Police-Seized my car-help required.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5075 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I would like someone to answer me a couple of questions please.

I was stopped last week and my car seized immediatley.

I drove without supervision.I hold a provisional licence.

My car was fully taxed,fully insured and has a full M.O.T on it. I didn't understand what the Officer was saying to me at the time and was left bewildered in the road.I am still upset at all this as I am suffering a bereavement at this time and my head is not in a good place.

Anyway I cannot afford to get my car back (discharged B/R) and I surrended my licence to the local Police station as told by the Officer who stopped me.

The local Officers stated that I could get my tax disc back and personal possessions from my car.I telephoned the number given to me and was told that I would have to pay another £70.00 to get my belongings from my car? I have also been told that the car is no longer mine and I can NOT retrieve my tax disc, and because I am not collecting the car they are going to sell it or crush it.

I should have not driven on my own, I know this and accept the fine and points, but to lose the car is devastating me. I cancelled my insurance on it straight away, but to assist me with the fine I thought I could claim my Road Tax back?? A few people have said to me that it seemed unfair that I wasn't given the opportunity to retrieve all my belongings at the time.

I am being told different things by the local Police and Traffic Police. Apparently it was the Traffic Police who stopped me and Local Police were the ones who said I could get my tax back. I am so confused with all this but no matter what I simply cannot afford to get my car back, but I would like some things from my car which are sentimental to me. Any advise help would be appreciated as I am not in a right logical place at the moment :(

Thank you Borisbeaver.

I didn't know that at the time and I did request that my fully licenced friend could sit in and let me drive my car home.

I only want to claim my personal things from my car and some of the tax back to assist with payment of the fine. I understand there are no sentiments in breaking the law, clearly I did and I understand a bit more than I did and have lost more than a car if I cannot get my possessions back.

I am not sure why they would have ceased your car, as, as soon as you stopped by the side of the road the car became fully insured and legal to be parked. i.e. the insurance only became an issue when you drove it without a full licence holder sitting beside you.

I presume your full licence holder friend was not with you at the time and you were going to have to wait for them to arrive and can only presume the police believed you may drive the car away again as soon as they left. I am not sure, with that fear in mind, whether that would have been sufficient grounds for them to cease the car.

Oh dear all this is confusing me!! I was driving without my fully licenced friend and traffic police just stopped me in the road. I did not have L Plates visable either.I told the truth when asked for my licence, I have never ever been in any kind of trouble with police before,I was alone,scared and didn't know what to tell him apart from the truth.

Its a long story as to why I got stopped, but it wasn't my driving that caused him to stop me,or tax,mot or insurance as the car was fully legal. I have heard that I was *reported* I was driving to collect my licenced friend from work - hindsight I know, but it wasn't too far.