How do DCA's trace?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Electoral roll,social networking sites, dvla, yell.com, info that is passed on by internet sites, phishing methods basically anything.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

It has been known for some DCA's to scurry along sewers to gain stool samples to be analyzed so they can tell wheather your a tesco value or Tesco finest man and ajust demands accordingly. Or am I thinking or rats?

You will be pleased to know that they cannot trace 65% of the cases assigned to them. A further 10% don't pay so that leaves them only being able to collect on 25% of what they buy and they are not collecting at that level.:D

I understand that a lot of their tracing methods are now going to be illegal without them proving that the person doing the tracing is properly trained in the nuances of the Data Protection Act.

Merely citing 'but its legal under the Data Protection Act' won't be sufficient they have to KNOW the part of the Act they are quoting.

I love messing them up on this, especially if I have my DPA crib sheet to hand which effectively has a counter part of the Act for every part quoted! I must remember to post it on here sometime....

I love messing them up on this, especially if I have my DPA crib sheet to hand which effectively has a counter part of the Act for every part quoted! I must remember to post it on here sometime....

Please do:)

Apparently it is relatively easy to get the DVLA to reveal information.

I once had a mysterious visitor at my front door claiming that his car had broken down at the end of driveway and asking if I had jump leads. He said that driving through a puddle had flattened his battery causing the car to stop. It seemed a dodgy story but I went to help, and lo and behold he just got in his car, started his engine and drove off. I'm guessing that his real purpose was to look at registration plates outside my house (not visible from the road) for cross-checking with DVLA.

Paranoid? Maybe, but the following week I had DCA letters recommence after a quiet spell, opening with claims that they had now confirmed I actually did live here (note that I am not on the electoral roll and other than ex-directory telephone line have no household bills in my name)

And, if you have ever read that some police force employees are not incorruptible, and will perform DVLA data searches outside of their line of duty, well those stories are true. As well as any documented cases that have come up in court, I also have recent first hand experience that this still goes on.

Apparently it is relatively easy to get the DVLA to reveal information.

I once had a mysterious visitor at my front door claiming that his car had broken down at the end of driveway and asking if I had jump leads. He said that driving through a puddle had flattened his battery causing the car to stop. It seemed a dodgy story but I went to help, and lo and behold he just got in his car, started his engine and drove off. I'm guessing that his real purpose was to look at registration plates outside my house (not visible from the road) for cross-checking with DVLA.

Paranoid? Maybe, but the following week I had DCA letters recommence after a quiet spell, opening with claims that they had now confirmed I actually did live here (note that I am not on the electoral roll and other than ex-directory telephone line have no household bills in my name)

And, if you have ever read that some police force employees are not incorruptible, and will perform DVLA data searches outside of their line of duty, well those stories are true. As well as any documented cases that have come up in court, I also have recent first hand experience that this still goes on.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

PPI SUCCESS

2011- Lloyds TSB £3874

2011 - Loans.co.uk (GE Finance) £1504.77

2017 - Moneyshop - £977

2018 - Aquacard £1327

2019 - Citicard - £1071.31

dont forget that if you move,

royal mail will pass on your redirection details to tv licence

tax

local authority

it goes on and on

they dont tell you that in the LARGE PRINT

I'll wager RM are paid handsomely for it, too.

Data is moneh... loyalty cards, ISP's, telecoms providers, store cards, 192.com et al and so on and so on.

CRA's use every trick in the book too - they harvest data whether you accept their terms or not (harvested when you turn over the page) and they have other tricks too. 'Just Rewards' from Experian looks like a survey site at first glimpse and they pay around 25p - £1 at the cashback sites as an incentive - what they don't make clear is they are lulling people into a trap to update their bum chums.

I have filled out hundreds with nonsensical info, and they paid me for the privilege too. I also like to click the CRA's sponsored google links and tan them for a bit more and they deserve every bit of it. :D

I would never use RM redirect, nor, as an aside, would I buy a television signal receiving device without paying cash and giving the name of Mr Figment Ofmy Imagination at some random addy (hoping they do have one!!).

Data is precious (he says with a chuffing Clubcard).

Experian are a "Partner" of Nectar.

Nectar only disclose your data to partner companies, the extent to which they disclose data isn't made clear on the Nectar website.

As of 03/03/12 please do not under any circumstances wait for my further input or guidance on any current thread or defence of a court claim I might have been involved in on or through Cag.

Jasper1965

They'll try anything.

They are known for making bogus calls to government organisations that they will know will hold the information. They'll ring DVLA, DWP, HMRC, LA's etc pretending to be you, or your representative, or even calling from another government department to confirm information. The DCA's will likely hold data about you such as your date of birth, full name, partner's name (if the loan agreement was taken jointly) and will use this to try and get past the security checks. Most often they fail because the manner of security checks change constantly and they ask questions about personal data which Government departments will not confirm over the phone, or which instantly give them away as an imposter.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)