LBA sent to NatWest 02-09-06

Letter off natwest saying go ahead.06/09/06

I think you nedd to go ahead with your legal action now. Don't forget to add on the cost of the action when they come back to settle properly.

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.