Service charges hell council lease

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

i have an ex council propery which i boght about 5 years ago the service charge was estimated around 400 quid per year but they council without any visible increase in the service increased the costs to over 800 per year.

i disputed the charge as the dindt explain how it was reasonable and how they calcualted it. they just told me that it was possible to charge me more under the lease and they last week issues a county claim for the unpaid service charges they are claiming plus court costs. I send in acknowedgement of service last week and now need to submit my defense.

I dont want to end up with a CCJ agaist me. Should i pay the whole claim but not in full and final and then sue them for unspecified amount of damaged and ask the court to order them to justify the charges, exlain how they are reasonable and provide full fianncial records and explain how they control such costs or should i defend their current claim ?

Please help anyone...